Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 6:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6009 posts
4992 upvotes
Calgary
dadizhu wrote: stuck at the following message when trying to complete the e-transfer deposit

"We need some additional information
We have improved our security and want to make sure that it really is you. Call us at 1.888.517.7000 (Mon-Sat, 8am-8pm; Sun 9am-5:30pm) and we will be glad to help."
Call them. They will offer you a call back so you aren’t on hold all morning.
May 25, 2015
198 posts
185 upvotes
London, ON
Did anyone hear back from them? Signed up on Monday and got "We'll be in touch about the status of your application within 2 business days" email. It has been over two business day but no updates yet, I'm pretty sure they got overwhelmed by the number of the applications.
Sep 8, 2008
343 posts
38 upvotes
I plan to open an account but is there other way like using checque to do initial deposit?
I am in ON and have never done e-transfer before.
Sep 6, 2009
591 posts
219 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Call them. They will offer you a call back so you aren’t on hold all morning.
I wonder if this has anything to do with my Equifax/Transunion credit alerts. I was surprised that I even got approved right away with the online sign-up.
Last edited by dadizhu on Sep 12th, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 16, 2010
825 posts
286 upvotes
Mississauga
dadizhu wrote: stuck at the following message when trying to complete the e-transfer deposit

"We need some additional information
We have improved our security and want to make sure that it really is you. Call us at 1.888.517.7000 (Mon-Sat, 8am-8pm; Sun 9am-5:30pm) and we will be glad to help."
Did you put in your 8 digit debit number and your PAC and then tried to create your username when you got that message?
Jan 1, 2009
632 posts
308 upvotes
Mazda323 wrote: I plan to open an account but is there other way like using checque to do initial deposit?
You can use cheque but e-transfer is way easier. If you'd like I can help you to do one if it's from tangerine bank as I did mine there.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1426 posts
291 upvotes
Mississauga
Mazda323 wrote: I plan to open an account but is there other way like using checque to do initial deposit?
Its pretty easy to do etransfer to your self. Just make sure not to have your current email address is not in auto deposit mode. then initiate etransfer.. then with in few minutes..you will receive an email and ask you to depoits in your choosen bank.
you can search Coast Capital in the list or input the transit number and account number manually. It will be instant and easy way to deposit

make sure deposit $105 minimum as it automatically deducts $5 towards shares
Sep 6, 2009
591 posts
219 upvotes
torspiker wrote: Did you put in your 8 digit debit number and your PAC and then tried to create your username when you got that message?
Yes. I entered both. Then I got the popup that says I need to create username. Then I got the message.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6009 posts
4992 upvotes
Calgary
dadizhu wrote: I wonder if this has anything to do with my Equifax/Transunion credit alerts. I was surprised that I even got approved right away with the online sign-up.
its probably something very minor. get in the phone line up right away.
Apr 13, 2017
444 posts
228 upvotes
I had an account with them that I closed 9 years ago, would that make me inelligible? I guess I'll try anyways
Jan 1, 2009
632 posts
308 upvotes
KamS046 wrote: I had an account with them that I closed 9 years ago, would that make me inelligible? I guess I'll try anyways
You are eligible, you were not a member back on January 2014. See terms below.
Images
  • Screenshot_20190912-111028.png
Last edited by Nauth on Sep 12th, 2019 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 16, 2010
825 posts
286 upvotes
Mississauga
dadizhu wrote: Yes. I entered both. Then I got the popup that says I need to create username. Then I got the message.
Ok, I had the same issue and I think this may help. Try to use Chrome in Incognito mode and do the same thing again. I think the previous cache is messing up. Please let me know if that works.
Jun 12, 2019
176 posts
72 upvotes
KamS046 wrote: I had an account with them that I closed 9 years ago, would that make me inelligible? I guess I'll try anyways
Actually, I think as long you weren't a member after January 2014 you are good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6009 posts
4992 upvotes
Calgary
New members must not have been members with Coast Capital Savings since January 2014

you may qualify
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1810 posts
1282 upvotes
Signed up online last night. Got the first email with a reference number that also said my application was approved. The same email also says, "Keep an eye on your email inbox for important information about setting up your account"

Then, about 5 hours later, got a 2nd email that says I am registered for register a friend program BUT this 2nd email says, "All that's left to do now is open an account with Coast Capital Savings and make a minimum deposit of $100."

The 2nd email contradicts the 1st by saying what's left to do is to open an account with coast capital. Anyone know if my account is successfully opened at this point or not?

Also, all I have is a reference number. No debit card number so how do I log into my account to accept the $105 interac e-transfer?