126 upvotes
Victoria, BC

Up to $350 for opening an account with Coast Capital Savings

Deal Link:
Expiry:
September 30, 2021
Retailer:
Coast Capital
Pretty standard deal for new customers, requiring a direct deposit for 3 consecutive months and 15 everyday transactions.

There is also up to $300 for referring friends/family, $100 for each reference.

I transfered to Coast Capital during the last time they had a similar offer, which took approximately 4-5 months to get the rewards. Well worth it and I have ended up closing out my TD bank accounts as I no longer need them or want to pay their monthly fees.

EDITSL:
BC Only
Referral code isnt needed to signup, but referrals are also increased during this promotion
Last edited by ghilborn on Aug 23rd, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4364 posts
3203 upvotes
Edmonton
ghilborn wrote: Pretty standard deal for new customers, requiring a direct deposit for 3 consecutive months and 15 everyday transactions. Must use a referral code.

I transfered to Coast Capital during the last time they had a similar offer, which took approximately 4-5 months to get the rewards. Well worth it and I have ended up closing out my TD bank accounts as I no longer need them or want to pay their monthly fees.
BC only!
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1658 posts
1680 upvotes
Markham, ON
I still use my Saskatchewan based Innovation Credit Union account fairly regularly.

I'm sure I would find ways to use this account aswell if it were available to Ontario residents.
Hi!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
7343 posts
7785 upvotes
Vancouver
ghilborn wrote: Pretty standard deal for new customers, requiring a direct deposit for 3 consecutive months and 15 everyday transactions. Must use a referral code.

You don't need a referral. The offer is posted on the main Coast Capital page.
https://www.coastcapitalsavings.com/pro ... itch-offer

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Sep 15, 2019
442 posts
1479 upvotes
High
Signed up for the $500 promo, no hassle getting the bonus!
Jan 24, 2021
15 posts
10 upvotes
Signed up in 2019 prom. got 500 in AB.

This time they set up the limitation
Mar 9, 2005
179 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto
These guys are crooks. This post should be taken down IMO.
Oct 23, 2018
29 posts
18 upvotes
Anyone have experience or a testimonial with these guys vs a big bank, or Tangerine?
Apr 19, 2020
532 posts
863 upvotes
langley
I have coast have been for over 20 years it has gone way down hill o have moved to eq for Savings tangerine for mutel funds coast is good for nothing but to move the money to tangerine lol
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29039 posts
14586 upvotes
Here's the fine print:
https://www.coastcapitalsavings.com/med ... ons-v7.pdf

Transaction codes from 200-399 qualify as well as employers. GIg economy counts as an employer.
https://www.payments.ca/sites/default/f ... 007eng.pdf

The one holdout from 2000 is that Coast Capital still charges $1.50 for Interac etransfers.
https://www.coastcapitalsavings.com/service-fees

Receiving is free, but sending costs money. What year is this?

Still... $300 for free? I might apply anyways.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Nov 6, 2013
242 posts
77 upvotes
ABBOTSFORD
Anyone know if we can sign up for this if we did the $500 promo last time? I cancelled right after that promo and its been over a year.