• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2018 2:41 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1562 posts
541 upvotes
Vaughan

Cold Tire Pressure

I'm trying to figure out the tire pressure for my 2019 Honda Odyssey EX. Can't seem to find it on the owner's manual but door jam says 35psi Cold Tire Pressure. Just curious what "Cold Tire Pressure" means? Does that mean that it's the tire pressure when I first start the car? The tires pressure obviously increases when you drive the car but curious if it's a problem if it goes over 35 when the car is warmed up. I.e. one of the tires is at 35 PSI when I start the car but after driving for a while on the highway, it goes up as high as 40PSI.
2 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
It's the pressure when your tires haven't been used for a few hours and hence not heated up. I always check my tires first thing in the morning before driving out every half-month/month or so.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
871 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Cold tire pressure is determined when the tires are cold. After driving let them sit for an hour or so, out of the sun and check the pressure then.
Of course the tire pressure will always increase as the car is driven and tires heat up. That's normal.
Buy a tire gauge, keep it in the car and check the tires periodically.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)