• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 3:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
3034 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto

Condo HVAC filter

I am doing some cleaning, and pulled out the vent cover in my condo. I changed the filter however should I be changing this black thing? What is it and how do I change it?
Images
  • IMG_9282.jpg
  • IMG_9284.jpg
6 replies
Sr. Member
Jan 19, 2013
542 posts
323 upvotes
Ottawa
Thats just sound insulation, no need to change it.
Can vacuum the dust off of it if wanted to
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2639 posts
448 upvotes
are you actually responsible for the air filter? the reason I'm asking is because when I previously had a condo, the filter change was part of the maintenance fee, they changed it every so often
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
3034 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
1chinaman wrote: Thats just sound insulation, no need to change it.
Can vacuum the dust off of it if wanted to
Thanks! Is there replacements for sound insulation? Its really dusty.
Last edited by smartfood on Jan 27th, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
3034 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
rogerrabbit168 wrote: are you actually responsible for the air filter? the reason I'm asking is because when I previously had a condo, the filter change was part of the maintenance fee, they changed it every so often
I am responsible for changing it myself. I asked property management about air filter and they said to just pick up the filter from their office which I did and changed the filter part (the white thing in the photo, but when I took out the lid, I saw this black thing as well and wasn't sure what that was.
Sr. Member
Jan 19, 2013
542 posts
323 upvotes
Ottawa
smartfood wrote: Thanks! Is there replacements for sound insulation? Its really dusty.
Id just leave it alone, its probably glued to the panel
Dont need to replace it normally
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3531 posts
3123 upvotes
Toronto
my property management sent an email saying changing your HVAC filter every 3 to 6 months will help prevent leaks and floods. can anyone care to explain how?

Top