• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 5:02 pm
[OP]
Aug 17, 2021
11 posts
14 upvotes

Retailer:
COHEN
Last edited by chadsterq on Aug 18th, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5196 posts
7605 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Amazing deal if these are new. But dang:
We don't ship out of Ottawa & the surrounding region yet - contact us for more information!
Apr 1, 2020
19 posts
43 upvotes
Probably should put used/refurb in the title. When searching through their site, these chairs come up under the “gently used” category.
Mar 9, 2011
531 posts
202 upvotes
Coquitlam
I have a Leap 2 and it's been my daily for years until I benched it for a Knoll Generation. Great chair for this price even if refurbed.
[OP]
Aug 17, 2021
11 posts
14 upvotes
Ah dang. Didn’t even see that. Hopefully my order doesn’t get cancelled
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50414 posts
6502 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely looks used and is refurb, look at the casters and how much wear and tear is on them. Also no warranty unless you're the original owner although sometimes you can get lucky and get warranty claims done without a receipt, just the serial # that's still got valid warranty. They do claim they have 22 to pick from so you can pick and choose which is probably the least beat up? Also should include Ottawa only in the thread title!
[OP]
Aug 17, 2021
11 posts
14 upvotes
I ordered one and it said nothing about local shipping only.

I will see if it gets cancelled or not.
[OP]
Aug 17, 2021
11 posts
14 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Says it right beside cart button.

"Local Shipping
and Local Pick-up Available!"
Said nothing when checking out...and entering shipping info...
Oct 11, 2016
537 posts
617 upvotes
Good chair, replaced my Leap V2 after using it for 5+ years for the Embody, and boy was that a huge upgrade. It's a decent chair, but try them all out before buying.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1295 posts
1728 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
This is my main computer chair and I love it. Best chair I've ever had (and I've used quite a few good ones). Though I've never tried the Embody.

This is a good price for this chair.
Nov 26, 2003
571 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
Currently using an Aeron but would definitely not hesitate to recommend a Leap V2 or an Embody as well. It just depends on your preference and comfort level, but they're all great quality chairs for WFH scenarios or otherwise.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2018
1329 posts
843 upvotes
These are most likely used. If your read their "about us" page, it says they recycle (resell) commercial office furniture to reduce waste.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6633 posts
2869 upvotes
Montreal
I bought a Leap v2 from this company back in June (with 3D knit back). They delivered to Orleans for free at the time (I think they had a free delivery promo within a certain radius). The chair is in excellent condition, there's no indication that it is used. No stains, armrests are not damaged, casters look new. Very happy with the purchase.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3743 posts
2773 upvotes
YUL/YVR
kvnn122333 wrote: I got an used refurbished Steelcase Leap V2 in black, just had it professionally cleaned w/ 2 year parts warranty I think left from a local seller.
How do you get it professionally cleaned? How much does it cost?
Jul 22, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
Definitely recommend the Steelcase Leap V2!

I bought a brand new one from POI earlier this year for $650+tax. It was surplus stock that their other customers ordered but didn't end up purchasing. The sales rep took photos of all their surplus chairs, and I picked up my chair from their warehouse. My chair was manufactured in Sept 2020 and includes the 12-year manufacturer's warranty since POI is an authorized dealer.