Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

- DC/Marvel Comic Event Sale - Digital Comics

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2015 12:57 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2008
51 posts
52 upvotes

- DC/Marvel Comic Event Sale - Digital Comics

Deal Link:
Savings:
80%
Expiry:
July 13, 2015
Comixology is having a Sale on DC collections. Save up to 80%. Looks like there are some pretty good titles.

Batman RIP - $4.99
Identity Crisis $4.99
Superman: Doomed $4.99

There are a bunch more all for $4.99

Marvel Now has Collections Up to 75% off as well

Marvel Event

Google Play is also have a Comic Con Sale ( Thanks Linux2k)

Google Play Sale

Thanks
21 replies
Aug 27, 2008
48 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Was excited until I read that this is for EBOOKS only. I'd post that in your title.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1145 posts
283 upvotes
Some good stuff there for those who haven't read some of those big arcs. I picked up the Doomed collection - $5 for 500 pages of new 52 Superman is pretty good. Now if only DC would put out an all you can read app...
[OP]
Aug 10, 2008
51 posts
52 upvotes
kor9000 wrote: Was excited until I read that this is for EBOOKS only. I'd post that in your title.
comiXology only sells Digital Comics.... Didn't think it was necessary
Aug 20, 2009
889 posts
119 upvotes
Many of these titles are also on sale on Google Play.
Warning: Hereinabove may contain traces of irony and/or sarcasm!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7364 posts
4426 upvotes
linux2k wrote: Many of these titles are also on sale on Google Play.
Thanks. Just bought Doomed on Google Play since I had some credits left over.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1145 posts
283 upvotes
domo325 wrote: Thanks. Just bought Doomed on Google Play since I had some credits left over.
What's the reading experience like on Google Play? Does it read it through Newstand? I've used that for magazines a lot (and I love it) but never for comic books - how would you compare it to other comic reading apps (Comixology, ComicRack, Marvel Unlimited, etc.)
[OP]
Aug 10, 2008
51 posts
52 upvotes
dementia13 wrote: What's the reading experience like on Google Play? Does it read it through Newstand? I've used that for magazines a lot (and I love it) but never for comic books - how would you compare it to other comic reading apps (Comixology, ComicRack, Marvel Unlimited, etc.)
You read it through the Play Books App. I haven't done it in a while, but from what I remember it works fairly well. Doesn't have all the features you would get from a dedicated Comic app but defiantly readable
May 30, 2015
309 posts
95 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
You should mention in your post or title that it's eBooks. I was ready to buy because I thought it was a actual comic..not interested in ebooks..that's just me though maybe.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2008
51 posts
52 upvotes
1barterer wrote: You should mention in your post or title that it's eBooks. I was ready to buy because I thought it was a actual comic..not interested in ebooks..that's just me though maybe.
comiXology only sells Digital Comics.... Didn't think it was necessary
Oct 18, 2005
561 posts
95 upvotes
Thornhill
Thanks OP.
I was excited until I realized EBOOKS contain words. Please post that you need to be literate :)
[OP]
Aug 10, 2008
51 posts
52 upvotes
Marvel Now has 75% collection sale.... added to OP
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2003
2366 posts
398 upvotes
Edmonton
domo325 wrote: Thanks. Just bought Doomed on Google Play since I had some credits left over.
It's only $3.97 on Google Play as well.
Definition: Than
A conjunction used to introduce the second element of an unequal comparison: She had better grammar than I.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17908 posts
925 upvotes
Wish Marvel did the DRM free stuff. I would 100% get this but I hate the idea of digital goods disappearing on me if comixology went belly up.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7364 posts
4426 upvotes
dementia13 wrote: Some good stuff there for those who haven't read some of those big arcs. I picked up the Doomed collection - $5 for 500 pages of new 52 Superman is pretty good. Now if only DC would put out an all you can read app...
Hey, just wondering if there are any other comics worth picking up?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1145 posts
283 upvotes
domo325 wrote: Hey, just wondering if there are any other comics worth picking up?
From the DC sale? Pretty much every one of those collections can be said to be vital in terms of its significance in the overall DCU and DC history. If you're a DC fan and you haven't read anything there, then get it.

If you're asking in terms of pure objective quality, I'd say the best are the Batman Knightfall set (although it's very long), Infinite Crisis (Geoff Johns is a great big event writer IMO) and the Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night (best read as a combo).
Mar 6, 2008
869 posts
353 upvotes
Kelowna
Any comments from people on android vs iOS and the apps? My collection is fragmented as hell between ComicXology, iBooks, IDW and even the Kindle app for iOS.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1471 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
Logun wrote: Any comments from people on android vs iOS and the apps? My collection is fragmented as hell between ComicXology, iBooks, IDW and even the Kindle app for iOS.
I'm new to digital comics so I'm wondering also. Should I buy through comixology or Google play?
Mar 2, 2011
423 posts
106 upvotes
Mississauga
renegadez wrote: I'm new to digital comics so I'm wondering also. Should I buy through comixology or Google play?
I tried both and I like the app comixology better. The way it automatically brings you to each frame with style is very cool.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2008
51 posts
52 upvotes
renegadez wrote: I'm new to digital comics so I'm wondering also. Should I buy through comixology or Google play?
I agree I like the comixology app better, I only buy from Google Play if it's cheaper