Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Coast Capital Savings

BC Only: Free No Fee Chequing Account + $200 Welcome Bonus, Expires February 16, 2019

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 7:51 pm
Aug 14, 2012
428 posts
430 upvotes
North Vancouver
Messerschmitt wrote: How are all of you who've information have been stored in the US and US has all your personal info? And all for just $200
Doing just fine thanks for asking. As far as I'm concerned, my gmail account has way more info on me than my address and SIN and the few transactions I processed that Coast Capital has.

How's your tin foil hat?
Nov 25, 2003
716 posts
449 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
604reefer wrote: Doing just fine thanks for asking. As far as I'm concerned, my gmail account has way more info on me than my address and SIN and the few transactions I processed that Coast Capital has.

How's your tin foil hat?
Who uses real info for their gmail account?

Last edited by 1st timer on Feb 9th, 2019 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've been away for a while....
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
1st timer wrote: Who uses real info for their gmail account?

Exactly :)

And as far as I'm concerned, SIN info is HUGE! Don't have that in my gmail that's for sure...
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
Messerschmitt wrote: Exactly :)

And as far as I'm concerned, SIN info is HUGE! Don't have that in my gmail that's for sure...
I wonder what your p*rn search history is like? because google definitely knows.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
jellytime wrote: I wonder what your p*rn search history is like? because google definitely knows.
Is google my mother and I didn't know? Because if it is, then yes, I'm very embarrassed...
Nov 25, 2003
716 posts
449 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
Messerschmitt wrote: Exactly :)

jellytime wrote: I wonder what your p*rn search history is like? because google definitely knows.
I was just doing research to continue my studies in becoming a gynaecologist.Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

But back to the thread topic, too bad as I used to have an account with Richmond Savings. Always had good customer service with them and out here in BC, there are tons of exchange ATMs around (at least where I live).
I've been away for a while....
Mar 8, 2018
188 posts
89 upvotes
eRiceIT wrote: Is it just by setting up recurring payment?
Yes that’s correct
Xtreme value-maximizing customer
Aug 14, 2012
428 posts
430 upvotes
North Vancouver
1st timer wrote: I was just doing research to continue my studies in becoming a gynaecologist.Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

But back to the thread topic, too bad as I used to have an account with Richmond Savings. Always had good customer service with them and out here in BC, there are tons of exchange ATMs around (at least where I live).
You can still get the bonus if you closed your Richmond Savings account before Dec. 31, 2014
May 10, 2017
191 posts
102 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: Can anyone confirm that Feb 16 is the deadline to sign up the account? Or is the deadline to finish one of the two tasks in order to get 200? Thanks
Deadline to sign up.
For the tasks you have 12 weeks to complete
Aug 2, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
Could someone who is a member of Coast Capital clarify something for me please? I'm a bit confused. Looking at what the fees are, for Network ATM & POS, The Exchange is free, and Interac is $2.50. What I'm confused about is using your debit card to pay in stores. I know the machines use Interac, but are they also on The Exchange?
Jan 29, 2019
42 posts
13 upvotes
funtastic wrote: All BC credit unions do their clearing through Central 1 Credit Union, so it is easy for them to know if you have another account with a BC Credit Union - they don't even have to look at your credit report for that. So if you already have a Credit Union account in BC, you will NOT qualify.

Additionally, it's often Central 1 that is doing the promotion for the specific Credit Union, which is why the caveat is in place.
I had an g&f account before. But I closed it about half a year ago. Am I qualified for this promotion?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10043 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
ZKing23 wrote: I had an g&f account before. But I closed it about half a year ago. Am I qualified for this promotion?
you can always try ... but someone who is in similar situation (not with g/f) tried and was rejected 2 days later ...

however, you may still try to stack it with the referral bonus $50 ...
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
Wow. Just saw that today is the last day to get this bonus . I signed up a year ago and got this bonus. Gonna refer and sign up my wife’s for the bonus referral too. Thanks OP
Dec 8, 2013
26 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Wow, it has been extended.
Can someone please refer me for a referral bonus? Just PM
BTW, the deal is working with any of BC Credit unions - you have to fill a form on getyourshare.ca today according to T&Cs
Complete the online form before the end of the New Member Promotion Period. You will need to submit your legal name, birthdate, phone number and email address, and preferred contact method and/or preferred account opening method. This information will be shared with the selected Participating Credit Union.
The New Member Promotion runs from January 1, 2019 at 12:00 AM PST on through June 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST (the “New Member Promotion Period”).
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1864 posts
838 upvotes
Oakville
Alivenate wrote: Yes EFTs work. I have it linked with my EQ Bank account
Does Coast Capital allow linking external accounts and push/pull funds when you log into the Coast Capital website?
Last edited by Kursor17 on Feb 21st, 2019 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
Kursor17 wrote: Does Coast Capital allow linking external accounts with through: 2 small deposits, void cheque, or initial cheque deposit?
EQ Bank makes two small deposits into your account to verify it's yours anyways so yes, it should work as I have EQ Bank linked with my Coast Capital account.
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
Kursor17 wrote: Does Coast Capital allow linking external accounts and push/pull funds when you log into the Coast Capital website?
I don't believe so...hopefully someone can confirm.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
6675 posts
5466 upvotes
LaLaLand
Kursor17 wrote: Does Coast Capital allow linking external accounts and push/pull funds when you log into the Coast Capital website?
I was able to pull funds with my PayPal account.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4430 upvotes
BC
Opened an account online two weeks ago, got the bonus today. That was easy!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)