Cogeco 65/1GB 4 months

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2022 10:27 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 20, 2017
104 posts
87 upvotes
Doogles wrote: Just signed up yesterday for 1gig for $70 a month for 180 months, also includes a $50 bill credit for the first month, free modem rental and install. My friend sent me a contact of a door to door guy to get the deal. This is in the Niagara Region.

PM me if you would like the contact info
Hoping this is still around so I can get a deal once my 4 months is up.
[OP]
Jun 20, 2017
104 posts
87 upvotes
freshlycutlawn wrote: Thank you for this. Was able to get 1Gbps for $90/month which is going to be a slight upgrade from my current $85/month FTTH at 100mbps. Hoping that Cogeco is just as reliable but worth trying it for potentially 10x the speed for an additional $5/month. Unfortunately this is the going rate for internet in my area.

FTTH at 1Gbps in my area would be $119+tax from my current provider as a point of reference.

Edit: also $50 waived from the first bill
I was paying about $70 for just 50mbps and it didn't make much sense. I know the struggle.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2667 posts
610 upvotes
Burlington
What is the contract term?
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2938 posts
1784 upvotes
KasJ061251 wrote: There is no contract.
Yeah they just raise prices whenever they please. Every year I call in to get my bill adjusted- there’s always some promo or discount that came off and I don’t realize till I get the bill.
Oct 23, 2012
167 posts
42 upvotes
Saalro wrote: Oakville in GTA only supports Bell and Cogeco lines... But the prices for Cogeco are a rip Imo. You're better off going with Bell for a 1 year promotional, then threatening to jump to Virgin (who use the same Bell lines) to extend your promotional offers.
if you don't have access to fibe, then i think the cogeco prices are better.
i'd really like to jump ship - but cogeco is the only thing offering 1gbps.
Jun 1, 2022
7 posts
1 upvote
This deal has expired now… on the website it’s showing 90$ (Niagra falls) for 10 years no contract

70$ Posted by @Doogles was only applicable to some city

It looks Cogeco is running promotions where there is a compilation from Rogers/Bell
[OP]
Jun 20, 2017
104 posts
87 upvotes
Samlal wrote: This deal has expired now… on the website it’s showing 90$ (Niagra falls) for 10 years no contract

It looks Cogeco is running promotions where there is a compilation from Rogers/Bell
Thanks for letting me know.
Oct 15, 2015
103 posts
84 upvotes
St. Catharines
Samlal wrote: This deal has expired now… on the website it’s showing 90$ (Niagra falls) for 10 years no contract

Apparently it is still available in the St. Catharines / Thorold area
[OP]
Jun 20, 2017
104 posts
87 upvotes
I think he's talking about the $65/m. Yeah that deal, the guy told me it'll be around for a while
Oct 11, 2012
288 posts
186 upvotes
Just curious, what’s the main benefit of 1g speeds? Obviously downloads are much faster but I have 60mb speeds and I can watch 4K video no problem. Is this more for a household that has multiple users?
Sep 10, 2017
69 posts
92 upvotes
All these people saying they pay X for 10 years are being deceived by their shady marketing strategy.

You're not guaranteed to pay X for 10 years. Read the fine print and you'll see something like "Guaranteed savings of Y for 120 months", which means that they can simply increase the regular price and not touch the discount amount and you'll end up paying more.

i.e. it currently shows me $95 a month with guaranteed savings of $21.50 for 120 months (base price of $116.50). If they decide to jack up the base price to $150 in 6 months, you'll pay $150 - $21.50 = $128.50.
Oct 15, 2015
103 posts
84 upvotes
St. Catharines
ThiagoSCF wrote: All these people saying they pay X for 10 years are being deceived by their shady marketing strategy.

You're not guaranteed to pay X for 10 years. Read the fine print and you'll see something like "Guaranteed savings of Y for 120 months", which means that they can simply increase the regular price and not touch the discount amount and you'll end up paying more.

i.e. it currently shows me $95 a month with guaranteed savings of $21.50 for 120 months (base price of $116.50). If they decide to jack up the base price to $150 in 6 months, you'll pay $150 - $21.50 = $128.50.
Agreed, but there is no contract so you have the option to cancel if prices start going up.
Aug 4, 2005
330 posts
127 upvotes
Anyone in Oakville know a door to door rep that can give me $65 a month?
May 25, 2022
4 posts
18 upvotes
I'm one street over from Oakville... showing $95 /mo here in Burlington.
I'll give them a call, wish me luck!

Update: Called and got it down to I believe $66.50. The rep on the phone said that the $65 isn't available to them, and was likely only available based on postal codes, but he was able to combine a few things to get us down to something close.
Jun 26, 2022
1 posts
I signed up. They screwed up the install. All finally up and running last week, and today I got letter of $12 increase. They are absolutely highway robbers. They enticed me into signing up with a sweet deal and then raise the rates.

I don't understand WHY they want you to commit to 2 year contract when they have NO intention of maintaining the contract pricing. So what is the reason for the customer to commit???

This has to change.

#COGECOSCAM
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
18965 posts
21778 upvotes
GTA
marymovesyou wrote: I signed up. They screwed up the install. All finally up and running last week, and today I got letter of $12 increase. They are absolutely highway robbers. They enticed me into signing up with a sweet deal and then raise the rates.

I don't understand WHY they want you to commit to 2 year contract when they have NO intention of maintaining the contract pricing. So what is the reason for the customer to commit???

This has to change.

#COGECOSCAM
They've been doing this for decades. This is why everyone hates Rogers/Cogeco/Bell/Telus.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)