• Oct 30th, 2020 3:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4417 posts
1380 upvotes
Toronto
quicksilver7 wrote: Maybe its time I buy Control for my Xbox one X and see what its all about. Looks pretty good on youtube and you guys have mentioned it a few times. I know it has hit $30-$35 in the past.
If you can wait, the Control Ultimate Edition is coming out soon, and that's the only version that has forward compatibility to next gen. It includes all DLC and is retailing for $40 USD in September.

It was actually a controversial move on 505 Games' part to only give this version the forward compatibility. Even those who bought the expensive Deluxe version of the game at launch won't have a free upgrade to next gen...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7959 posts
4576 upvotes
Toronto
azndoughboi wrote: Nintendo Direct suddenly dropped.
more lazy ports of decade old games being resold at full price what else is new. They couldn't even be bothered to include Galaxy 2 or update the visuals on any of the previous games so you'd literally get a better more modern experience playing these on an emulator.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5386 posts
1029 upvotes
calgary
I finished Battletoads last night... I actually quite enjoyed it for the most part.

The combat was super fun and had tons of variety and I did enjoy the variety in gameplay which was a nice tribute to the original.
I will say it is a bit disjointed and It kind of takes a weird turn after act 2 though, as they basically teach the beat-em-up style levels for some lengthy top down shooter levels and some downright bad/boring platforming levels that don't really jive with the rest of the game.
Im still not sure if I was in love with the whole Disney XD Cartoon Artstyle but my kids loved it and it seemed to fit the series well (the writing is actually alright, I had a few laughs during various moments of the game).

Anyways I'd recommend checking it out, especially if you have someone to play on the couch with you.

I've kind of made it a point to finish off some of these games that I've started but havent finished because another game came up so next up is the Tourist and I plan to give SpiritFarer a shot as well before diving back into Wasteland 3.

We almost need a dedicated thread for these gamepass games.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1899 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
I pre-ordered Super Mario 3D All Stars for the nostalgia and novelty. Though, I'm a little concerned about outdated controls on Super Mario Sunshine.

I will skip Super Mario 3D World remake when it comes out next February. IMO, the most forgettable of all 3D Mario games.

I wonder if Nintendo will have any other First Party offerings this holiday season other than this and Pikmin 3 Deluxe.
Jan 22, 2017
393 posts
1299 upvotes
Nintendo using artificial scarcity again to sell this 3D Mario compilation saying the physical version/digital is limited until the end of March.
And no doubt it will be work and compilation will sell like crazy.
The ports are lazy too The Nintendo DS version of Mario 64 had more to offer!
I'll be passing i'm this one so tired of Nintendo.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2179 posts
884 upvotes
Montreal, QC
man. i was all up for some Tony Hawk today. found it cheaper on cdkeys but turns out, the game is geo locked. can't redeem the US version in Canada Neutral Face
why is Activision such ass?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4615 posts
1704 upvotes
Ajax
ReeGee wrote: more lazy ports of decade old games being resold at full price what else is new. They couldn't even be bothered to include Galaxy 2 or update the visuals on any of the previous games so you'd literally get a better more modern experience playing these on an emulator.
For this is why I have pretty much put Nintendo into a distant third when it comes to console usage. But they will send millions to the new kiddos. Wake me up when we have a 4K HDR 60fps brand new Mario game or new Nintendo IP.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
6666 posts
949 upvotes
Ottawa
ReeGee wrote: more lazy ports of decade old games being resold at full price what else is new. They couldn't even be bothered to include Galaxy 2 or update the visuals on any of the previous games so you'd literally get a better more modern experience playing these on an emulator.
I would have preferred if they sold them individually, so that people could buy the ones they need (for example, I already have 64 (Virtual Console) and Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 for the Wii.
Mar 17, 2006
686 posts
145 upvotes
Markham
New Zelda game this year. Sadly, not BotW 2. But at least we get a small update on it.

Aug 20, 2009
7894 posts
2744 upvotes
Grimsby
You got me all excited there for a minute :(

Probably another 2-3 years before we'll see another mainline Zelda game but I guess that's fine, there's been plenty of quality Switch stuff keeping me occupied in the meantime.

In other news I platinum'd Ghost of Tsushima and outside of the farms, I totally enjoyed doing so. Definitely one of my games of the generation. There's no real new ideas outside of the wind guidance mechanic but it executes everything so well that you don't care. They nailed the movie samurai feel and the flow of combat is fantastic. The load times in the game are incredibly short which was something I appreciated as well. The Witcher style investigation in most quests got old quickly and that's something I hope games stop imitating so much. Yep yep footprints, blood, follow the trail, etc we get it.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1767 posts
2617 upvotes
Redmask wrote: You got me all excited there for a minute :(

Probably another 2-3 years before we'll see another mainline Zelda game but I guess that's fine, there's been plenty of quality Switch stuff keeping me occupied in the meantime.

In other news I platinum'd Ghost of Tsushima and outside of the farms, I totally enjoyed doing so. Definitely one of my games of the generation. There's no real new ideas outside of the wind guidance mechanic but it executes everything so well that you don't care. They nailed the movie samurai feel and the flow of combat is fantastic. The load times in the game are incredibly short which was something I appreciated as well. The Witcher style investigation in most quests got old quickly and that's something I hope games stop imitating so much. Yep yep footprints, blood, follow the trail, etc we get it.
With next year being Zelda's 35th anniversary, I think a BOTW2 release for holiday 2021 isn't out of the picture.

That Age of Calamity release is interesting though. A Prequel to BOTW where you know it's going to end horribly seems like it might be fun in a Hyrule Warriors type game.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8568 posts
2960 upvotes
I also just Platinum Trophy'd Ghost of Tsushima.

The perfect parry combat mechanic in Ghost of Tsushima is really fun.
Landing the exact timing that opens up opportunities for satisfying counter hits and combos really makes it feel sophisticated.

The combat system that does not insult you and makes you adapt to unblockable attacks by rolling out of the way, and the depth of the abilities such as being able to deflect incoming arrows
with well timed parries, is why I would put Ghosts of Tsushima above and beyond any Assassin's Creed game made to date.

This game gives you options like just flat out making your presence known, challenging groups to a standoff duel and destroying entire encampments of enemies with brute skill
or resourcefulness.

There are some cheap tactics like charging up the Shawn Michael's style Superkick ability in the Spear Breaking Stance
and using it to knock enemies off high elevation to the ground or water below for instant death, etc.
Redmask wrote:

I did not like the Witcher style investigation aspects of some of the side quests or some of the missions where you are forced to
use stealth and avoid being seen as the only way to progress through the level.

Most of the investigation side missions were following tracks in the mud, or blood trails that always conveniently link back to the perpetrators
or the persons of interest.

I had to look up trophy guide videos to find the half of the records and artifacts requirement for the Platinum.
Others like the Hidden Shrines that you bow down to, and the unmarked side quests would be nearly impossible to find without a guide.

Overall this is a very easy game to get the Platinum Trophy for because you can fast travel to any points of interest on the map you previously discovered
which makes finding anything you missed take not very long at all.

Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1127 posts
373 upvotes
YYC
Not sure where to give these away, trying this general gaming thread. Please let me know if there's a better place.

There is an NBA2K21 promo on Oh Henry Level-Up chocolate bars, which redeems for some kind of Locker Code. Sorry no idea what it is or what it does in-game.

Redeem at OHLevelUP.com:

688KKD42X
NV4D8ZZZD
One more: 6MH49GKLP
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3502 posts
861 upvotes
A few months late but just finished Last of Us Part 2. Agree with general consensus that the story is a little underwhelm... disappointing even. Feels like they veered away from what made the first game good and captivating.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)