Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 3:43 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4134 posts
2139 upvotes
Vancouver
julian3216 wrote: Yes, I think AMEX are some of the only cards that allow for that.
Triangle Mastercard is easy to set up for this as well.

Ron.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4447 posts
2081 upvotes
Rogers card you need to have a void cheque to mail in. PCF card needs to mail in the form, but their form only has 10 spots for account # while CCS has 12. You can do that with Amex online? Any other card we can do online? I screwed up my wife application. I told her to put in her middle name and I don't think EQ has that, so now she has to wait for 2 days or so like most of you here, no instant approval.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4134 posts
2139 upvotes
Vancouver
mkl38s wrote: Rogers card you need to have a void cheque to mail in. PCF card needs to mail in the form, but their form only has 10 spots for account # while CCS has 12. You can do that with Amex online? Any other card we can do online? I screwed up my wife application. I told her to put in her middle name and I don't think EQ has that, so now she has to wait for 2 days or so like most of you here, no instant approval.
Triangle Mastercard (Canadian Tire) is very easy to set up online.

Ron.
Jr. Member
Jun 13, 2013
157 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
So my question is now buried without a response so I'll ask it again:

With no physical branches in Ontario and only in BC, would this pose some kind of issue? If deciding to close the account down the road, can this be done from Ontario either via phone or online? What if there are some kind of form to sign to close the account or having to visit a branch? I know some transactions I do with my bank require me to come in person to sign forms. I haven't closed an account since I was a teenager so I'm not sure what exactly is involved in that process but I would imagine some form of signature is required....?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 12, 2012
2002 posts
1048 upvotes
Toronto
mkl38s wrote: Rogers card you need to have a void cheque to mail in. PCF card needs to mail in the form, but their form only has 10 spots for account # while CCS has 12. You can do that with Amex online? Any other card we can do online? I screwed up my wife application. I told her to put in her middle name and I don't think EQ has that, so now she has to wait for 2 days or so like most of you here, no instant approval.
I think the best option here is to include two payments if the same amount to a credit card two months in s row.

For example, I may have two different monthly spends to the same credit card. I would $50 each month of the total come from CCS chequing account and pay the rest off through pay TM.

This way control the amount on the exact same date month as part of my spend. Pay tm instructions for PAD are below.

PAD via Pay TM

You can schedule a PAD payment by first adding the payment method you would like to pay with, then the bill you would like to pay.

To add a payment option:
Go to "Profile"
Click on "Payment Methods"
You will then have three options to choose from
Add Money to Paytm Cash
You have two options to add money: In-Person at Canada Post or Interac e-transfer (setup with Customer Care)
Add Bank Account
Add Debit or Credit Card

To add a bill:
Go to "My Bills"
Click "Add New Payee"
Search for your payee
Follow the instructions and then click "Add Biller"

After adding the bill you will see the 'schedule bill' option. This is the option you would select to schedule the autopay option.
Newbie
Aug 19, 2018
27 posts
13 upvotes
Applied yesterday, got the message to wait 2 business days. Today I received an email with reference number saying to wait 2 business days.
Jr. Member
Jun 12, 2019
144 posts
70 upvotes
nova1979 wrote: So my question is now buried without a response so I'll ask it again:

With no physical branches in Ontario and only in BC, would this pose some kind of issue? If deciding to close the account down the road, can this be done from Ontario either via phone or online? What if there are some kind of form to sign to close the account or having to visit a branch? I know some transactions I do with my bank require me to come in person to sign forms. I haven't closed an account since I was a teenager so I'm not sure what exactly is involved in that process but I would imagine some form of signature is required....?
Should be able to do it online. However, there is a $25 fee if you do it within the first 90 days.
Newbie
Dec 11, 2017
83 posts
13 upvotes
GTA, ON
I applied yesterday and got the message on screen that " it's been sent to a member of our team for additional review" but never got an email with reference number etc ... should I be concerned or this has happened to others too ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5215 posts
3757 upvotes
Calgary
has anyone seen a referral credit show up in their account yet? The 50$? I thought I read 1-2 days for it to appear?
Jr. Member
Jun 12, 2019
144 posts
70 upvotes
ash137 wrote: I applied yesterday and got the message on screen that " it's been sent to a member of our team for additional review" but never got an email with reference number etc ... should I be concerned or this has happened to others too ?
This happened to me. A few hours later, I got an e-mail with a reference. Check your junk.
Jr. Member
Jun 12, 2019
144 posts
70 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: has anyone seen a referral credit show up in their account yet? The 50$? I thought I read 1-2 days for it to appear?
Did you maintain a balance of $100 (105 before they take the credit equity $5 investment) for at least 24 hours?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 23, 2006
2359 posts
1105 upvotes
For those who want switch the PAD for their BELL bill, you must choose CENTRAL1 (BC) from the drop down on Bell website. You won’t find Coast Union on the list, but their bank code is 809.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)