News & Features Discussion

Coca-Cola Canada Introduces New British Columbia Raspberry & Georgia Peach Flavoured Coke

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2019 4:05 pm
Tags:
None
15 replies
Mar 6, 2017
36 posts
66 upvotes
NWO
Is Mexican coca cola available to purchase in Canada?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16223 posts
31094 upvotes
Scarborough
Hiybbprqag wrote: Is Mexican coca cola available to purchase in Canada?
Yes it is. You can see a tiny bit of one on the right side of the header photo. That was taken at an Ontario Rexall store.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Sep 26, 2011
384 posts
88 upvotes
Sadly like shoppers its up to the franchisee if they want to add non-standard merch. Alot of independant variety stores do carry it & the spire pepsi
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2640 posts
2895 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
so Arrested Development show was not joking? There really is Mexican Coke? hahaha. I thought the dude in season 5 was trying to be racist, but its real?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31690 posts
13027 upvotes
Raspberry and Orange I've had, they are pretty much terrible. Now it wasn't "British Columbia" raspberry but pretty sure they're all the same--regular raspberry, "California" raspberry, "British Columbia", I'm guessing they're all the same formula?

Speaking of formulas, pretty sure Coke is supposed to be made with corn syrup because that was the "Original Formula" (minus the cocaine, lol). Hence why for many years in Canada Coke cans said "Original Taste" because we used sugar while in the US they said "Original Formula" due to the use of HFCS. I think at some point they changed Canadian Coke to be HFCS too but I'm not sure. So I think "Mexican" Coke and Canadian Coke were basically the same thing for a while.

Anyway all that sugary nonsense aside, the flavours suck. Taste like some kind of abomination. I think when I was in the US last I even saw some Orange-Vanilla madness--the flavours are getting out of hand.

They should just stick with having Cherry Coke on the shelves here, full-time, just like they do in the US, including Cherry Zero which I've never seen here period. Instead of all this stupid let's-add-whatever-flavour-and-make-it-a-thing flavours which are lame and taste like poison.
Sep 26, 2011
384 posts
88 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: Raspberry and Orange I've had, they are pretty much terrible. Now it wasn't "British Columbia" raspberry but pretty sure they're all the same--regular raspberry, "California" raspberry, "British Columbia", I'm guessing they're all the same formula?

Speaking of formulas, pretty sure Coke is supposed to be made with corn syrup because that was the "Original Formula" (minus the cocaine, lol). Hence why for many years in Canada Coke cans said "Original Taste" because we used sugar while in the US they said "Original Formula" due to the use of HFCS. I think at some point they changed Canadian Coke to be HFCS too but I'm not sure. So I think "Mexican" Coke and Canadian Coke were basically the same thing for a while.

Anyway all that sugary nonsense aside, the flavours suck. Taste like some kind of abomination. I think when I was in the US last I even saw some Orange-Vanilla madness--the flavours are getting out of hand.

They should just stick with having Cherry Coke on the shelves here, full-time, just like they do in the US, including Cherry Zero which I've never seen here period. Instead of all this stupid let's-add-whatever-flavour-and-make-it-a-thing flavours which are lame and taste like poison.
From what i understood some of this comes from what has been popular at freestyle locations. Ive even seen in app their now experimenting with flat fanta
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31690 posts
13027 upvotes
CFORD wrote: From what i understood some of this comes from what has been popular at freestyle locations. Ive even seen in app their now experimenting with flat fanta
Hmm that makes sense--use them for market research! :) However I still stick to the raspberry being terrible, as in I-poured-the-rest-of-a-591ml-down-the-drain terrible. The orange is at least drinkable but TBH most Coke flavours ruin the drink itself.
Sep 26, 2011
384 posts
88 upvotes
Sad thing is freestyle mixes differently then premix in bottle/can great example is baja blast in can isnt as good as it in bottle(well chilled)/post-mix bib. Since the move from hfcs to glucose-fructose & or sugar(as it says on the label) each package size has different concentrations of ingredients that they seem to keep tweaking(oddly enough cotts still uses hfcs for their brand but for their contract with pc for their 4 can pack they use cane sugar). I remember tasting throw back pepsi & thinking I was sold a fake that was made by some amture in the back of their home kitchen, whereas the pepsi made with real sugar from a pepsi spire is closer to glass bottle variant made at their purchase facility
Sep 26, 2011
384 posts
88 upvotes
Seen this & those barqs cases at zehrs the other day. Today I also seen pepsi crystal has returned(again in the 591ml format) there
Jan 22, 2007
745 posts
595 upvotes
Hoping to see more soft drinks made from can sugar on Canadian shelves!

Sep 26, 2011
384 posts
88 upvotes
Tried both the berry & mango(tasted just as good as the mango kickstart) pepsi worth every penny. If only c plus could make a comeback(to americans its called sunkist) grape had to be my favorite

Sadly it would seem their new coke promo must be us only

Been tempted to try the cherry barqs rootbeer
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16223 posts
31094 upvotes
Scarborough
CFORD wrote: Tried both the berry & mango(tasted just as good as the mango kickstart) pepsi worth every penny. If only c plus could make a comeback(to americans its called sunkist) grape had to be my favorite

Sadly it would seem their new coke promo must be us only
Not a fan of Pepsi but I do want to try the new Mango flavour.

I ordered some New Coke which I'm going to pick up in the US when I visit in a few weeks. I'm excited to see what it tastes like.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Sep 26, 2011
384 posts
88 upvotes
The furthest ill go pepsi-wise is mtn dew(shame mutant failed so that means no surge comback), brisk & if im at a pepsi spire location cherry pepsi made with real sugar or brisk with a shot of cherry. Sad the only c plus theyll carry here is orange it tastes better than crush. Pitchblack is 1 of the few mtn dew that taste real

The notion is was their way of moving to hfcs without anyone noticing