Shopping Discussion

Computer parts suppliers that don't use UPS?

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2020 9:20 am
[OP]
May 14, 2020
1 posts
SW Ontario

Computer parts suppliers that don't use UPS?

Forgive me if this is the wrong category. I apologize in advance if it is!

So, for the computer buffs out there, I used to use NCIX for PC parts, then they went under. Then, I switched to TigerDirect, and then they went under. Now, as far as I know, I'm stuck with Newegg. Newegg itself isn't bad, but my problem is the fact that they use UPS, and they won't ship to you using anything but. Believe me, I tried. I ordered stuff over a week ago, it's sitting at the UPS distro center in Concord, ON, and it's been there for a week now. UPS is being useless, as usual after multiple phone calls. I asked Newegg for my items to be re-shipped via Canada Post, but they won't do it. Everything I have ordered that has shipped via CP, Fedex, and Amazon has come in under a week. Even before the pandemic, I always had problems with UPS. They don't even try to deliver, and their closest pickup point is like 40 minutes from my house, and their drivers are just plain jerks sometimes.

My question is: does anyone know of a decent PC parts supplier (like any of the now defunct sites mentioned above) that DOESN'T use UPS? I don't care if it's CP, Fedex, or even Purolator. Anything but UPS... or DHL, lol.

Thanks in advance! Any advice is appreciated :)
2 replies
Nov 12, 2012
566 posts
252 upvotes
Port Moody
You could try Canada Computers, but all sales are final at the moment. That sucks!
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1001 posts
567 upvotes
London, On
Have you ever looked at Startech.com? I'm not exactly sure what they carry now, I know they got their start supplying hard to find older parts that stores didn't carry anymore, but they have expanded their warehouse by London airport several times, so I gotta think they aren't just digging up 5.25" floppy drives anymore lol.