Code M on ROE. Bad for future?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2021 5:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 15, 2021
1 posts

Code M on ROE. Bad for future?

Recently I got dismissed from my job, worked for almost 3 years, and I received my ROE that states code M.
I'm a foreign worker, I wasn't sure what it meant. Translation to my language seemed right, but when I googled it, there were several postings saying if you got code M on your ROE, it might be hard to get jobs after.
Is that really true? Mine doesn't have any comments.
I am not applying for EI since I am thinking about going back to my country. My question is only for the career and futurewise.

Please give me advice. Sorry for my poor English writing skills..
Last edited by ffffkay on Apr 16th, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12428 posts
8934 upvotes
Edmonton
ffffkay wrote: Recently I got dismissed from my job, worked for almost 3 years, and I received my ROE that states code M.
I'm a foreign worker, I wasn't sure what it meant. Translation to my language seemed right, but when I googled it, there were several postings saying if you got code M on your ROE, it might be hard to get jobs after.
Is that really true? Mine doesn't have any comments.
I am not applying for EI since I am thinking about going back to my country. My question is only for the career and futurewise.

Please give me advice. Sorry for my poor English writing skills..
Not sure about the long version of your story, but future employers will only see your ROE (and the code) if you show it to them. It’s protected information.

C
Last edited by MrDisco on Apr 16th, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7481 posts
4769 upvotes
Victoria, BC
CNeufeld wrote: Not sure about the long version of your story, but future employers will only see your ROE (and the code) if you show it to them. It’s protected information.

C
And to answer OP (who seems to have shortened their post - so glad I could see the full post with your quote) - yes, a dismissal does look bad to future employers. Will they see it? Probably not. I don't think I've ever worked anywhere that we asked to see someone's ROE from previous job. What it does though, is makes getting EI much more difficult I think. Also, you obviously won't be able to use this employer as a good reference.

I'm not sure why them coming over to reclaim their company property would be illegal? They clearly didn't want to give you the time/opportunity to delete anything/steal client information/etc. If they'd told you about it ahead of time, you could have screwed them over somehow. That's my guess anyways.