Automotive

Is Cold Air Intake in Winter a bad idea ?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2016 10:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10098 posts
966 upvotes
Toronto
if its on a corrolla you be fine. be just warm the car up in the winter.. and you be fine.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2621 posts
672 upvotes
Ottawa
Exhaust mods will be more rewarding.
Banned
Oct 10, 2016
758 posts
335 upvotes
Depends on what but back in 2003 I had to cut in the inner well for my rsx-s and also change the windshield washer bottle to a smaller one........The Vtec sounded sweet but being honest I gained what probably 2-3hp ........car nowadays have efficient stock airbox. You might actually lose some hp. Also when you're doing the maintenance it's easier to change the filter from the top then to play at the bottom removing inner fenders and what not. Back to your question if you already have it youll be fine...Ive never seen a car hydrolock it was our fear back in the days but it was a myth or some marketing by AEM to sell bypass valves
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6181 posts
3009 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Don't know if bad idea but wast of money imo at any time.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37426 posts
23493 upvotes
Center of Universe
Augicious wrote: If you're driving a turbo car, get one. Make sure you get a tune before you start your vehicle though. The MAF sensor is usually set to whatever the stock intake was, -and it could lead to running catastrophically lean.
Newer direct injection, force inducted vehicles uses a MAP sensor, which will eliminate excess fuel.
With that being said, an intake will be of no value either; without a tune.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22239 posts
2900 upvotes
Is the car slammed?

Where is the filter?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)