• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2021 9:48 am
[OP]
Jul 21, 2014
796 posts
120 upvotes
Canada

Condo HVAC Dilemma

Our HVAC system is comprised of an air handler (which contains the cooling coils) unit in our laundry room and a wall sleeve a/c unit located on the balcony flush with the wall.

Both air handler and a/c unit need replacing. With the exception of Reliance, whom I loathe, does anyone know of any company’s that offer this type of install? I am finding it very hard to find any company that does this type of thing.
7572EEEE-2619-4FC0-90EF-1E27F53FA82F.jpeg
Images
  • 75F418C5-C965-42A8-B775-59B29DF5FED9.jpeg
8 replies
Oct 19, 2020
808 posts
496 upvotes
GTA
Get the model of the air handler and see if it is a standard residential product or specialized.
If it's standard, any resi hvac contractor that deals with both hydronic and forced air should be able to do it.

Your air handler most likely has a hydronic coil fed by the water-heater.

For specialized condo stuff, https://www.hometradestandards.com/ is one that I know of, but I have no idea if they are any good.
[OP]
Jul 21, 2014
796 posts
120 upvotes
Canada
insertname2020 wrote: Get the model of the air handler and see if it is a standard residential product or specialized.
If it's standard, any resi hvac contractor that deals with both hydronic and forced air should be able to do it.

Your air handler most likely has a hydronic coil fed by the water-heater.

For specialized condo stuff, https://www.hometradestandards.com/ is one that I know of, but I have no idea if they are any good.
Thanks is for this! I checked and the manufacturer is out of Texas, however it appears Marks Supply out of Ontario provides their products. I might contact them on Tuesday & see if they can give me the contact names of installers to use.

How do I know if the handler is sta dare residential product or specialized?
Oct 19, 2020
808 posts
496 upvotes
GTA
AchtungB4by wrote: Thanks is for this! I checked and the manufacturer is out of Texas, however it appears Marks Supply out of Ontario provides their products. I might contact them on Tuesday & see if they can give me the contact names of installers to use.

Look up the model number or give it to me and I'll see what I can find.
Your a/c is definitely not a standard residential unit.
[OP]
Jul 21, 2014
796 posts
120 upvotes
Canada
insertname2020 wrote: Look up the model number or give it to me and I'll see what I can find.
Your a/c is definitely not a standard residential unit.
Images
  • E44C6423-BFC3-4A00-B291-995A9C92A1D9.jpeg
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2461 posts
448 upvotes
Kitchener
AchtungB4by wrote: Thanks is for this! I checked and the manufacturer is out of Texas, however it appears Marks Supply out of Ontario provides their products. I might contact them on Tuesday & see if they can give me the contact names of installers to use.

I've ordered from them in the past. The delay was lengthy as it was made to order. I believe it was a 6wk time frame to get it here.

Where are you located?
Tired of renting from Reliance? This might be useful reliance-home-comfort-2464779/2/#p34473179
[OP]
Jul 21, 2014
796 posts
120 upvotes
Canada
Double_J wrote: I've ordered from them in the past. The delay was lengthy as it was made to order. I believe it was a 6wk time frame to get it here.

Where are you located?
Oakville.
[OP]
Jul 21, 2014
796 posts
120 upvotes
Canada
I was able to locate the equipment needed and is available through Marks Supply. I called and was advised that most qualified HVAC installers have no issue ordering and installing equip, even if their website does not say they install certain brands - as long as they know where to obtain it they are fine.

Is that true?