• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 11:40 am
16 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1716 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up the 5400 at the Bay for $951 a month ago by signing up for the Neo credit card. First purchase gave me an instant 15% savings plus they had a weekend promo for an extra 20% on any purchase using the same card. I think the same promo is going on this weekend.
Dec 31, 2010
454 posts
506 upvotes
Montreal
jindogae wrote: I picked up the 5400 at the Bay for $951 a month ago by signing up for the Neo credit card. First purchase gave me an instant 15% savings plus they had a weekend promo for an extra 20% on any purchase using the same card. I think the same promo is going on this weekend.
How is the machine?
Jul 4, 2020
47 posts
104 upvotes
I bought this machine maybe 4-5 months ago. It's excellent. Makes many different drinks, easy to clean I am very happy I bought it. I paid 899.00. @850, it's well worth it. Take care of it and at 2-3 coffees a day it pays for itself in 2yrs.
Nov 1, 2008
786 posts
672 upvotes
Canada
I got the 3200 LatteGo for $869 last Black Friday. Wife and I use it daily. Great machine for the price. I was looking to get a 5400 at the time but it was not available in North America yet so I settled on 3200 and have no regrets so far.
==================================================
Aug 12, 2003
553 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
jindogae wrote: I picked up the 5400 at the Bay for $951 a month ago by signing up for the Neo credit card. First purchase gave me an instant 15% savings plus they had a weekend promo for an extra 20% on any purchase using the same card. I think the same promo is going on this weekend.
Isn’t there the same host of exclusions with that discount when using the credit card… or did you get lucky?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1339 posts
733 upvotes
Ottawa
Joliballs wrote: I bought this machine maybe 4-5 months ago. It's excellent. Makes many different drinks, easy to clean I am very happy I bought it. I paid 899.00. @850, it's well worth it. Take care of it and at 2-3 coffees a day it pays for itself in 2yrs.
How is it for full sized cups of coffee? I'm not big on lattes and stuff (wife is). I see there's an Americano option, how much in mL is that?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7722 posts
735 upvotes
Vancouver
Son has a 3200 Latte Go he loves it and we have a 5400 Latte Go, great machines both of them. We love the simplicity and convenience. I believe there was a deal in past for 3200 at 799 plus tax, , $850 still a decent deal if it includes some free bean and free ship
How is it for full sized cups of coffee? I'm not big on lattes and stuff (wife is). I see there's an Americano option, how much in mL is that?
The biggest coffee it will make is 280 ml, you can always add extra water but reality is 8-10oz, they don't make oversized 24oz super mugs. The 5400 we have has a travel mug drink option, it basically brews twice creating 2 pucks w ability to reduce the bean strength at initial setup. To do same on the 3200 you need to just brew a second cup. No super automatics brew 10+oz in one shot.
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1339 posts
733 upvotes
Ottawa
Cisco KId wrote: Son has a 3200 Latte Go he loves it and we have a 5400 Latte Go, great machines both of them. We love the simplicity and convenience. I believe there was a deal in past for 3200 at 799 plus tax, , $850 still a decent deal if it includes some free bean and free ship

The biggest coffee it will make is 280 ml, you can always add extra water but reality is 8-10oz, they don't make oversized 24oz super mugs. The 5400 we have has a travel mug drink option, it basically brews twice creating 2 pucks w ability to reduce the bean strength at initial setup. To do same on the 3200 you need to just brew a second cup. No super automatics brew 10+oz in one shot.
That's actually not bad, the Nespresso we have has 240 ml as the standard large option, they do have a travel mug pod but not many choices and honestly the 240 ml is enough for me during the week (weekends with kids is a different story)
Jul 4, 2020
47 posts
104 upvotes
Just hit the coffee button twice and your got yourself a travel mug full of beautiful fresh grind coffee! Love this machine!
Jul 4, 2020
47 posts
104 upvotes
Lavazza Crema E Aroma is delicious in this, as is the Columbian Zavida, both whole beans from Costco.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1716 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Cisco KId wrote: The biggest coffee it will make is 280 ml, you can always add extra water but reality is 8-10oz, they don't make oversized 24oz super mugs. The 5400 we have has a travel mug drink option, it basically brews twice creating 2 pucks w ability to reduce the bean strength at initial setup. To do same on the 3200 you need to just brew a second cup. No super automatics brew 10+oz in one shot.
Are the pucks from your machine compact and formed? The pucks from mine are often moist and crumbly/broken. And there's always so much water in the drip tray.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
3557 posts
1494 upvotes
Try setting the grinder to a finer setting.
Do you make a lot of latte/steamed milk drinks a day? The excess moisture has to go somewhere.
When we're done we usually pop a small glass onto the drip tray, so that when it shuts down or starts up the next time, the water from the rinse cycle gets caught there. This also double to help tell you when you might want to do the tablet degreasing if it's always darker brown water coming out (even on startup).

jindogae wrote: Are the pucks from your machine compact and formed? The pucks from mine are often moist and crumbly/broken. And there's always so much water in the drip tray.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7722 posts
735 upvotes
Vancouver
jindogae wrote: Are the pucks from your machine compact and formed? The pucks from mine are often moist and crumbly/broken. And there's always so much water in the drip tray.
Initially they were mushy, however I knew that it will take some time before the machine breaks in, it is mentioned in manual and many say it will take 200 cups. Now the pucks are solid and dry over all, I can remove them in whole. I just pull my drip tray daily, water is to be expected that is not a big deal as it pre and post rinses after each cup brewed. Both are excellent machines
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Jul 4, 2020
47 posts
104 upvotes
Yes my picks are usually formed. I think it depends on the drink your making too.... I read that after many cups the pucks will form much better.
Feb 28, 2011
711 posts
1703 upvotes
ottawa
Joliballs wrote: Yes my picks are usually formed. I think it depends on the drink your making too.... I read that after many cups the pucks will form much better.
One of the reasons is low pressure in the brew group. Sometimes gaskets are not seated well or, worn. Just make sure gaskets don’t have grinds under and well seat. When machine is new then, it just a matter of break in
Again, brew group should always be lubricated, cleaned and gaskets replaced every couple of years.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1716 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Cisco KId wrote: Initially they were mushy, however I knew that it will take some time before the machine breaks in, it is mentioned in manual and many say it will take 200 cups. Now the pucks are solid and dry over all, I can remove them in whole. I just pull my drip tray daily, water is to be expected that is not a big deal as it pre and post rinses after each cup brewed. Both are excellent machines
gena_mak wrote: One of the reasons is low pressure in the brew group. Sometimes gaskets are not seated well or, worn. Just make sure gaskets don’t have grinds under and well seat. When machine is new then, it just a matter of break in
Again, brew group should always be lubricated, cleaned and gaskets replaced every couple of years.
Thanks. This is my second super automatic but I don't remember so much water accumulating in the drip tray. I have a cup to catch the water when we start it up and turn it off yet there is still LOTS of water that accumulate in the drip tray.