Shopping Discussion

Complaint about Bell... Who do I call to get stuff done?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2009 9:30 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 30, 2009
826 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto

Complaint about Bell... Who do I call to get stuff done?

I looked at my Bell business phone bill today and I called them to ask what some of the charges meant. It turns out they have been charging me $89 a month for over a decade for dial up internet access (56k). Then they had the nerve to tell me that it was a very good price :mad: They also had several other charges on there that they said I agreed to even though I never spoke to anyone about them. The CSR could not answer my questions and it was a hell of time trying to get a manager who also wouldn't offer any answers as to why they were charging me so much.

What department/who do I call to get some answers about my situation? Is there a customer retention department? The manager and csr were absolutely no help at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
8 replies
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4113 upvotes
Ottawa
Not sure if you should call Bell or Hooked on phonics?

Hate to say it but if you haven't read your bill in a decade then you got what you deserved.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4275 posts
399 upvotes
GTA
go here http://www.bbb.org/
And file a complaint, explain everything as detailed as possible , maybe u can get something out of it
Cas77 wrote:
Hate to say it but if you haven't read your bill in a decade then you got what you deserved.
Its a business phone and these tend to be really complicated so not everyone checks it piece by piece like we do with our personal service.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2009
826 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Cas77 wrote: Not sure if you should call Bell or Hooked on phonics?

I had a business partner who was supposed to be taking care of paying the bills. He passed away in August and I have been trying to catch up with what he was doing :cry:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6350 posts
1015 upvotes
You're probably just talking to one of their many call centers. They don't have access to a lot of information because frankly from Bell's point of view it's not really necessary. They got your money and they're keeping it. If you want to cancel the dial up service service for the future then that's a different matter and they can help you with that. As others have suggested, after this many years of being billed, from Bell's perspective you can hardly plead ignorance.

Joke, I think from an old Herman cartoon:

Wealthy old matriarch: And what is it that you do around here Smithers?
Smithers: I walk the dog, ma'm.
Wealthy old matriarch: But the dog died 10 years ago!
Smithers: Yes, ma'm. And what would you like me to do now?
Sep 17, 2005
204 posts
3 upvotes
http://consumerist.com/2007/01/bell-can ... -info.html

found this on another forum...I myself haven't called them as I was able to resolve my issue by pushing 2 for french and I was directed to a CSR based in Canada. I have a terrible time understanding the CSR and have actually hung up on them. I find the entire set up very frusterating.

keep us posted if you use the numbers at this link
good luck
Use your head for something other than just parting your hair!!!! ;)
Sep 2, 2002
659 posts
1 upvote
AB
We had a similar issue with Telus. They had been charging us for YEARS for dial-up internet at our cabin that I don't remember EVER using. I kind of just gave up on that one, I believe they removed the last 3 months of the charges. :cry:
SIZZLIN'!!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3356 posts
68 upvotes
Chuck Norris!
Consider Bell already has rep for stuff like these, we should have forum that is dedicated just about complains about BELL. =)
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
120 upvotes
Crappymonkey wrote: I had a business partner who was supposed to be taking care of paying the bills. He passed away in August and I have been trying to catch up with what he was doing :cry:
If your partner was taking care of the bills, you can't exactly claim that no one talked to them in regards to the other charges. If your partner was taking care of the bills and you weren't looking at them, perhaps your partner authorized the charges.