Comwave doesn't want to cancel my account

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 10:43 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 19, 2006
381 posts
106 upvotes
Wow...I was totally thinking of switching to ComWave about two weeks ago and then I bumped into this thread...

Needless to say they I won't be signing up now lol

Thank you again RFD :)
Oct 6, 2011
3 posts
MISSISSAUGA
I signe up for Comwave 2 years ago and I called them to cancel my service the other day and to my utter shock I was advised that I was ina 3 year contract. If I wanted out of the contract I would have to pay out the remaining 12 months (basically $300) and if I wanted to transfer my number from them to another carrier an additional $50. When I spoke to the customer service rep I was informed that there was a 3 month trial and after that you went into a contract. When I pushed her that I never agreed or signed up for a contract she said because I din't change the service after the first 3 months I was in a contract. When I informed her that the customer service rep I spoke to 2 years ago indicated that I only entered into a contract when I accepted the "Free" phone - which I had declined because I didn't want to be in the contract she kept going back to the 3 months things than at one point during the call she said yes, the phone was for people who weren't in a contract and if they went into a contract they got the phone....right now they are going to listen to the recording of my original call to see if the terms of the contract were clearly explained to me - my guess: they are going to come back and say the terms were expalained and understood. They better have the recording ready for me to listen!

MY WORD OF ADVICE & WARNING STAY AWAY FROM COMWAVE!!!!!
Feb 14, 2007
19 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I was a customer for the last 5 years. On numerous occasions I tried to get them to remove the super save from my account. Yes it is only $3 but represents 20% of my bill. I have called them at least 5 times over the past few years fro them to correct that. Also I have had numerous voice quality problems and well as no dial tone. I will call them to cancel my account tomorrow and if I get the run around I will cancel my CC and pay the last Bill.
Apr 5, 2008
45 posts
1 upvote
I had a pretty similar experience to Manjeet. Last year i called and specifically asked a no contract deal for $20 per month and it was well understood by rep. Then after 4 months i asked to cancel my service and I was told i was on contract since thats how they initially set me up and it was my responsibility to call and cancel within 3 months and it was in fine-prints of invoice email too. I did not look at it closely since i was given 3 months free and invoice basically said no charge.
I tried many times to call and explain and asked them to check the recording of my initial discussion but of no use. There is absolutely no credibility in this company. They told me that I agreed on 3 years contract when i clearly mentioned and confirmed at least 3 times that i don't want a contract as i do not want to be bound by the company i had never tried.
After loosing my hair in frustration i decided to treat my monthly charges as Charity to these cheats and their kids.

My advise is to please stay away from this company for any service, they will absolutely rip you off.

There was an article in Toronto star last year about Comwave rip offs as well. here is the link

http://www.thestar.com/article/897534-- ... fine-print
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3885 posts
1131 upvotes
Calgary
I am going through the same problem. I thought I had cancelled this but they are still sending me invoices.
Horrible company, stay away!
Dec 13, 2011
2 posts
SCARBOROUGH
When I signed up for Comwave service nearly two years ago, I had specifically told the agent that I do not want to have contract. He said okay and as per their advertisement, I got three months free service, and thereafter $ 14.95 per month. However, when I went online to see my account, I noticed that I was signed up for 3 years. I had to send them email saying I did not accept 3-year term. An agent called me to inform that if I don't want to commit for 3 year term, then I will be paying $ 19.95 per month, which I accepted. Since I did not accept the 3 year term, they charged me for the free service of 3 months they offered me earlier @ $ 19.95.

Now I have canceled their service and returned the box nearly 2 weeks ago but they say that they still did not receive the box. I strongly feel that this is just the game they play not to pay for returned box.
Jan 2, 2012
1 posts
Toronto
Comwave I cancelled my new service because from the beginning their customer care centre was unable to provide proper info, they took my deposit and oayment for equipment but did not send it and now more than 60 days later I am still arguing with them about gettting my refund. Each call there have been four; they advise it will only take 2-5 working days. ,that was the original explanation then it jumped to 30 days for a bank to post a refund to a client. New customers beware.
Mar 13, 2012
1 posts
EDMONTON
Please be advice Do not sign up with Comwave they charge for drop calls and no calls at all.
Jun 1, 2012
1 posts
MISSISSAUGA
I've also had a very bad experience with Comwave and my advice to everyone is avoid them completely. They employ people that are willing to lie and play with words just to get some of your money to their own bank account. They really advertise a free 6 months free trial, as stated in previous review, the first 3 you are able to cancel service without questions, they say. Guess what? They charged me over $ 70 and there is nothing I can do about it.
Mine phone connection was not that bad, bigger problem was that their system was not compatible with my alarm system so I would have to buy out of my alarm contract and get another company. That would though cost me dearly. I was also not able to get phone signal to the other rooms in my house, maybe their signal is somehow weaker than of my previous provider's and wiring in my house did not comply with it. Anyhow, after 24 hours I canceled and got back to my old company.
My 24 hours with them cost me two times shipment charges of modem to me and then back and another 60 bucks in 'fees'. When I argued with their representative and two supervisors that everything should be free for three months. Did not I, after all, specifically asked at least five time about about any extra charges before I sign up and repeatedly I was assured that there are none. Now these people in different department are saying: 'Yes you asked about EXTRA CHARGES but these are FEES. All conversations are on their records but really it is for nothing good to me.
Can you believe it? What a jerks? Stay away from them completely, you never know what kind of trick they are going to pull on you.
Jun 12, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
EAST YORK
tasamy wrote: Thanks CheapScotsman. Finally they contacted me after I complained to BBB.
I AM IN AGREEDMENT WITH YOUR HARDSHIP ... IAM ALSO HAVING SIMILAR ISSUES WITH THIS COMWAVE

I BOUGHT THE LITTLE PHONE BOX TO GIVE ME VOIP
I HAVE NEVER USED THIS YET I HAD DISCLOSED MY PERSONAL ILNFORMATION TO THEM
THE VOIP BOX COST ABOUT $20 CANADIAN
PAID IT AND NEVER GOT INTO THEIR SERVICES ... I CANCELLED OUT AND ACTUALLY HAD ROGERS PHONE SERVICES FOR HM

IAM TOLD THAT THIS COMWAVE I OWE 900.00
I THINK NOT !!!
I TOLD THEM UP FRONT AND RIGHT OFF THAT THEY WILL GET NOTHING OUT OF ME BECAUSE I NEVER USED THEIR SERVICES
ANYHOW ... IAM ANGERED ... BUT I KNOW IT IS USELESS
I SEE OTHERS HAVE GONE THROUGH SIMILAR INCIDENTS
IAM NOT ALONE ... GREAT !!! SO PEOPLE ... LET FIGHT BACK !!! THEY WILL CONTINUE TO SEND THEIR INVOICES
I WILL COLLECT THEM ... SET THEM ASIDE

ENJOY YOUR DAY UPON YOU AND YOURS

DAVE METAL MOFFATT TORONTO METALON METALRADIO facebook moderator ... stop by and say hi !!!
Dec 23, 2008
59 posts
3 upvotes
I need help. My dad inquired about comwave due to a recommendation. We never used the service and tried to cancel after. Comwave said that my dad called 3 months and 2 weeks after the initial inquiry and can't cancel without a fee. They said they tried calling back after my dad tried to cancel but could not reach us. We have no records of them calling or leaving a message. Now they are saying it would cost $500 to cancel which is crazy. Any advice to resolve this? I would even pay less then 100 at this point if they would leave us alone.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7396 posts
1568 upvotes
Scarborough
How is this company still in business, and how do they afford to run ads in local newspapers all the time?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
3657 posts
1134 upvotes
Montreal
Alboracer wrote: I need help. My dad inquired about comwave due to a recommendation. We never used the service and tried to cancel after. Comwave said that my dad called 3 months and 2 weeks after the initial inquiry and can't cancel without a fee. They said they tried calling back after my dad tried to cancel but could not reach us. We have no records of them calling or leaving a message. Now they are saying it would cost $500 to cancel which is crazy. Any advice to resolve this? I would even pay less then 100 at this point if they would leave us alone.
I don't get it. They charge for "inquiry"?
Jul 18, 2014
1 posts
They are still doing the same thing.
No cancellation and neglecting.
Even though their internet service does not work and they couldn't fix it comwave had been holding us back for long time.
Big mistake OMG....
Looks a good price but that is fish food
Nov 20, 2015
1 posts
I had contacted with comwave for 3 years home phone but my home phon is not working any single day every day I called for coplain but as usual do this do that reset plug out plug in it all process take 2 hour when ever I complain but look like I am paying $14 every month for nothing just hanging tha phone on the wall please guys don't make contract other wise you will cry like me if you going to cancel or brook the contract you have to pay all amounts which you count rest of month wow
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18717 posts
5657 upvotes
Toronto
^
Pretty much ANY company that tells you that you WILL be their customer for the next 3 years is a scam. Comwave has always been a good company to stay away from for that reason alone.
(They've got your money-no reason to care, and a sucker born every minute, so who cares if you are gone after the 3 years...they'll find another sucker!)
Jan 8, 2017
1 posts
I cancelled my credit card on November 2016, and they still trying to charge my credit card plus my account is just accumulating negative balance in the past 2 months. I also warn anyone who is considering in joining this company as there are hidden fee of $50 for porting your number.

Beaware!
Aug 3, 2011
1 posts
WINNIPEG
I am also having problems with ComWave. Ever since IOS11 came out for the iPhone my ComWave Mobile App has not worked. I called tech support several times only to find out how bad their tech support is I have other associates that use ComWave Mobile app for long distance and they are ALL ready to leave and find an alternative long distance provider. At this time a working version of the ComWave Mobile app is not available for iPhones using IOS11 and it doesn't appear that it will be available any time soon. If they does come us with something definitive for ios11 users in the next 72 hours I'm leaving this sinking ship.
May 9, 2018
1 posts
interestingly Comwave reads comments. i was wrongly charged extra $$$ and when i told the supervisor i would be going public, she asked me to. I need to cancel my internet contract. bad service, terrible staff and expensive. i am paying 67.16$ for 15Mbps. how do I cancel especially when the internet goes off every minute

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)