Computers & Electronics

Comfortable Bluetooth Headset/Headphones with decent mic?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2022 8:02 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
1075 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto

Comfortable Bluetooth Headset/Headphones with decent mic?

I am looking for comfortable Bluetooth headset/headphones with decent sound quality and a good mic.

I am usually on calls almost all day and find earbuds uncomfortable for extended usage.

Any suggestions for a set with a 7-8 hr talk time?
10 replies
Oct 18, 2019
67 posts
65 upvotes
No idea what your budget is but all-day comfort and mic quality were my top considerations.

I used a Jabra Evolve 65 for 12months (company equipment) and based on that experience bought a Jabra Evolve 75 and used it for 2.5 years until the mic died last month.

Just bought a Jabra Evolve2 65. This one is more comfortable than the previous generation, battery lasts longer, and mic is almost as good as the one on the 75.

I have also been recommended a Logitech Zone but I felt the mic on the Jabra was better and I didn't like way the Logitech folds up/charges.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1495 posts
334 upvotes
I am using my noise-cancelling Sony MDR-1000X purchased many years ago, and they are quite comfortable to wear although I never had to wear it for 7-8 hours per day. It is an older model and I believe the current model is Sony WH1000XM4.
Wait until you have kids😂
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3503 posts
990 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
This is too low end for your needs but i'll post it anyway just incase others find your thread. The Logitech H800 ($100 MRSP) sounds great and works great when you use their included wireless dongle. But when you switch modes to use bluetooth it sounds fine to me but everyone else says i sound terrible. Avoid this one.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
3251 posts
1372 upvotes
Kevinck wrote: This is too low end for your needs but i'll post it anyway just incase others find your thread. The Logitech H800 ($100 MRSP) sounds great and works great when you use their included wireless dongle. But when you switch modes to use bluetooth it sounds fine to me but everyone else says i sound terrible. Avoid this one.
This is a limitation of bluetooth. Not that particular headset. When using a mic with bluetooth you'll only get a low bitrate mono audio codec.
Sep 6, 2021
4 posts
3 upvotes
Owned a Steelseries Arctis 3 for almost a year. Ear cushions are very soft and comfortable to wear even for long period of time. Mic is decent too.
Feb 25, 2014
124 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
jamiewillis wrote: Owned a Steelseries Arctis 3 for almost a year. Ear cushions are very soft and comfortable to wear even for long period of time. Mic is decent too.
+1 for the Arctis 3
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3907 posts
2827 upvotes
Calgary
I just ordered a Jabra Elite 85h. Here's a review with a mic demo with supposedly heavy music in the background. I said supposedly cos the active noise suppression is almost too good to believe!

Lots of reviews online but ofcos take it for what it is so its always a YMMV. Won't be as comfy as a Bose QC35 II but then nothing is. You have a day+ left so if you hurry, you can still snag it at a pretty hot deal for $157 with a rakuten 3% on top. I wouldn't buy it at retail but this deal, I pulled the trigger.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1985 posts
140 upvotes
Vaughan
Out of these 4 wireless headsets, which one has the best mic, which one has the best audio for music and movies and which one is the most comfortable to wear for long periods of time?
  1. Jabra Evolve 65
  2. Jabra Evolve2 65
  3. Jabra Evolve 75
  4. Jabra Evolve2 75
Trying to find the best value for money.
Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1985 posts
140 upvotes
Vaughan
Jabra Evolve2 is not yet available on Amazon for reasonable money to try but based on my experience with Evolve2 65 it should be an amazing headset.
Evolve2 sounds amazing both for calls and music, could be a bit tight pressing on your ears.
Evolve 75 is great but I got a bad unit and had to return it, sounds almost as good as Evolve2 65.
Using Evolve 65 right now but will eventually upgrade it to Evolve 2.

Bottom line, given a choice take Evolve2 over Evolve.
Nov 30, 2015
639 posts
756 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Hesitant to start my own thread when there are plenty of experts in here: We are expecting a new addition to the family in a month and my office is being promoted to baby room. I am considering moving my office to the utility room. The furnace and air exchanger are not too loud, but the water heater has a power vent that is a bit noisy. I am going over the costs to divide the room and do some modest soundproofing and it is making me feel like I could probably afford a really nice headset for a fraction of the price.

I spend half my day on the phone wearing a lower end plantronics headset. I see a lot of headphones featuring noise cancelling and some headsets featuring noise cancelling microphones but I want one that does both well. I’m looking deeper into some of these of course, but are the Jabra ones posted above the whole package?