• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2021 10:02 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
1239 posts
65 upvotes

Cobbler style shaker for cocktails

I am looking to buy this as a gift for a friend who wants one, however, I keep reading reviews that they leak. Does anyone use one that they recommend...16oz? I know that boston style shaker is probably better but she does not like those.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17910 posts
15360 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lol, we have both.
Honestly... they are both prone to leaking
It’s more about the Bartenders abilities
And less about the shaker
The talent is in the hands ... not in the container
Nov 13, 2003
86 posts
5 upvotes
Edmonton
Take a look at elevatedcraft.com, which is basically an improved cobbler shaker. I've never had it leak, "explode" (egg whites), or had the cap freeze closed. It's pretty cool.

My boston shaker is still my favourite though!
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1351 posts
795 upvotes
Toronto
I have a GluckensteinHome one I got from The Bay a decade or so ago that has never leaked or exploded on me. Never frozen shut either, though it can get rather chilly on the hands on a good shake with lots of ice.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1144 posts
332 upvotes
Oakville, ON
boneca wrote: I am looking to buy this as a gift for a friend who wants one, however, I keep reading reviews that they leak. Does anyone use one that they recommend...16oz? I know that boston style shaker is probably better but she does not like those.
My favorite store for this stuff is Cocktail Emporium. I've bought everything online. Great place for hard to find bitters or other obscure ingredients. I have both types of shakers and prefer to use the Cobbler shaker for anything that needs shaking with multiple smaller ice cubes in it.