Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 6:45 pm
Newbie
May 23, 2014
20 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Why are people setting up two PADs? Is one PAD not enough??
Sr. Member
Sep 16, 2010
848 posts
303 upvotes
Mississauga
adilh53 wrote: Signed up online last night. Got the first email with a reference number that also said my application was approved. The same email also says, "Keep an eye on your email inbox for important information about setting up your account"

Then, about 5 hours later, got a 2nd email that says I am registered for register a friend program BUT this 2nd email says, "All that's left to do now is open an account with Coast Capital Savings and make a minimum deposit of $100."

The 2nd email contradicts the 1st by saying what's left to do is to open an account with coast capital. Anyone know if my account is successfully opened at this point or not?

Also, all I have is a reference number. No debit card number so how do I log into my account to accept the $105 interac e-transfer?
You will need the email with your 8 digit debit number. Maybe look for it in your junk inbox?
Sr. Member
Feb 4, 2019
916 posts
1361 upvotes
BC
dadizhu wrote: stuck at the following message when trying to complete the e-transfer deposit

"We need some additional information
We have improved our security and want to make sure that it really is you. Call us at 1.888.517.7000 (Mon-Sat, 8am-8pm; Sun 9am-5:30pm) and we will be glad to help."
Do you have an ad blocker installed? I had this message and when I called in, rep told me to disable ad blocker and that solved it for me.
Sr. Member
Jan 1, 2009
671 posts
319 upvotes
whatthederek wrote: Why are people setting up two PADs? Is one PAD not enough??
I pad is enough as long as it's above $50 and happens twice in 90 day of account opening
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
1464 posts
309 upvotes
Mississauga
Nauth wrote: I pad is enough as long as it's above $50 and happens twice in 90 day of account opening
or two PADs in one month is enough as well right? i did not see anything mentioned to have two consecutive months to be held..

am i missing some thing. I am thinking of doing Two Credit cards each $50 scheduled in 10 days..which does seems to meet the criteria or should i continue the same day next month as well ?
This is bit grey area i guess
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1849 posts
1336 upvotes
torspiker wrote: You will need the email with your 8 digit debit number. Maybe look for it in your junk inbox?
Checked junk mail. It's not in there either
Member
Oct 30, 2012
272 posts
553 upvotes
adilh53 wrote: Signed up online last night. Got the first email with a reference number that also said my application was approved. The same email also says, "Keep an eye on your email inbox for important information about setting up your account"

Then, about 5 hours later, got a 2nd email that says I am registered for register a friend program BUT this 2nd email says, "All that's left to do now is open an account with Coast Capital Savings and make a minimum deposit of $100."

The 2nd email contradicts the 1st by saying what's left to do is to open an account with coast capital. Anyone know if my account is successfully opened at this point or not?

Also, all I have is a reference number. No debit card number so how do I log into my account to accept the $105 interac e-transfer?
Is the "All that's left to do now is open an account with Coast Capital Savings and make a minimum deposit of $100" referring to your friend opening an account to avail of the referral bonus?

It would make sense since the email is specifically about the referral program.

In any case, it sounds like your account is not set up yet. I'm assuming they are ridiculously snowed under in 1,000's of applications.
Last edited by mrkdwd on Sep 12th, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Jun 12, 2019
176 posts
72 upvotes
mkannuri wrote: or two PADs in one month is enough as well right? i did not see anything mentioned to have two consecutive months to be held..

am i missing some thing. I am thinking of doing Two Credit cards each $50 scheduled in 10 days..which does seems to meet the criteria or should i continue the same day next month as well ?
This is bit grey area i guess
No, it has to be two consecutive months.
Jr. Member
Jun 13, 2013
158 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
julian3216 wrote: Should be able to do it online. However, there is a $25 fee if you do it within the first 90 days.
Keyword: "Should". Can anyone confirm that you CAN do it over the phone or simply online?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1037 posts
488 upvotes
julian3216 wrote: No, it has to be two consecutive months.
im pretty sure your wrong, where on terms does it say that?
Jr. Member
Jun 12, 2019
176 posts
72 upvotes
risen888 wrote: hmmm i guess not for edmonton
Available, just change your province/location in the top right.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1037 posts
488 upvotes
risen888 wrote: hmmm i guess not for edmonton
edmonton is eligable put bc as your location at the top and signup that way during. during signup you can put your location as edmonton anyways

and yes eligable for the $500 + $50 referral bonus if referred :)
Last edited by bryceton on Sep 12th, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Jun 12, 2019
176 posts
72 upvotes
bryceton wrote: im pretty sure your wrong, where on terms does it say that?
Not only did I call, it's stated within the terms and conditions.
"The first and second withdrawal taken from the Account for the pre-authorized payment must be successfully withdrawn within 90 days of successfully opening an Account."

Edit: Sorry, didn't see you saying it can be two separate PADs. I confirmed this on the phone with them.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1037 posts
488 upvotes
julian3216 wrote: Not only did I call, it's stated within the terms and conditions.
"The first and second withdrawal taken from the Account for the pre-authorized payment must be successfully withdrawn within 90 days of successfully opening an Account."
exactly. it contradicts what you claim
you only need to do 2 pre-authorized payments not one a month for 2 momths...

Top