[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1313 posts
821 upvotes
GTA

Concrete repair help

Hello everyone,

I have a small area where my garage slab meets the garage foundation that is in need of concrete repair.

https://imgur.com/a/KVUPri9

I know I'll have to make a small form for the area under the brick.

I'm most concerned with the area under the slab as it seems to be carved out about 4 inches deep and about 6 inches wide . I'm worried if I drive my car over this, the concrete will snap off.

What is the best course of action for this? and what kind of concrete repair should I use?

Is it advisable to break the corner of the slab myself and repour the small area or can I just mix up some concrete and try to push it underneath the slab (or perhaps use a funnel and a bag like how a baker uses icing?)

I'm not completely inept but I have minimal experience working with concrete.

Thanks.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
2067 posts
2265 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same issue on my garage where the concrete meets the assualt, I was planning on getting asphalt mix and stuffing it in there good.

In a couple years I'll get the entire driveway replaced and get it fixed up good, seeing there is a change of surface material i think a lot of us have the same issue in the same place.

How old is your driveway, are you worried more about the concrete or the cavity caused by water in the concrete asphalt gap?

We both need to address the issue as it will only get worse if left unattended too long.
Youth is the gift of nature, age is a work of art.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4990 posts
827 upvotes
Calgary
Use a 2 part expanding foam
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1313 posts
821 upvotes
GTA
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: I have the same issue on my garage where the concrete meets the assualt, I was planning on getting asphalt mix and stuffing it in there good.

In a couple years I'll get the entire driveway replaced and get it fixed up good, seeing there is a change of surface material i think a lot of us have the same issue in the same place.

How old is your driveway, are you worried more about the concrete or the cavity caused by water in the concrete asphalt gap?

We both need to address the issue as it will only get worse if left unattended too long.
I'm more concerned with the exposed area under the slab. The parts where the asphalt has pulled away from the slab should be easy to deal with. Home Depot sells foam backer to fill the gap and then a goop is applied

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/m-d-bu ... 1001122610

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sika-s ... 1000684212

Last edited by smitty9999 on Aug 25th, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1313 posts
821 upvotes
GTA
Cough wrote: Use a 2 part expanding foam
Do you have a link to show me what you mean?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4990 posts
827 upvotes
Calgary
smitty9999 wrote: Do you have a link to show me what you mean?
Discussion

Amazon

Don't listen to the other crap. This is the solution. You need something that EXPANDS not just packs in.
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)