None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2649 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary

Comwave doesn't want to cancel my account

I have been trying to cancel their service for a month now!!! Not sure what I should do but I canceled my CC because of them. Now I am still getting invoices!

There is no option of cancellation in customer service department (WTF?!!). They give me a number and sure when I phone no one answers and I get a voice system message. I kept leaving messages no call back ... and today ............ New invoice ..!

My dearest friends in RFD, I am sorry for creating a new thread about Comwave. I was thinking I am the only victim. There are like hundreds of posts in RFD are complaining of Comwave and their BS service. I should have checked these posts before I create a new thread or even before I have their service.

Happy end: I filed a complaint to BBB and found the company is phoning my home number twice and then phoned me in work. wow! Where were you all the last month? The company that has incorrect mailing address and no email!!! They offered me a great offer but sorry "Not every shiny is gold". I insisted on cancellation and hopefully that is the end!
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 16th, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
Life is life
When we all feel the power
Life is life
When we all feel the pain
Life is life
It's the feeling of the people
Life is life
It is the feeling of the land. Opus :razz:
46 replies
Dec 12, 2005
367 posts
47 upvotes
Guelph
Wow, I read a lot of terrible reviews about this company. I even remember there was a thread about someone suing Comwave that has conveniently vanished from RFD.

Stay away from this company!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 25, 2004
5655 posts
149 upvotes
New Westminster
The current terms and conditions indicate you have to give then 30 days of "formal" notice but it doesn't say what formal notice is. Their customer service webpage (http://www.comwave.net/CDN/business_customerservice.htm) indicates

"Billing and account management inquiries should be directed to the Customer Service Department during hours of operation. Customer Care & Technical Services: 1-877-I-PHONE-U"

so the order of operations should have been

a) If you want to CYA ... before you do (b) below, phone customer service and get their mailing address; send registered letter canceling service.

b) phone customer service, give them your name and account number and tell them to cancel your service. Don't let them transfer you anywhere; that isn't your problem.

c) <30 days later, disconnect and return equipment.

d) Pay final bill; ignore others till they call you.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8850 posts
5331 upvotes
FYI, cancelling your CC is not going to stop any pre-authorized transactions from coming on.

If you had no luck in cancelling this directly with them, I would be calling your CC company to open a dispute.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3661 posts
1944 upvotes
Ontario
boyoflondon wrote: FYI, cancelling your CC is not going to stop any pre-authorized transactions from coming on.

If you had no luck in cancelling this directly with them, I would be calling your CC company to open a dispute.
When my credit card was canceled a few months ago, Visa told me that I'd have to contact any companies that were previously pre-authorized and change the billing, otherwise they wouldn't be able to charge.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2649 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
TCWeasel wrote: When my credit card was canceled a few months ago, Visa told me that I'd have to contact any companies that were previously pre-authorized and change the billing, otherwise they wouldn't be able to charge.
This is correct. I canceled my CC and they're not able to charge me but they're still issuing invoices.
Life is life
Life is life
Life is life
Life is life
Deal Fanatic
Feb 25, 2004
5655 posts
149 upvotes
New Westminster
So what did they say when you tried my option (a) phone custom service and get their mailing address?

Did you try phoning their exeuctive offices (http://www.comwave.net/CDN/company_contacts.htm) ... 1-866 288-5779

or from http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=58541
Comwave Communications Inc.
61 Wildcat Rd.
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M3J-2P5
Tel (416) 663-9700
www.comwave.net
[email protected] net

The one above links a now deleted RFD post about a guy who sued comwave and apparently won ... edit: here is the google cached page 2 with contact info from krullcat (http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:csF ... =firefox-a)

Otherwise ignore them until they contact you by phone or
let it hit collections, ignore until if/when it hits your credit report; then dispute.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2005
2649 posts
141 upvotes
Calgary
CheapScotsman wrote: So what did they say when you tried my option (a) phone custom service and get their mailing address?

Did you try phoning their exeuctive offices (http://www.comwave.net/CDN/company_contacts.htm) ... 1-866 288-5779

or from http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=58541
Comwave Communications Inc.
61 Wildcat Rd.
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M3J-2P5
Tel (416) 663-9700
www.comwave.net
[email protected] net

The one above links a now deleted RFD post about a guy who sued comwave and apparently won ... edit: here is the google cached page 2 with contact info from krullcat (http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:csF ... =firefox-a)

Otherwise ignore them until they contact you by phone or
let it hit collections, ignore until if/when it hits your credit report; then dispute.
Thanks CheapScotsman. Finally they contacted me after I complained to BBB.
Life is life
Life is life
Life is life
Life is life
Feb 20, 2009
333 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow, I have never had any problems with Comwave, I have been with them 2 years and have canceled once and then went back with them, made changed etc numerous times and always had helpful service. Guess I was lucky :)
"The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."
- Aristotle Onassis
Nov 2, 2009
1 posts
4 upvotes
I was a Comwave customer for close to 3 years. The call quality sucked, it dropped calls and about 20% of the time I couldn't even get a dial tone. ...But it was cheap. You get what you pay for.
Last week I called to cancel because I got an awesome deal through Bell that I would have been stupid to turn down. I spoke to someone in Customer Service (and I use the term loosely...) on Wednesday October 28th and was told that someone from the cancellation department would call me in 2-3 business days. On the third business day, Monday Nov. 2nd, I called them again. I was told by the CSR that someone would call me in 3-5 business days.
So, using google and a bit of time I managed to get a hold of the Presidents email, the VP's email and also Customer Support email. Here's what I wrote:

Mr. Yuval Barzakay,

I have been a Comwave customer for close to 3 years now and have not had any major issues until a few days ago.
I called customer service last week, on Oct. 28, 2009 to cancel my service. I was told that I could not cancel with them, and that someone from your cancellation department would call me in 2-3 business days. Today was the 3rd business day, so I called back to customer service and was told that someone from the cancellation department would call me in 3-5 business days.
I don't have the time to be waiting for a phone call in order to cancel my service. I would just like an RA number so I can return your phone modem. When I first started your service I payed a $50 deposit on the equipment and I'm getting to the point now of not worrying about getting my deposit back, I just want the service canceled.

I have made up my mind that if I have not heard anything from either your cancellation department verifying that my service has been canceled, or a response from you telling me what I need to do in order to cancel, by the end of this business week, Friday Nov. 06, 2009, I will be contacting my bank and instructing them that you are no longer authorized to make any withdrawals from my account. Any attempts to do so will be deemed as fraud and treated as such.

Thank you,

iPhone number: ***-***-****
Cell phone: ***-***-****
Account number: *****
email: ***********

The next day, Tuesday Nov. 3rd, I received a call from Sheldon Samuals who works in the Presidents office. He apologized for me getting the run-around and assured me that my service would be canceled and sent me an email as to where I could return the modem.

So, for anyone else who is having problems canceling with Comwave here's the email addresses that I used.

President - [email protected]
VP - [email protected]
Customer Support - [email protected]

Also, Sheldon's direct line - 1-866-886-7030 ext. 349

Hopefully someone will find this helpful.

Cheers,

D.
Dec 19, 2009
1 posts
1 upvote
I am having the same problem .. I am extremly busy these days on work and can't run after them like this , it has been two months and they haven't cancel my service and still charging me ..
to my surprise when I checked my account as they send me another invoice . I am seeing activity on my account , it seems there has been incoming calls and also that some one is recieving voice mail.
I never activated voice mail . and I am not using this acount at all.
only two voice mail showed up on my email some one left the message to call them back as they need to discuss something . well I thought it is about cancellation but now I am worried as it appeared they are allowing some one else to use my account on my money , while they are not cancelling my services.

Please let me know how to file complain in BBB I woud like to get rid of come wave as soon as possible
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
2512 posts
65 upvotes
Coquitlam
I signed up for a 1 year contract with them. 2 years and a month in I went to cancel. They said that because u did not contact them, they renewed my contract for 1 year for me. I tried everything, including a BBB complaint. Nothing I could do. I hate this company and would never give them a cent of my business ever again. I made damn sure I called them in my 1 month cancelling window on year 3.

How this company is still in business is beyond me.
Jan 6, 2010
2 posts
Thornhill, Ontario
Why on earth would anybody deal with this company even with all their commercials? Do you ALL realize this company's VOIP sevice and its flaws were directly responsible for a child's death awhile back? Comwave says it happened because the parents forgot to update their new address but even if that is true, if Comwave wants to support this technology it is their responsibility, not the customer's, to ensure mistakes like this can't happen. I think this definitely beats incorrect invoicing and bad customer service as a reason to stay far away from this company.
Feb 10, 2009
655 posts
24 upvotes
formulapace wrote: Why on earth would anybody deal with this company even with all their commercials? Do you ALL realize this company's VOIP sevice and its flaws were directly responsible for a child's death awhile back? Comwave says it happened because the parents forgot to update their new address but even if that is true, if Comwave wants to support this technology it is their responsibility, not the customer's, to ensure mistakes like this can't happen. I think this definitely beats incorrect invoicing and bad customer service as a reason to stay far away from this company.
cite please?
Banned
Feb 17, 2007
3190 posts
202 upvotes
Now I am in the process of canceling my long distance service.
Yeah, it started with waiting for 3 business days, the 3rd business day is over.
Going to call in on Monday, I know I am going to get another 3 business days extension,then another, then another.

When I called in the first time, they asked me if someone else could take over my account. I guess they will only take customer in, and won't let people leave without a replacement. They are like "water ghost" (in Chinese) producers. Trying to make all their current customers into water ghosts.
Mar 9, 2011
1 posts
Toronto
Date. March 9, 2011

I hope someone will help me with comwave? I was with comwave for 3 years. Since November 2010 I faced so many problems like no dial tone. I called them and spoke to their tech. They said to unplug the phone wait few seconds or minutes and then plug the phone. I used to do for few weeks for every night at least 3 times. During the day till 6pm I am not home. Finally in November I requested to cancel. They said no problem. Still they charging me.
Two things that got me so MAD today. I just came from the police station by the way. With no help.
1. I requested to cancel the service in November, went back to BELL. They call me 3 days ago and said to transfer back to BELL they will charge me $50. I was told when I joined them no contract and when you leave no charge. The same way like BELL did. Now they said if I want to get the same number/ to hold on with my number they will charge me $50 plus tax 57. But this number original came from BELL. More so, when they called they already charged me the money.
2. Remmember I am with BELL now. I spoke to the customer service today and said I am returning the device and to pick my $50 deposit. Well, I went the address. You can get in. It is closed. I called from outside they answered. I explained I said I am here to return the device. I think the lady is reading a script. After asking me questions, she said "you just requested to cancel. So hold on to the device and call us back...." "Hello I am outside, it is raining let me come inside". Is it a true address? I looked through the glass window, no one is in there. And also I cancelled in November. I came home, called my CC and I learned they have been billing me $34. and some cents. And also the discharge fee.

I am furious. They are professional thieves. I really need advise.
HELP!!!!! They are scammers. I am wondering how many people they did that. But again how come the government is letting them to do. They are thugs!!! Please respond. And sorry I couldn't create a new thread.
Oct 4, 2011
1 posts
NORTH YORK
They have told me to wait for 10 days and when I am not available when they call, I need to wait again. They don't want to cancel the account. Really not fair. BS service.
Sep 5, 2011
8 posts
Toronto
Bharani wrote: Date. March 9, 2011

I hope someone will help me with comwave? I was with comwave for 3 years. Since November 2010 I faced so many problems like no dial tone. I called them and spoke to their tech. They said to unplug the phone wait few seconds or minutes and then plug the phone. I used to do for few weeks for every night at least 3 times. During the day till 6pm I am not home. Finally in November I requested to cancel. They said no problem. Still they charging me.
Two things that got me so MAD today. I just came from the police station by the way. With no help.
1. I requested to cancel the service in November, went back to BELL. They call me 3 days ago and said to transfer back to BELL they will charge me $50. I was told when I joined them no contract and when you leave no charge. The same way like BELL did. Now they said if I want to get the same number/ to hold on with my number they will charge me $50 plus tax 57. But this number original came from BELL. More so, when they called they already charged me the money.
2. Remmember I am with BELL now. I spoke to the customer service today and said I am returning the device and to pick my $50 deposit. Well, I went the address. You can get in. It is closed. I called from outside they answered. I explained I said I am here to return the device. I think the lady is reading a script. After asking me questions, she said "you just requested to cancel. So hold on to the device and call us back...." "Hello I am outside, it is raining let me come inside". Is it a true address? I looked through the glass window, no one is in there. And also I cancelled in November. I came home, called my CC and I learned they have been billing me $34. and some cents. And also the discharge fee.

I am furious. They are professional thieves. I really need advise.
HELP!!!!! They are scammers. I am wondering how many people they did that. But again how come the government is letting them to do. They are thugs!!! Please respond. And sorry I couldn't create a new thread.

Hi Bharani,

Sorry to hear about your negative experience. We can assure you that we didn't intend to upset you and that customer satisfaction is a top priority for us.

Have you gotten everything sorted out?