Expired Hot Deals

Codenames $11.97 @ Toys R Us (online only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2018 7:59 am
[OP]
Nov 20, 2016
272 posts
322 upvotes
Victoria BC

Codenames $11.97 @ Toys R Us (online only)

Awesome prices for these games if you have anything else to order (to take advantage of the free shipping).

Codenames $11.97 from Toys R Us: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... =117652326
SOLD OUT - Codenames Duet $16.99 from Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/co ... 28062.aspx?

TRU also has a sale on board games $24.99 and under right now - up to 40% off. If you're buying any Hasbro games, you should be able to combo with this coupon for an additional 10% off: http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?ca ... sbro_10518
Last edited by munguswot on Jan 5th, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2994 posts
1706 upvotes
I haven't played Duets, but I got Codenames to bring around on the holidays and every single person absolutely loved it!

Once everyone had a turn at being spymaster, they all shutup about taking a few minutes to think up a word :)

Such a well developed game that is easy to pick up. Love how they designed it to make it have endless setups for an original game each time.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2016
272 posts
322 upvotes
Victoria BC
Lupin wrote: Duet is sold out though ...
Thanks, updated the OP. It was available when posted.
Feb 25, 2008
323 posts
27 upvotes
Bought codenames during xmas sale on amazon, think i paid $16. I haven't played it (we were gaming with Catan and Castles of Burgundy) but I did watch the "tabletop" youtube show about Codenames and it looks easy to pick up and a lot of fun.
At $12 it's a no-brainer, esp if you ever entertain or have friends that come over for drinks on a friday/weekend.
Apr 2, 2011
367 posts
219 upvotes
Montreal
Shipping kills the deal. Cost almost 10$ to ship. When you have over 49$ to qualify for free shipping, the shipping cost exceeds 20$ so tru only deducts 20$. You still end up paying for shipping.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2016
272 posts
322 upvotes
Victoria BC
Guyman wrote: Shipping kills the deal. Cost almost 10$ to ship. When you have over 49$ to qualify for free shipping, the shipping cost exceeds 20$ so tru only deducts 20$. You still end up paying for shipping.
Weird, it must depend on what you're ordering...for example, I added Codenames and Pokemon Ultra Sun to my cart and shipping came out free.
Nov 27, 2003
295 posts
106 upvotes
Guyman wrote: Shipping kills the deal. Cost almost 10$ to ship. When you have over 49$ to qualify for free shipping, the shipping cost exceeds 20$ so tru only deducts 20$. You still end up paying for shipping.
That's not true in every instance. Some things, due to their size or weight, cost a lot to ship and are not eligible for the free shipping after $50 policy. But try adding 5 copies of Codenames and you'll pay zero shipping.
Nov 27, 2003
295 posts
106 upvotes
Does anyone have any experience with ordering in the store, to the store? Could that circumvent the shipping charge?
Nov 27, 2003
295 posts
106 upvotes
Dragonwood, Sushi Go, Forbidden Island and Travel Qwirkle were also mentioned as good deals at TRU. That right there could get one over the $50 limit :D
Apr 2, 2011
367 posts
219 upvotes
Montreal
Lupin wrote: That's not true in every instance. Some things, due to their size or weight, cost a lot to ship and are not eligible for the free shipping after $50 policy. But try adding 5 copies of Codenames and you'll pay zero shipping.
5 copies of Codenames cost 48.80 - 20 just for shipping. The box is not big either. You'll need to find something small but pricey to offset the shipping to >20
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11681 posts
3074 upvotes
Never heard of the game, thank god for Google, because the ToysRUs website, has a tiny little picture, and a one line description, that tells you nothing about the game.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Nov 27, 2003
295 posts
106 upvotes
Guyman wrote: 5 copies of Codenames cost 48.80 - 20 just for shipping. The box is not big either. You'll need to find something small but pricey to offset the shipping to >20
Fine, you win! :) I did that with 5 Forbidden Island copies and it goes to zero.
Dec 26, 2010
991 posts
702 upvotes
Looks like forbidden Island is $11.97 on amazon as well
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1120 posts
244 upvotes
Bought Codenames for Christmas and played it with friends on New Years. So much fun. A steal at this price.
Jun 9, 2006
824 posts
170 upvotes
Weird... i'm getting:
Due to shipping restrictions, some items in your shopping cart cannot be shipped to the address you have provided. Please enter a different shipping address or go to your cart to remove item(s).
Nov 1, 2006
258 posts
96 upvotes
I played Codenames: Pictures with my 6 and 8 year old girls and they had a blast. The fact that my 6 year old could look at the picture as opposed to reading the text made it more accessible for her. They also enjoyed giving the clues as much if not more than guessing the cards. I highly recommend this game as a party game. The gameplay mechanic is super simple and can be taught in less than 2 mins. Each game usually lasts under 20 mins so you can play a few times before moving on to something else. I ended up buying Codenames, Codenames: Pictures, and Codenames: Duet but have only played Pictures so far.
Dec 23, 2010
830 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: Never heard of the game, thank god for Google, because the ToysRUs website, has a tiny little picture, and a one line description, that tells you nothing about the game.

it's a lovely party game for those of you others who don't know. You just need two teams so ideally a minimum of four players.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6832 posts
1075 upvotes
Ottawa
I would recommend codenames pictures over this one. It makes the game more fun and would be adult friendly(if they’re not good with english).