• Jul 23rd, 2018 12:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5009 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto

Condo Unit AC not working

Just wondering if anyone knows an affordable repairman that can come take a look at my AC in my condo unit. The AC stopped working all of a sudden, it is just blowing warm air and the temperature is not going down even if i set it to 20c.
HEATWARE 18-0-0 since 2006
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

IG: mkdrone_
10 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25154 posts
2330 upvotes
Markham, ON
marktang wrote: Just wondering if anyone knows an affordable repairman that can come take a look at my AC in my condo unit. The AC stopped working all of a sudden, it is just blowing warm air and the temperature is not going down even if i set it to 20c.
is this something you bought and installed yourself or is this central air condition?

if former...you might want to buy a new one...
if latter...ask your condo management
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5009 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
thelefteyeguy wrote: is this something you bought and installed yourself or is this central air condition?

if former...you might want to buy a new one...
if latter...ask your condo management
it's central AC. already talked to management. they do not cover anything inside your unit. Since the AC is working in the building, i have to get someone to come in and take a look and fix the issue.
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2328 posts
1690 upvotes
GTA
Ask the neighbours about who have they used in the past or the property management company. I'm assuming the ac unit is located within your condo and you're responsible for it.

In my experience, not a lot of people work on condo ac units. Not sure if that's because it's a tight fit in the condo, space or movement constraints or these ac units tend to be all in one (with furnace) and therefore somewhat specialized.

Also depending on the age/warranty situation, you may want to consider replacing the entire unit.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5009 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
lpin14 wrote: Ask the neighbours about who have they used in the past or the property management company. I'm assuming the ac unit is located within your condo and you're responsible for it.

In my experience, not a lot of people work on condo ac units. Not sure if that's because it's a tight fit in the condo, space or movement constraints or these ac units tend to be all in one (with furnace) and therefore somewhat specialized.
Ya the management gave me a company but i have been calling them for 2 days and they don't reply me back. So just want to see if anyone have or knows someone that can do it. my neighbors are renters so don't think they will know anything.
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3127 posts
1310 upvotes
Windsor
marktang wrote: Just wondering if anyone knows an affordable repairman that can come take a look at my AC in my condo unit. The AC stopped working all of a sudden, it is just blowing warm air and the temperature is not going down even if i set it to 20c.
Do you have the AC condenser outside of your unit? Have you ever cleaned it? Might just be a matter of blasting it with a hose.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5009 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
ChubChub wrote: Do you have the AC condenser outside of your unit? Have you ever cleaned it? Might just be a matter of blasting it with a hose.
Nope don't have that.
EBAY 38-0-0 Since 2003

Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15084 posts
11814 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I've seen these maintenance people add water to the AC Central unit every 6 months. Maybe all it needs is water.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Aug 17, 2017
1 posts
If it's a furnace and a/c combo type and the water is being poured at the bottom, that's to check if the drain is clogged or not.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2328 posts
1690 upvotes
GTA
Check out companies that are getting good reviews online and give them a call.

The one I had used a while back is not scoring high online. I went with them because no one else was willing to work on the unit.
Jan 21, 2013
916 posts
276 upvotes
in a bubble
im also looking for a one time maintenance check. i checked 2 places on line, they both want me to sign up on a monthly plan.

any suggestions, hamilton area.