Real Estate

Compare floor plan to initial build- is the layout flipped?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2020 5:01 pm
[OP]
Dec 19, 2010
663 posts
176 upvotes

Compare floor plan to initial build- is the layout flipped?

We booked a new build and the builder has just started developing. Can you tell from the floor plan and the picture of the lot If the layout is the same as the floor plan (ie garage on right if facing the home) or has the builder flipped the build? Or is it too early to tell? We can see the drainage pipes and it seems they’re on the side of all the bathrooms in the floor plan but not sure. Also what are all the forms (square boxes), are these to be filled with concrete for structural support?
Images
  • 813BCCC2-1017-4195-84A7-7A823ED219BE.jpeg
  • 4A569895-9F3C-42E9-8A7C-E17FA3FE5A81.jpeg
  • BCD1F6A3-8897-4CE3-A48D-CE039E18E2E2.jpeg
11 replies
Nov 9, 2017
4 posts
3 upvotes
The floor plans are for visual purchases only and can be built in reverse depending on how your lot is “paired”.

The form boxes are probably footings for posts is my guess.
Jan 30, 2017
609 posts
41 upvotes
The garage shows that it will be built in reverse to your layout
Oct 21, 2013
232 posts
81 upvotes
waterloo, on
Can i ask how much did that cost you ?
Royal LePage Realtor
Serving Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge/Elmira/Guelph and surrounding cities
[OP]
Dec 19, 2010
663 posts
176 upvotes
Too much lol $1.55 with finished basement (Oakville) but we like it and it’s a primary home so affordability was more a consideration than short term price appreciation although comparable resale in the area are going for more.

Here’s an updated picture. Lot is definitely a mirror image of the floor plan, you can see the garage and front porch layout. Oh well, always a crap shoot.
Images
  • 32D454F5-847D-4D1C-8261-4832E0BC58F3.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3067 posts
368 upvotes
GTA
I like the floor plan OP, will be very nice once done.
Jul 15, 2019
233 posts
152 upvotes
Your layout is certainly reversed... did they not show you a community site plan? It usually shows the layout of the home for each lot in the subdivision. When signing your purchase agreement, there is a section that states they showed it to you, and you sign.
Banned
Apr 14, 2020
172 posts
200 upvotes
Nice house OP..I like more open concept homes with large kitchen islands, but overall, looks great. The upstairs looks awesome....walk in closet is massive lol.
Mar 15, 2012
37 posts
13 upvotes
TORONTO
Very nice home! Theres always something I would change about a builder’s design but this is pretty good!
[OP]
Dec 19, 2010
663 posts
176 upvotes
The_Professor wrote: I like the floor plan OP, will be very nice once done.
JayLove06 wrote: I agree. Very nice home.
Thanks, it was a tough decision booking as they didn’t have any models so we had only the floor plan to go by. Let’s see how it turns out when done!
turtle12 wrote: What builder did you go with op?
Remington Homes
freeman93 wrote: Your layout is certainly reversed... did they not show you a community site plan? It usually shows the layout of the home for each lot in the subdivision. When signing your purchase agreement, there is a section that states they showed it to you, and you sign.
I looked through the paperwork and they basically have the same layout as the floor plan and simply crossed out the elevations that didn’t apply to us. From the on the ground construction and feedback here it’s clear that it is being built as a mirror image of the floor plan.
Lavafinder24 wrote: Nice house OP..I like more open concept homes with large kitchen islands, but overall, looks great. The upstairs looks awesome....walk in closet is massive lol.
jriggz wrote: Very nice home! Theres always something I would change about a builder’s design but this is pretty good!
We will be changing the kitchen to eliminate the peninsula and instead add a 3x6 island in the middle. It’ll be a bit tight but enough to get 36” each side. We would’ve liked a separate dining room from the living room. The nice thing is we will get 10’ ceilings on the main floor and 9’ on second so hopefully that will give it that open feeling.

The builder claims they’ll be done by end November closing date, they’ll have to work fast through the summer!