Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Coast Capital Savings

*BC only* Get $200 for opening a Free Chequing Account with the usual req

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2018 12:01 am
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
gundamwingZero wrote: Got my $200 welcome bonus..

Timeline:

opened account - dec 5
1st pad (telus) - jan 20
same, got the bonus
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
Signed up - Dec 13, 2017
$200 Bonus - Feb 25, 2018

Thanks RFD

Probably going to close out my account. Anyone know the best way to do that?
Feb 2, 2011
480 posts
316 upvotes
New Westminster
jellytime wrote: Signed up - Dec 13, 2017
$200 Bonus - Feb 25, 2018

Thanks RFD

Probably going to close out my account. Anyone know the best way to do that?
Good question for sure ( I just opened on last day of the Promo Mar 21 2018) I'm considering it too after 90 days or after I get my bonus, - because if not 90 days there is a $25 fee if I recall. I work closed to the Coast Cap in downtown in Vancouver - so I'd likely do it in person. or just keep it - I just wish it had free e transfer out ( they charge 1.50 for outgoing e transfers.
Jul 31, 2015
915 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Finally got the bonus. Mid December sign up. Thanks OP
Mar 2, 2016
130 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Signed up mid-Feb... 2 pre-auth payments have gone through since... still no bonus :(
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3686 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
Got my $200 on March 31st
I opened my account in mid Dec and account activated end of Dec.
First auto payment made on March 1st, delayed due to missing the billing cycle with Fido :(

so exactly one month after first pre-auth payment I received my $200.
Oct 25, 2014
291 posts
245 upvotes
Boswell, BC
My wife and I, who applied one week apart in March, both received the $200 welcome bonus transaction dated Saturday, May 12.
Dec 12, 2010
532 posts
164 upvotes
Vancouver
Finally got the $200 today (May 17). Took forever. Did the PAD on February 12 and had to remind them twice.

Am I able to get the $5 membership share back or is that gone?
Dec 13, 2016
230 posts
120 upvotes
kazin wrote: Finally got the $200 today (May 17). Took forever. Did the PAD on February 12 and had to remind them twice.

Am I able to get the $5 membership share back or is that gone?
If you close the account, they have to refund you the $5. Don't believe you can withdrawal the $5 without actually closing your business with them, because it's like a refundable membership fee.

I signed up for this promo a few months back and just got the bonus. Does anyone know if this promotion had a minimum period of time the account has to be open for? Or can it be closed immediately after receiving the bonus?
Dec 12, 2010
532 posts
164 upvotes
Vancouver
r2edline wrote: If you close the account, they have to refund you the $5. Don't believe you can withdrawal the $5 without actually closing your business with them, because it's like a refundable membership fee.

I signed up for this promo a few months back and just got the bonus. Does anyone know if this promotion had a minimum period of time the account has to be open for? Or can it be closed immediately after receiving the bonus?
I'm guessing they won't conveniently e-transfer it to me...I'd have to go in to get $5? Not worth it - they can have it haha.

My understanding is that you could close whenever.
Dec 13, 2016
230 posts
120 upvotes
kazin wrote: I'm guessing they won't conveniently e-transfer it to me...I'd have to go in to get $5? Not worth it - they can have it haha.
Doesn't hurt to ask, they might mail you a cheque for a small fee, but my guess is they'll probably just make it inconvenient for you to get the $5 back.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
r2edline wrote:
Does anyone know if this promotion had a minimum period of time the account has to be open for? Or can it be closed immediately after receiving the bonus?
The t&c doesn't say anything about minimum period, however there's a fee to close accounts within 90 days. I'll be closing mine this week.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Dec 12, 2010
532 posts
164 upvotes
Vancouver
maverikbc wrote: The t&c doesn't say anything about minimum period, however there's a fee to close accounts within 90 days. I'll be closing mine this week.
Within 90 days of opening the account or after you get the $200?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1538 posts
1228 upvotes
kazin wrote: Within 90 days of opening the account or after you get the $200?
After 90 days. I got my $200 around day 30 or so.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)