Expired Hot Deals

[Coast capital] Coast capital $500 bonus when you open a chequing account (BC only now)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 6:45 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1022 posts
479 upvotes
NOTE: this is very important for people with VOIP only..

during signup DO NOT select your voip number as a cell phone, set it as a home phone, for easier verification.

if you dont do this the texts wont be delievered and you will need to borrow someone eleses phone to activate your online account
Nov 8, 2011
692 posts
253 upvotes
NEPEAN
cdncbum12 wrote: So I applied on Monday and it's still under review. Anyone else in the same boat? Tried calling twice, both times said it's still under review.
Yes, same thing - Monday night applied and waiting as per the "we'll get back to you in 2 days" email.
Apr 2, 2018
454 posts
270 upvotes
Edmonton
cdncbum12 wrote: So I applied on Monday and it's still under review. Anyone else in the same boat? Tried calling twice, both times said it's still under review.
Same boat I just gave them a call today they said it's under review because of overwhelming with promo application
Koodo $35/5GB 3 lines, Rogers $42/20GB, Public Mobile $10, Freedom Mobile $37.5/8GB, $45/13GB
Feb 7, 2019
5 posts
4 upvotes
Tullamore, ON
I was told that that the $500 is subject to taxes and you will be issued a Tax receipt. Applied and still waiting to hear back on the approval.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6051 posts
5064 upvotes
Calgary
Naumanb wrote: I was told that that the $500 is subject to taxes and you will be issued a Tax receipt. Applied and still waiting to hear back on the approval.
300$ for me and I can’t see myself declaring it.
Last edited by SammyDavis on Sep 12th, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 7, 2019
5 posts
4 upvotes
Tullamore, ON
SammyDavis wrote: 300$ for me and I can’t see myself declaring it.
You always should, as interests gained are always tax deductible.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5016 posts
2623 upvotes
I setup Paypal last night and today 2 micro deposits were there. I confirmed and it's linked. faster than payTM (I did payTM right after last night too). Now, just don't know pulling money into PayPal will count as PAD or not. Is PayPal a financial institution?
Jan 1, 2009
632 posts
308 upvotes
Naumanb wrote: I was told that that the $500 is subject to taxes and you will be issued a Tax receipt. Applied and still waiting to hear back on the approval.
The hell... It should not be taxed it's a promotion, it's like a rewards credit card sign up bonus or bank sign ups bonus which arent taxed. I call bs
Last edited by Nauth on Sep 12th, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 12, 2019
176 posts
72 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: I setup Paypal last night and today 2 micro deposits were there. I confirmed and it's linked. faster than payTM (I did payTM right after last night too). Now, just don't know pulling money into PayPal will count as PAD or not. Is PayPal a financial institution?
YMMV but my agent said PayPal likely wouldn't count.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5016 posts
2623 upvotes
I doubt that. I did many other promotions (BMO, CIBC, Scotia, HSBC, etc) and so far none had given me a T5 because they were not interest earned.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2009
1412 posts
228 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Alright. I'm all signed up, put $105 in my chequing and set up 2 recurring payments in my pay bills tab, that's the 2 PAD's right?
Oct 23, 2013
169 posts
109 upvotes
MrDisco wrote: I also have the 'we need 2 days to review your account' email. was told they're processing over 900 applications and it's handled by a different department so they're a bit behind. all I/we can do is wait :|
That's odd. I signed up around noon today and while I had a few issues with their multi-factor authentication, the account was processed and I could access it right away. I've already set up PAD through Koodo.
Sep 11, 2019
3 posts
I just want to confirm, there is no minimum amount of time account must stay open?
Jul 17, 2017
111 posts
49 upvotes
BC
Isn't T5 only for interest earned, this is not interest. Its a gift essentially isn't it, for fulfilling certain conditions.
Sep 16, 2010
830 posts
289 upvotes
Mississauga
Nyaxite wrote: That's odd. I signed up around noon today and while I had a few issues with their multi-factor authentication, the account was processed and I could access it right away. I've already set up PAD through Koodo.
Are they working backwards on the applications pile? Lol. Lucky you!