Expired Hot Deals

[Coast Capital Savings] *BC only* Get $200 for opening a Free Chequing Account with the usual req

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2018 12:01 am
[OP]
Nov 5, 2012
5 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver

*BC only* Get $200 for opening a Free Chequing Account with the usual req

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 21, 2018
Retailer:
Coast Capital Savings
For new accounts (and those who have closed their accounts over 12 months ago) and BC residents only!

$200 for opening a no fee Chequing account. I'm not qualified for this offer as I use it for my main banking already. Love their no fee chequing products.

More details:

Get $200 when you join. Once you open your account, you could get a $200 bonus. Just do one of the following:

1. Set up payroll direct deposit or another recurring direct deposit.

Or,

2. Set up a preauthorized debit to automatically pay any recurring bills, such as a phone or hydro bill.

Your first recurring deposit or debit needs to occur within 60 days of account opening in order to be eligible for this offer. The $200 credit will be applied within 120 days of the qualifying transaction posting to your account.

Fine prints:
Transactions include cheques, Coast Capital Savings® and EXCHANGE Network ATM withdrawals, Interac® Direct Payment, preauthorized payments, Coast-by-Phone® bill payments, Coast Online® Banking bill payments and in-branch withdrawals, transfers and bill payments. Deposits and self-serve (Coast Capital Savings® ATM, Coast-by-Phone® and Coast Online® Banking) transfers are free.
Open a Free Chequing, Free Debit and More Account before March 21, 2018, set up an eligible recurring preauthorized credit or debit within 60 days of account opening, and a $200 credit will be applied to your account. The $200 credit will be applied within 120 days of the qualifying transaction posting to your account. Offer not open to current members, Coast Capital Savings employees, or to persons who have closed an account in the last 12 months. Must be 19 years or older. Offer subject to satisfying account and membership opening criteria. Limit of $200 per new membership per person. Offer subject to change.
98 replies
Mar 10, 2012
340 posts
307 upvotes
PEACHLAND
If I set up pre-authorized payroll and change it after the first deposit would this work or is there a specific amount of transactions that need to occur?
[OP]
Nov 5, 2012
5 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
It says "recurring" so it needs to be more than one time but nothing about maintaining the account for a specified period of time. I suggest you wait for at least 4 months until you get the $200 before closing the account.
Mar 10, 2012
340 posts
307 upvotes
PEACHLAND
"We regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you membership with Coast Capital Savings at this time.

We’ve sent an email with more details around this decision. We encourage you to review this."

Damn you Coast Capital. They knew I just wanted the $200
Nov 21, 2017
300 posts
115 upvotes
Surrey BC
sweet thanks op. gonna sign up and have the phone bill as the recurring bill. hope that 200$ comes.
Nov 20, 2016
1 posts
I'm pretty sure you only need to wait for the 2nd recurring deposit or bill to go through before you get it.
Mar 12, 2006
577 posts
27 upvotes
2003fxdl wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 7:22 pm
"We regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you membership with Coast Capital Savings at this time.

We’ve sent an email with more details around this decision. We encourage you to review this."

Damn you Coast Capital. They knew I just wanted the $200
They already ended it?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1434 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome, I just signed up.

Got approved and I deposited $200.

Set up Telus phone bill as PAD. Hopefully that works.

Is there an easier way to set up a PAD? My bill is usually $70, I don't want a non-sufficient funds transaction...

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1434 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know how to set up a PAD with Tangerine to Coast Capital. I can't navigate their new site...
Feb 20, 2004
880 posts
294 upvotes
Just signed up and got the approval email. Tried to go to their link from my email for signing up for 'help me switch' but I am getting an ongoing error.
Mar 10, 2012
340 posts
307 upvotes
PEACHLAND
SuperStarDynex wrote:
Dec 13th, 2017 10:33 pm

Of course.
Can you post a bigger image please, that one is hard to read
Penalty Box
Jul 17, 2008
8201 posts
1675 upvotes
Can this be opened in person? Want to do it in a branch
Deal Addict
May 19, 2004
1635 posts
165 upvotes
Edmonton
Why not keep the pad or deposit going? It's free chequing account
Aug 24, 2008
498 posts
273 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks OP. Set up mine no problem, but had difficulty with my spouses account and says they need to contact us. So it appears to be as "reliable" as anything else these days. Don't be concerned if you have issues.