• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2020 10:41 am
[OP]
Jan 27, 2015
37 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Concrete porch cost

Hi there, I've got a 10x4 concrete porch that is cracking and needs some TLC. It's low to the ground, only 1 step off the ground. I got a quote to basically redo it all from scratch with new concrete for $2500. Fair price?

Thanks!
Last edited by freshnoodles on Apr 18th, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 replies
May 12, 2003
371 posts
238 upvotes
GTA
Maybe a picture would help

Depends on what type of concrete you're going for.

Regular is ~$5-7 per square feet, stamped $11ish per and so forth.

Depends on the number of steps, the depth of your porch etc.
Dec 25, 2006
581 posts
433 upvotes
Winnipeg
Sounds high to me (but maybe not for Toronto). I just got a quote for 390 sq/ft of demo/remove/rebuild sidewalk @ 5" thickness for $5900.
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6612 posts
2192 upvotes
GTA
2500 is a good price to re do it all from scratch with new concrete; thats a lot of old cement to dispose of. Its high if the existing concrete is being repaired and then resurfaced.

If the old cement can be repaired Sakrete makes a great resurfacer product called Flo-coat, its about double the price of most concrete resurfacers and a bugger to work with as it sets up so quick.....great strong & durable finish though and there's pigment available to get a wide range of colours. My son works for a hardscaper as summer job and they only use this product on old porches.....think they use top & bond to repair damaged areas first.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sakret ... 1000684515

Read the reviews before trying this yourself Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1620 posts
607 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
Zamboni wrote: 2500 is a good price to re do it all from scratch with new concrete; thats a lot of old cement to dispose of. Its high if the existing concrete is being repaired and then resurfaced.

If the old cement can be repaired Sakrete makes a great resurfacer product called Flo-coat, its about double the price of most concrete resurfacers and a bugger to work with as it sets up so quick.....great strong & durable finish though and there's pigment available to get a wide range of colours. My son works for a hardscaper as summer job and they only use this product on old porches.....think they use top & bond to repair damaged areas first.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sakret ... 1000684515

Read the reviews before trying this yourself Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
This. Flo-coat is a great product. I'd recommend chipping down to the desired thickness for the repour. About 4". Then apply a bonding agent ( Sika Armatec 110 is fantastic), then use flo-coat