• Oct 16th, 2020 10:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
6424 posts
2016 upvotes
0 downvotes
Alboracer wrote: I need help. My dad inquired about comwave due to a recommendation. We never used the service and tried to cancel after. Comwave said that my dad called 3 months and 2 weeks after the initial inquiry and can't cancel without a fee. They said they tried calling back after my dad tried to cancel but could not reach us. We have no records of them calling or leaving a message. Now they are saying it would cost $500 to cancel which is crazy. Any advice to resolve this? I would even pay less then 100 at this point if they would leave us alone.
This is one of their tactics in getting you to sign up. When you talk to them, you tell them you are not sure a bout signing up and just want some more info sent ie pamphlets or brochures, but the agent on the line actually signs you up for the service and mails you the equipment and opens an account for you, you do not think your a customer when the package arrives, but the clock starts ticking and the window to cancel gets smaller and smaller and BAM, $500 cancellation charges for something you did not agree to. this happens often.
Hello and Welcome to Red Flag Deals!
This is my signature line, nothing special to see here now go away, lol!
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13002 posts
9929 upvotes
Edmonton
GoodFellaz wrote: This is one of their tactics in getting you to sign up. When you talk to them, you tell them you are not sure a bout signing up and just want some more info sent ie pamphlets or brochures, but the agent on the line actually signs you up for the service and mails you the equipment and opens an account for you, you do not think your a customer when the package arrives, but the clock starts ticking and the window to cancel gets smaller and smaller and BAM, $500 cancellation charges for something you did not agree to. this happens often.
Did you realize that comment was from 6 years ago?

C
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2677 posts
1235 upvotes
Toronto
CNeufeld wrote: Did you realize that comment was from 6 years ago?

C
Just reading the last few comments from this thread, the guy probably still needs help cancelling his Comwave services.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
6424 posts
2016 upvotes
0 downvotes
CNeufeld wrote: Did you realize that comment was from 6 years ago?

C
Yes i did C, and I also put into consideration that reply to an existing thread is more value than creating a new thread on the topic. whats with the taboo about replys to an older topic? thats such nonsense
Hello and Welcome to Red Flag Deals!
This is my signature line, nothing special to see here now go away, lol!
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2677 posts
1235 upvotes
Toronto
GoodFellaz wrote: Yes i did C, and I also put into consideration that reply to an existing thread is more value than creating a new thread on the topic. whats with the taboo about replys to an older topic? thats such nonsense
I didn't know people were having such issues with Comwave if you hadn't bumped this thread. Tie and Max Domi should skate over to their head office and kick some ass.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Sep 13, 2020
2 posts
I need help please. I cancelled my Comwave after speaking to an agent who told me I was no longer in a contract but now I am being charged an early cancellation fee + restocking fee. How do I get out of this? Comwave won’t stop sending me invoices!!
Sep 13, 2020
2 posts
I recently had a problem to cancel my Comwave since they had an open charge on my account for early cancellation and restocking fee. I went through this thread and saw someone who had emailed the vp of comwave and went ahead to do same. The next day I received an email that the charge was waived so for anyone who is having problems and believe they should not be charged, here are the emails addresses that still work in 2020:

President - [email protected]
VP - [email protected]

All the best.