Condo Internet & TV deal from Bell too good to be true?
Internet has never been included. Recently I received a memo from my building saying they have struck a deal with Bell to give us TV AND fibre internet for lower then what Rogers was offering for just cable.
Basically it will work out to $40 per unit for fibre internet and tv (included in my maintenance fee) with that amount frozen for 10 years.
Does this seem too good to be true, or am I missing something?
I don't watch a lot of regular tv so I don't really care what channels are included. Has anyone else gone through something similar at their condo with Bell? Thoughts?
Below is a partial snip of the memo I received:
The long term contract that our building has with Rogers, will be expiring in August of 2021. Your board is pleased to announce that after long and arduous deliberation with Bell Canada, our building has procured an amazing agreement with Bell where the package for each unit includes:
- BOTH Internet and Cable services as part of your Maintenance fees with no increase for 10 years at $40 per unit (The Rogers contract had an increase every year. Current price for cable is $45.67 per unit)
- FREE internet services will be available for each Resident as of May 2021, as soon as the equipment is installed in each unit in the Spring of 2021.
- FREE TV services for each Resident as of August 2021
- Our Building will not be billed until December 2021
- Pure Fibre to the Suite Network Upgrade at NO COST to the residents.
Once the upgrade is installed, access to the fastest broadband speeds on the market and the “Best in class” TV experience available.
The upgrade in your suite takes approximately 15 – 20 mins per Suite and will be completed within the next few weeks. Management will give notice to each unit accordingly.