• Dec 15th, 2019 8:48 pm
[OP]
Banned
Dec 4, 2019
68 posts
7 upvotes

Condo in downtown vs. SFH in Ottawa

I am in the process of purchasing my first home. Here are some options I have:
1. Detached or semi in Niagara region/St. Catherine’s with option to rent basement apartment
2. 1 BR. Near downtown in the range of 400K and give it for rental approx. 2200, I would then continue renting
3. SFH or semi in Ottawa not sure where maybe in Orleans, occupy 2 BDR and rent either basement or do Airbnb

My job is flexible so I can be anywhere in Ontario. Also I would be using RRSP for 5% down and govt. rebate. I am single person so the max price is 400K. Which one is the best option.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
5773 posts
2936 upvotes
Thornhill
That's one heck of a comparison you're asking people to make.
Most people are not versed in more than one.

Get Realtors in each of the cities to give you the necessary information and specs on what you look in just their cities then compare the results.
Tornado32 wrote: I am in the process of purchasing my first home. Here are some options I have:
1. Detached or semi in Niagara region/St. Catherine’s with option to rent basement apartment
2. 1 BR. Near downtown in the range of 400K and give it for rental approx. 2200, I would then continue renting
3. SFH or semi in Ottawa not sure where maybe in Orleans, occupy 2 BDR and rent either basement or do Airbnb

My job is flexible so I can be anywhere in Ontario. Also I would be using RRSP for 5% down and govt. rebate. I am single person so the max price is 400K. Which one is the best option.