Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2019 12:09 am
Sep 16, 2010
666 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga
nickwa wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:50 am
Me too. Was waiting to generate my own referral link for my wife, but at this rate, might just get her to sign up without.
I believe when you signed up first, you already got through to the 'referral program'. I would say sign your wife up with a referral link so that she can get that extra $50.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3926 posts
1878 upvotes
Vancouver
julian3216 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:52 am
Yes, I think AMEX are some of the only cards that allow for that.
Triangle Mastercard is easy to set up for this as well.

Ron.
Oct 8, 2011
713 posts
1735 upvotes
newfbc wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:53 am
Triangle Mastercard is easy to set up for this as well.

Ron.
Setup for what?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4090 posts
1799 upvotes
Rogers card you need to have a void cheque to mail in. PCF card needs to mail in the form, but their form only has 10 spots for account # while CCS has 12. You can do that with Amex online? Any other card we can do online? I screwed up my wife application. I told her to put in her middle name and I don't think EQ has that, so now she has to wait for 2 days or so like most of you here, no instant approval.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3926 posts
1878 upvotes
Vancouver
mkl38s wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:59 am
Rogers card you need to have a void cheque to mail in. PCF card needs to mail in the form, but their form only has 10 spots for account # while CCS has 12. You can do that with Amex online? Any other card we can do online? I screwed up my wife application. I told her to put in her middle name and I don't think EQ has that, so now she has to wait for 2 days or so like most of you here, no instant approval.
Triangle Mastercard (Canadian Tire) is very easy to set up online.

Ron.
Jun 13, 2013
144 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
So my question is now buried without a response so I'll ask it again:

With no physical branches in Ontario and only in BC, would this pose some kind of issue? If deciding to close the account down the road, can this be done from Ontario either via phone or online? What if there are some kind of form to sign to close the account or having to visit a branch? I know some transactions I do with my bank require me to come in person to sign forms. I haven't closed an account since I was a teenager so I'm not sure what exactly is involved in that process but I would imagine some form of signature is required....?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1941 posts
978 upvotes
Toronto
mkl38s wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 8:59 am
I think the best option here is to include two payments if the same amount to a credit card two months in s row.

For example, I may have two different monthly spends to the same credit card. I would $50 each month of the total come from CCS chequing account and pay the rest off through pay TM.

This way control the amount on the exact same date month as part of my spend. Pay tm instructions for PAD are below.

PAD via Pay TM

You can schedule a PAD payment by first adding the payment method you would like to pay with, then the bill you would like to pay.

To add a payment option:
Go to "Profile"
Click on "Payment Methods"
You will then have three options to choose from
Add Money to Paytm Cash
You have two options to add money: In-Person at Canada Post or Interac e-transfer (setup with Customer Care)
Add Bank Account
Add Debit or Credit Card

To add a bill:
Go to "My Bills"
Click "Add New Payee"
Search for your payee
Follow the instructions and then click "Add Biller"

After adding the bill you will see the 'schedule bill' option. This is the option you would select to schedule the autopay option.
Aug 19, 2018
11 posts
3 upvotes
Applied yesterday, got the message to wait 2 business days. Today I received an email with reference number saying to wait 2 business days.
Jun 12, 2019
86 posts
44 upvotes
nova1979 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:08 am
So my question is now buried without a response so I'll ask it again:

With no physical branches in Ontario and only in BC, would this pose some kind of issue? If deciding to close the account down the road, can this be done from Ontario either via phone or online? What if there are some kind of form to sign to close the account or having to visit a branch? I know some transactions I do with my bank require me to come in person to sign forms. I haven't closed an account since I was a teenager so I'm not sure what exactly is involved in that process but I would imagine some form of signature is required....?
Should be able to do it online. However, there is a $25 fee if you do it within the first 90 days.
Dec 11, 2017
48 posts
7 upvotes
I applied yesterday and got the message on screen that " it's been sent to a member of our team for additional review" but never got an email with reference number etc ... should I be concerned or this has happened to others too ?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4609 posts
3041 upvotes
Calgary
has anyone seen a referral credit show up in their account yet? The 50$? I thought I read 1-2 days for it to appear?
Jun 12, 2019
86 posts
44 upvotes
ash137 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:23 am
I applied yesterday and got the message on screen that " it's been sent to a member of our team for additional review" but never got an email with reference number etc ... should I be concerned or this has happened to others too ?
This happened to me. A few hours later, I got an e-mail with a reference. Check your junk.
Jun 12, 2019
86 posts
44 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:23 am
has anyone seen a referral credit show up in their account yet? The 50$? I thought I read 1-2 days for it to appear?
Did you maintain a balance of $100 (105 before they take the credit equity $5 investment) for at least 24 hours?

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

mkl38s