12 posts
8 upvotes

$138 or For BRISTOL™ 8 PERSON Tent Free Shipping [YMMV]

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Colemancanada
I have been shopping for an okay tent.
Seems like this one is decent for the price.
This is similar price as the previous Costco Post
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... 2193741/2/

When I went to the Coleman Website, I got price adjustment automatically from $249.99 to $212.95 and applied discount coupon BOOTSLIFE.

For the price adjustment, I was in the product page and I got a pop-up
Congratulations!
We successfully found this limited time offer for you:
C$212.95
You saved : C$37.04
This offer is valid for the next:
23:49:49

For some strange reason, the discount applied to $249.99 so I got $75 (30% of $249.99) discount on $212.95.
This may be YMMV. Not sure when the deal expires.

40 replies
Apr 2, 2016
219 posts
68 upvotes
Ordered 1 but likely cancelling after a buddy who is well-versed said

"In terms of tents, the following links are something that I imagine would work better for you. My main problem with the Coleman, like most Colemans, is that it doesn’t have a rain fly that covers the whole tent. That means that rain falls directly onto your some portion of every one of your tent walls, and you and your gear get wet. No good. So, I always opt for a full-coverage fly. The Optic 2.5 is the tent we’re taking camping today. One for the girls and one for us, plenty of room for 2 people and all of their gear, and nice and breezy for hot nights and huge views. And the link is a good price for it. Anyway, sorry that these ones are more expensive, but better than having wet gear!

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5043-670/ ... erson-Tent

https://www.altitude-sports.com/product ... hw-1545161
"
Sep 26, 2012
315 posts
94 upvotes
Thornhill
Can anyone recommend a good instant tent for beach?
Aug 31, 2014
82 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just came back from camping in Achray the other week, first time taking out our new tent and I can concur with @Searchin4deals on the full cover fly. Even though we didn't expect it to rain it did and one tent without a full rainfly got wet whereas mine did not. I can vouch for this tent, same website and they offered me a similar discount, ended up paying ~$130 tax and express shipping included.

https://www.colemancanada.ca/en_CA/rond ... ts#start=9
Apr 2, 2016
219 posts
68 upvotes
When dealing with Coleman Canada, please proceed with extreme caution.

I placed order at 3am. Got an email saying that they've received my order but it has not been shipped.

Called at 9am (30 minutes after they open), asked to cancel the order. CSR put me on a long hold. Came back, said she can't. I escalated to the manager. He also said "the order is processing so I can't cancel it." He also confirmed that it has not been shipped. I asked him to call the warehouse or use their systems to hit the "cancel" button or instruct the warehouse to cancel picking the stock and not to ship it. He was quite rude and said it's impossible. All other online orders with companies are cancellable before shipment in my experience, especially given that the item has not even been picked from their warehouse and no shipping slip/number generated.

Think Coleman is trying to push a sale for their books.

Anyhow, I also called my CC company to have them put a note on file about my interaction with Coleman Canada and that I would be disputing the charge if the item is shipped.
[OP]
May 10, 2008
12 posts
8 upvotes
I agree with your friend.
From my research, this tent does not have the highest quality but IMO, it is one of the best bang per buck.
For someone who only goes camping once or twice a year, this tent may be okay (if they don't want to spend 400+bucks for a quality 8 person tent).
Having said that, if there is heavy rain, inside will get wet.
Jun 3, 2007
338 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
superduder wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 9:25 am
Can anyone recommend a good instant tent for beach?
Costco was selling the Lightspeed Newport Beach tent discounted to $40 last week. Might still be going on.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2168 posts
1013 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Searchin4deals wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 9:05 am
Ordered 1 but likely cancelling after a buddy who is well-versed said

"In terms of tents, the following links are something that I imagine would work better for you. My main problem with the Coleman, like most Colemans, is that it doesn’t have a rain fly that covers the whole tent. That means that rain falls directly onto your some portion of every one of your tent walls, and you and your gear get wet. No good. So, I always opt for a full-coverage fly. The Optic 2.5 is the tent we’re taking camping today. One for the girls and one for us, plenty of room for 2 people and all of their gear, and nice and breezy for hot nights and huge views. And the link is a good price for it. Anyway, sorry that these ones are more expensive, but better than having wet gear!

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5043-670/ ... erson-Tent

https://www.altitude-sports.com/product ... hw-1545161
"
Coleman tents come with "dew stopper" flys.
If you buy one, make sure you bring along a tarp that will cover the whole tent. Then hope it doesn't get windy, or your tarp will be 2km away. I've seen this in provincial campgrounds many times. It's quite amusing.
Or round up some big rocks to have at the ready to hold the tarp down when a storm rolls in, because they are tough to find at 3 a.m...Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3033 posts
1121 upvotes
Toronto
Searchin4deals wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:29 am

I placed order at 3am. Got an email saying that they've received my order but it has not been shipped.

Called at 9am (30 minutes after they open), asked to cancel the order. CSR put me on a long hold. Came back, said she can't. I escalated to the manager. He also said "the order is processing so I can't cancel it." He also confirmed that it has not been shipped. I asked him to call the warehouse or use their systems to hit the "cancel" button or instruct the warehouse to cancel picking the stock and not to ship it. He was quite rude and said it's impossible. All other online orders with companies are cancellable before shipment in my experience, especially given that the item has not even been picked from their warehouse and no shipping slip/number generated.

Anyhow, I also called my CC company to have them put a note on file about my interaction with Coleman Canada and that I would be disputing the charge if the item is shipped.
Not all companies support the function of cancellation before shipment, even on their side. It depends on their inventory management system. As I know, Lancome does not support it as well.

The really bad thing is that Coleman does not offer return or exchange.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
1561 posts
404 upvotes
B.C.
Searchin4deals wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 10:29 am

I'm not at all surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if the website/ecommerce platform, call centre/support, and warehouse/shipping were contracted to three different companies either.

As sketchy as they are I'm still happy with my crazy cheap cooler I got from them!
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1239 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:22 am
Coleman tents come with "dew stopper" flys.
If you buy one, make sure you bring along a tarp that will cover the whole tent. Then hope it doesn't get windy, or your tarp will be 2km away. I've seen this in provincial campgrounds many times. It's quite amusing.
Or round up some big rocks to have at the ready to hold the tarp down when a storm rolls in, because they are tough to find at 3 a.m...Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Coleman tents are cheap tents and good for dry weather.

you will need a tarp and proper setup to keep the tent dry. You are looking at 3x the price for a good quality all weather 8 person tent at more "professional" stores.

I am cheap and have been using a 6person coleman tent for the past 5 years. been thru Rain and Wind and even snow. its still working and holding up well. But a tarp and ropes will always be needed as part of this tent.
Apr 2, 2016
219 posts
68 upvotes
9613019 wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:41 am
Not all companies support the function of cancellation before shipment, even on their side. It depends on their inventory management system. As I know, Lancome does not support it as well.

The really bad thing is that Coleman does not offer return or exchange.
Good to know that "Coleman does not offer return or exchange".

Update: After writing into their web-form (stating I would write to their executive office) and emailing customer service following my very long phone call, along with a potential vendor charge back from the credit card company, they cancelled the order.

(Also note, Coleman proposed a solution that I decline accepting the shipment on delivery at my door step and that the item would be returned to Coleman with money being refunded - however, that sounds sketchy as the delivery person could just leave it on my doorstep/lawn and therefore, no refund would be issued. Sounded like a setup, hence my proactive approach in making sure they did not ship the item in the first place.)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6072 posts
976 upvotes
Costco had the 8 person tent with a full fly.
$160 for it.
Looks almost the same as op but full fly and enclosed vestibule
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2970 posts
1063 upvotes
Vancouver
Growingupisold wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 9:48 am
Just came back from camping in Achray the other week, first time taking out our new tent and I can concur with @Searchin4deals on the full cover fly. Even though we didn't expect it to rain it did and one tent without a full rainfly got wet whereas mine did not. I can vouch for this tent, same website and they offered me a similar discount, ended up paying ~$130 tax and express shipping included.

https://www.colemancanada.ca/en_CA/rond ... ts#start=9
I just got it for $92.9 (with free standard shipping), following the same steps OP did for his :D