None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2200 posts
823 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.

Company made an error = automatic scam lol

People need to consult the dictionary on what the word scam means.

I didn't realize in this day and age there are so many illiterate people who doesn't understand what a scam means.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16740 posts
3901 upvotes
Toronto
JKKim2983 wrote: People need to consult the dictionary on what the word scam means.

I didn't realize in this day and age there are so many illiterate people who doesn't understand what a scam means.
The error is still there, if you are talking about the Men's "Eau de toilette".
They know gosh darn well by now that there is an error.
It was never corrected on the web page.
Scam is scam. Period.
Simple Definition of scam:
A dishonest way to make money by deceiving people
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/scam
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
JKKim2983 wrote: People need to consult the dictionary on what the word scam means.

Yes. How about loose vs lose. There are a lot of those people too.
There are also so many people that start threads with statements like "I can't believe so many people don't know the rules of basketball" or "I can't believe so many people don't know school is out next week" Sheesh.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2587 posts
1772 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
When I worked for a large online travel wholesaler one of my jobs as a manager was to make nice with escalated cases. The word "scam" was used by pretty much every irate customer every. single. day. This was after they would write us illegible complaint letters and drop f bombs on our staff and spam on social media.

Common "escalations" were: " I can't travel because _________. I didn't buy insurance because XXXXX but your scamming me and I want my money back!!!" OR "the price went down ____ I want the refund and your terms and conditions are a scam!"
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
4050 posts
1994 upvotes

People need to consult the dictionary on what the word illiterate means.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13544 posts
2337 upvotes
City of Vancouver
"Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined by the American Psychiatric Association as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking emotions, usually beginning in early adulthood, including inappropriately seductive behavior and an excessive need for approval. Histrionic people are lively, dramatic, vivacious, enthusiastic, and flirtatious. HPD affects four times as many women as men. It has a prevalence of 2–3% in the general population and 10–15% in inpatient and outpatient mental health institutions.

HPD lies in the dramatic cluster of personality disorders. People with HPD have a high need for attention, make loud and inappropriate appearances, exaggerate their behaviors and emotions, and crave stimulation. They may exhibit sexually provocative behavior, express strong emotions with an impressionistic style, and can be easily influenced by others. Associated features include egocentrism, self-indulgence, continuous longing for appreciation, and persistent manipulative behavior to achieve their own needs
" Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrioni ... y_disorder

The fact that the original thread was over a cologne product only further fuels the theory, LOL! j/k

When that particular retailer had an inaccurate product description of a "silk" dress (actually polyester, not silk) on their website one time, I did not assume they were scamming. Rather, I thought they were "negligent". "Scam" indicates a criminal intent to deceive.