Cocacola to raise prices by 15%

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2019 4:07 pm
17 replies
Feb 10, 2008
643 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
The article is from 10 months ago...pretty sure it's already happened.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3464 posts
674 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately, it is becoming very difficult to find the 237 ml glass bottles of Coca-Cola in Toronto. I know because I have a preference for the glass bottles - actually I am drinking one now. Plan B are the miniature cans which are readily available but not my preference. I do not care for the new smaller plastic bottles (package of 8 instead of the 6 glass bottles).

mrwally and playnicee1 - thank you for pointing out that the article is old - I knew that right off based on the difficulty I have been experiencing but others may not. These days you have to check the dates on all articles it seems.

Coca-Cola Canada has received many calls from avid Coca-Cola drinkers looking for the glass bottles. Regrettably, when calling the number listed for Canadian customers it is routed through to Atlanta where the glass bottles are still being made on a consistent basis.

If I see the glass bottles I will buy them but only after checking the best before dates since Coca-Cola will and does go flat. Current bottle is dated April 6, 2020. I obviously am a Coca-Cola drinker - never Pepsi. I prefer the Coca-Cola in Europe though - I can drink it in any form unless it has ice (and is not Diet).
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13015 upvotes
Isn't pricing the same but the size shrinking instead?
Aug 8, 2019
343 posts
198 upvotes
I mainly purchase 2L bottles for groups of people. Those don't change right?
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19592 posts
3595 upvotes
Toronto
Blanche123 wrote: Unfortunately, it is becoming very difficult to find the 237 ml glass bottles of Coca-Cola in Toronto. I know because I have a preference for the glass bottles - actually I am drinking one now. Plan B are the miniature cans which are readily available but not my preference. I do not care for the new smaller plastic bottles (package of 8 instead of the 6 glass bottles).

mrwally and playnicee1 - thank you for pointing out that the article is old - I knew that right off based on the difficulty I have been experiencing but others may not. These days you have to check the dates on all articles it seems.

Coca-Cola Canada has received many calls from avid Coca-Cola drinkers looking for the glass bottles. Regrettably, when calling the number listed for Canadian customers it is routed through to Atlanta where the glass bottles are still being made on a consistent basis.

If I see the glass bottles I will buy them but only after checking the best before dates since Coca-Cola will and does go flat. Current bottle is dated April 6, 2020. I obviously am a Coca-Cola drinker - never Pepsi. I prefer the Coca-Cola in Europe though - I can drink it in any form unless it has ice (and is not Diet).
Costco had 24-packs of the glass bottles this summer, with actual sugar cane instead of corn syrup. They were variety packs with 7-up and Fanta along with Coca-cola. I'm not sure if it's a regular item or a one-off.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2949 upvotes
I would love to taste fanta with cane sugar. My favorite drink by far
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
7404 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote: Costco had 24-packs of the glass bottles this summer, with actual sugar cane instead of corn syrup. They were variety packs with 7-up and Fanta along with Coca-cola. I'm not sure if it's a regular item or a one-off.
Its mexican coke,sprite and fanta at around 28 bucks and BOY was it good. Its been at Costco during summer months for the past 2 years now.
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16718 posts
3895 upvotes
Toronto
Blanche123 wrote: Unfortunately, it is becoming very difficult to find the 237 ml glass bottles of Coca-Cola in Toronto.
True, but I'm having no trouble finding the larger 355 ML glass coke bottles (sold individually) with pure cane sugar instead of HFC.
There may still be some 355 ml glass bottles in 4 packs @ Loblaws, but I'm not sure. Last time I was there it was the peach coke or raspberry coke glass bottles only.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1478 posts
513 upvotes
GTA
2L used to be 79 cents on sale.. luckily if you can find under $2 now
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
45387 posts
8421 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Piro21 wrote: Costco had 24-packs of the glass bottles this summer, with actual sugar cane instead of corn syrup. They were variety packs with 7-up and Fanta along with Coca-cola. I'm not sure if it's a regular item or a one-off.
I saw that @ costco biz centre.
I’m still working through mine from a few months back
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16718 posts
3895 upvotes
Toronto
ericlewis91 wrote: 2L used to be 79 cents on sale.. luckily if you can find under $2 now
Coke and Pepsi also used to be offered in 1.5 Litre glass bottles before going to the 2 litre plastic bottle format.
I don't remember anything lower than 99 cents for two litres though.
No frills likes to offer the 2 litre bottle of Coke and Pepsi for $1 each when they have their dollar deals or sometimes for other random sales.
It seems the best price for 2 L of name brand pop lately is 3 for $4.98 though, pretty much everywhere I turn.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3464 posts
674 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 - I too am able to find the 355 ml bottles of Coca-Cola. I don't care for the flavoured varieties though - just regular. I do prefer the 222 ml bottle though because of portion control. If it is 355 ml I will drink it! I do not plan on it but somehow it just happens. Coca-Cola Classic is the only fizzy drink I care for - and like many others I do not like coffee or tea. There are a lot of us out there. I only have 3 bottles of the 222 ml size left, then I am back to the mini cans.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19207 posts
2074 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
If people consume this on a frequency that a 0.15% increase will significantly impact their expenses then I would say they have more pressing concerns to address. Not wanting to be one of those Debby Downers who get all sanctimonious in a fast food thread but seriously drinking sodas once a day or with every meal is just asking for trouble.

Usually I have periods where I’ll indulge and get the 710ml 6x when it’s on sale. I never buy the 12 or 24 case. I see people load up on the 2 litres when they’re $1 at no frills and the people look like they have a tire around their waste. Seriously do these people not care that they run out of breath climbing the stairs?
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13331 posts
5115 upvotes
Toronto
ericlewis91 wrote: 2L used to be 79 cents on sale.. luckily if you can find under $2 now
playnicee1 wrote: No frills likes to offer the 2 litre bottle of Coke and Pepsi for $1 each when they have their dollar deals or sometimes for other random sales.
$1 for 2L starting tomorrow at No Frills
Last day at FreshCo 6x710ml for $2 i.e. 4L for $2 i.e. 2L for $1 (smaller is better even 710ml gets flat before I can drink it all)
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16718 posts
3895 upvotes
Toronto
...meanwhile over @ Freshco I've noticed that week after week after week for one Litre of Coke they have a price of $1.25 with an X through it and $1 under that.
It's been like that forever, it seems. Very misleading. I don't think they ever charged $1.25 to begin with.
(the dollar tag makes it look like a sale)
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12902 posts
1262 upvotes
Blanche123 wrote: Unfortunately, it is becoming very difficult to find the 237 ml glass bottles of Coca-Cola in Toronto. I know because I have a preference for the glass bottles - actually I am drinking one now. Plan B are the miniature cans which are readily available but not my preference. I do not care for the new smaller plastic bottles (package of 8 instead of the 6 glass bottles).

Costco business Centre has glass bottles by the case
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC