Computers & Electronics

Computer parts manufacturers with RMA depot in Canada?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 11:20 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
30471 posts
1463 upvotes
Fernando Po

Computer parts manufacturers with RMA depot in Canada?

Having to send back some Crucial RAM to the States with the risk of brokerage and taxes at this end (and the cost with insurance almost as much as the ram so I'm forgoing insurance). Next time around I want to avoid shipping to the states, which manufacturers have RMA depots in Canada?

Update: $16 brokerage and duty. See my comment below.
Last edited by hagbard on Jun 13th, 2018 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
China (and WHO) lied and people died.
56 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
6798 posts
5677 upvotes
North York
When my intel cpu died, I had to ship to Kentucky for RMA, shipping costs was $45 with all these declared value, etc.. bitter! It was just a few months ago.
So when a friend of mine started RMA for his Intel SSD, i told him to ask them for shipping label. They indeed UPS a shipping label - instead of just emailing the label. lol
See if crucial would do it.

I heard NZXT customer service is really good even though it's in the US.

ASUS to me is a goner.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 31, 2017
5956 posts
2541 upvotes
hagbard wrote: Having to send back some Crucial RAM to the States with the risk of brokerage and taxes at this end (and the cost with insurance almost as much as the ram so I'm forgoing insurance). Next time around I want to avoid shipping to the states, which manufacturers have RMA depots in Canada?
Crucial treats Canadian customers like shit. For American customers they pay for shipping both ways. Once they hear you're from Canada it's only 1 way they pay shipping for.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2004
1872 posts
890 upvotes
London
Kingston lets u use there fedex account to pay for 2 day shipping to there warehouse in the us then they ship u a replacement by 2 day shipping back never been charged any fees because they fill out the customs papers the right way so fees aren't charged on warranty replacement.

logitech and intel use ups also never get charged any fees from them they also provide pre paid labels.

asus seagate, western digital and antec are 3 that do have warehouses in canada but they make u pay for shipping.

Noctua and nzxt. Noctua ships from overseas and nzxt from usa but i know Noctua they will just ask for your invoice and ask u to send a pick of the item destroyed. i believe nzxt does this also if your from canada.
Last edited by aaron158 on May 15th, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
30471 posts
1463 upvotes
Fernando Po
aaron158 wrote: Kingston lets u use there fedex account to pay for 2 day shipping to there warehouse in the us then they ship u a replacement by 2 day shipping back never been charged any fees because they fill out the customs papers the right way so fees aren't charged on warranty replacement.

logitech and intel use ups also never get charged any fees from them they also provide pre paid labels.

asus seagate, western digital and antec are 3 that do have warehouses in canada but they make u pay for shipping.

Noctua and nzxt. Noctua ships from overseas and Noctua from usa but i know Noctua they will just ask for your invoice and ask u to send a pick of the item destroyed. i believe nzxt does this also if your from canada.
Now that you mention it, I recall rma to Kingston about five years ago for an SSD, they did pick up the tab both ways (send a shipping label). Guess I'll go with them in the future. Right now I need ram manufacturers who RMA in canada or pay both ways to the states.
China (and WHO) lied and people died.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2004
1872 posts
890 upvotes
London
hagbard wrote: Now that you mention it, I recall rma to Kingston about five years ago for an SSD, they did pick up the tab both ways (send a shipping label). Guess I'll go with them in the future. Right now I need ram manufacturers who RMA in canada or pay both ways to the states.
Kingston is the only one i can think of that i know for sure will pay both ways. ive heard some people can sometimes get a shipping label from corsair. but i'm not sure on that one as when i rma a water cooler with them they said no but when i needed case parts they just sent the part without needing the old part back.

i have never rmaed with Crucial before have u tried asking for a manger or posting on there facebook or twitter to ask if they would be willing to send u a pre paid label sometimes this can help.

another thing u can try if it hasn't been more then a year after u bought the ram try going into the store u bought it from sometimes they will just swap it for u or sometimes they will do the RMA for you just depends on the store and if they care about helping you out.
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
30471 posts
1463 upvotes
Fernando Po
FYI: I already sent the ram in so no point asking for a shipping label at this point.
China (and WHO) lied and people died.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1247 posts
578 upvotes
GTA
I sent ram back to gskill for $13 at Canada post to the US.
Information Security Analyst
---
Fido $15/3GB + voip.ms $1/M + 3cx PBX voip push client $0 + Google Server vps $0 = $16/Month voip solution with no battery drain.
Thread
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
30471 posts
1463 upvotes
Fernando Po
MadCanadian wrote: I sent ram back to gskill for $13 at Canada post to the US.
Was going to be $19 to Crucial. Just not going that route in the future, just manufacturers with Canadian RMA depots.
China (and WHO) lied and people died.
Sr. Member
Sep 16, 2006
898 posts
178 upvotes
Pickering
I believe Acer has an RMA place in Mississauga that also offers drop off/pickup service.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 14, 2009
15069 posts
6123 upvotes
Netgear has an RMA depot in Whitby. I am dealing with them now. You don't really need to worry about it though because they pay for shipping both ways and they offer next day service. Let me tell you, though, it was a royal pain getting them to accept my open box R8500 router for warranty service. It took multiple phone calls and a lot of patience. At one point I had to hang up on the rep I was so frustrated.
I am a Zoomer customer.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)