Shopping Discussion

Constant parcel lost with Amazon's Intelcom?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2021 10:59 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 18, 2012
487 posts
468 upvotes
Montréal

Constant parcel lost with Amazon's Intelcom?

Am I the only person experience constant parcel lost with Intelcom from Amazon order?

I live in an apartment, and I have experienced multiple parcel lost with Intelcom during the past 30 days. All shows delivered, but I didn't receive it.

A recent parcel just made me frustrating.

I ordered a Silicon Power 1TB SSD from Amazon while it's on sale. The next day, someone called me through the buzz code TWICE, I unlocked the door as I assume it's the courier who called me. About 5 mins later, I received an email from Intelcom with a picture attached in the email, stating that they delivered the parcel.

However, the picture was not taken in my buildings and I have to search my parcel in neighbourhood buildings, eventually, I found the place where they took the picture, but the parcel was long gone. This happened less that 1 hour! Besides, both my building and my neighbourhood buildings have street number on front which make it so hard to miss.

I tried to reach Amazon's CSR, they told me to wait 3 business days for them to investigate this, 3 business days later, I contacted them back, they asked me to file a police report with url clickable link.

I went to police station, the police officer told me there is almost 0 chance they can catch the theft or get my item back, since the issue happened almost 1 week ago (parcel lost in Thursday, so I have to wait almost a week for Amazon to investigate). I finally filed my police report online, but I don't think my local police can provide url link for it.

I contacted the CSR over the phone, they tried to call my local police station to verify my police report, about 2 mins later, the CSR told me that person who picked the phone doesn't speak English. I gave them another phone number and the CSR told me no one picked up the phone. I asked if I can just forward the original police report email to Amazon, CSR told me, I still have to call CSR for them to verify the police report.

I tried to forward the police report email to Amazon, and in the reply email, I was asked to provide a url police report.

Now, I have to call CSR tomorrow again.

Meanwhile, I filed a buyer's protection that my credit card covers, since I don't know how long this whole thing is going to take.

Reason to edit: Other recent parcel lost have been solved with a replacement or refund, but this particular issue just takes too long to be resolved. For original post, please refer to the quote in #22.
Last edited by soonleaf on Aug 8th, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1136 posts
575 upvotes
Haven't have issues with intelcom yet, although of cores I don't live in Montreal so regionally can be different. (Only issue i have with them is they are the only delivery company that wont deliver to your unit, they want you to go down to the entrance to sign for them)

Intelcom also doesn't keep their delivery promises, they often don't bother delivering every day so when your package is a day late, dont start to worry yet (but doesnt appear to be the case for you)

But why worry, if companys are having significant loss with intelcom, they will drop them.
Report and get it resent done.

Personally I wish amazon etc would switch back to using canada post mostly as they tend to be the most convenient option for most.. Atleast they have access to the mail boxes if your not home. / easier pickup spots for most people.
May 3, 2012
75 posts
64 upvotes
Victoria
I have no problem with them so far. I like them better than Dynamex. They send updates on delivery and also photos of packages sitting on my porch after delivery.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7884 posts
4519 upvotes
Alberta
No problems with them yet. I actually received a package this morning. He knocked on the door really hard a couple of times, left the package leaning against my front door and left. Wonder why he didn't ring the doorbell.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4195 posts
4381 upvotes
Anything is better than Canada **** Post.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Aug 18, 2008
439 posts
346 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: No problems with them yet. I actually received a package this morning. He knocked on the door really hard a couple of times, left the package leaning against my front door and left. Wonder why he didn't ring the doorbell.
Haha, I had one like that last week. She knocked really hard but didn't ring the bell. Can anyone confirm that Intelcom has been told not to use doorbells? =)

Yesterday I watched one across the street where he didn't even try the door, just left the box on the front porch.

I guess it really depends on the driver. The email notifications that your delivery is expected within the next 3 hours help sometimes, but I've had a couple where they showed up 6 to 7 hours after the estimated time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7398 posts
6038 upvotes
They lost three orders for me in a row, and Amazon just gave me the runaround.

I since used the trick of adding (po box 0) in my address and it uses Canada Post for delivery every single time. I finally receive all my orders again.

Worst POS company ever, I can't wait until they go bankrupt.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5934 posts
2789 upvotes
Toronto
angryaudifanatic wrote: Anything is better than Canada **** Post.
For me at least, Canada Post is better than Purolator... at least with Canada Post, when they screw up the delivery, I just have to go to the post office. With Purolator, when they inevitably do a phantom delivery (and not even leave a notice, so I have to be the one following up to notice that it's held for pick up), I have to drive 15km to Scarborough to get it, meaning it would be much more convenient to have just gone to a store to begin with.

Just happened last week actually, couldn't be bothered to make the trek so I just told Amazon to refund me.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4195 posts
4381 upvotes
Manatus wrote: For me at least, Canada Post is better than Purolator... at least with Canada Post, when they screw up the delivery, I just have to go to the post office. With Purolator, when they inevitably do a phantom delivery (and not even leave a notice, so I have to be the one following up to notice that it's held for pick up), I have to drive 15km to Scarborough to get it, meaning it would be much more convenient to have just gone to a store to begin with.

Just happened last week actually, couldn't be bothered to make the trek so I just told Amazon to refund me.
I had no idea Purolator was even a delivery partner.

I just contacted Amazon to blacklist Canada Post for yet another missed delivery.

I much prefer the UPS, Intelex and the like. They have never once let me down!

Id take Purolator over those unionized buffoons at CP.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1260 posts
1783 upvotes
I don't know how true this is, so don't shoot the messenger.

I saw a segment on TV about doorbells. Panel wanted to know if you rang doorbells.
The marjority of people would rather text you than use a doorbell.
Most houses don't even have a doorbell according to the audience and panel.
Where do these people live? Are they so remote that they get a heads up before you make it to the house?

This show was taped in downtown Toronto.
Aug 18, 2008
439 posts
346 upvotes
couponmummy1 wrote: I don't know how true this is, so don't shoot the messenger.

I saw a segment on TV about doorbells. Panel wanted to know if you rang doorbells.
The marjority of people would rather text you than use a doorbell.
Most houses don't even have a doorbell according to the audience and panel.
Where do these people live? Are they so remote that they get a heads up before you make it to the house?

This show was taped in downtown Toronto.
That's interesting, I've never heard anything like that before. Next time someone is pounding on the door I'll know they're only doing it because they don't have my phone number.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1042 posts
596 upvotes
London, On
hp.. wrote:

I guess it really depends on the driver. The email notifications that your delivery is expected within the next 3 hours help sometimes, but I've had a couple where they showed up 6 to 7 hours after the estimated time.
They scan and load their vans and the software plans out their routes and sends out the notifications that you are stop number 38 and expect the driver there in x amount of time. However, since the driver is an independent contractor, they can work at whatever pace they want, take a 3 hour break or whatever, or decide to do the deliveries in a different order if they have somewhere to be at a certain time.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1042 posts
596 upvotes
London, On
angryaudifanatic wrote:

Id take Purolator over those unionized buffoons at CP.
Purolator drivers, and Intelcom drivers as well, now that I think about it, are unionized too.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4195 posts
4381 upvotes
djeffery wrote: Purolator drivers, and Intelcom drivers as well, now that I think about it, are unionized too.
Glad to see some unionized workers who work for their salary then!

In 3 years of living here, I am not kidding by any stretch that I have had over 20 different delivery people on my route with Canada Post. 20!!! and I still miss more packages (misdelivery or late) than I receive as per SLA.
Sep 28, 2017
677 posts
449 upvotes
lol, if you did your research you would know that canada post owns 91% of purolator..... so the odds of having them black listed would be slim. in most cases there has been a negotiation (most likely 50/50) to have canada post or purolator use their service and include the other entity as well.

amazon has to pay a certain amount to use them and most likely get a volume discount, even more if they also use both... so you can complain, and the most that will happen is they simply don't use that option for you anymore but won't completely stop using that service on your street or neighborhood.
no matter where you go, there you are.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1942 posts
563 upvotes
I’ll take ANY of the shipping companies Amazon uses as long as they do not use Dynamex! Out of 11 shipments that were sent to my using Dynamex, only 4 made it to me without some type of screwup. They “lost” 4, damaged 2, and were a week late with one, which I then had to return because Amazon had already shipped a replacement. ANYONE but Dynamex!
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
516 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Manatus wrote: For me at least, Canada Post is better than Purolator... at least with Canada Post, when they screw up the delivery, I just have to go to the post office. With Purolator, when they inevitably do a phantom delivery (and not even leave a notice, so I have to be the one following up to notice that it's held for pick up), I have to drive 15km to Scarborough to get it, meaning it would be much more convenient to have just gone to a store to begin with.

Hello,

We're sorry that the delivery wasn't successful. If it happens again, please email us the tracking number and your address. We can request local staff to transfer the shipment to a closer service point or simply make another delivery for you.

Regards,
James / Social Media Coordinator / Purolator Inc. / Customer care team
Email: customer.care@purolator.com
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1042 posts
596 upvotes
London, On
peytonpeanut2017 wrote: lol, if you did your research you would know that canada post owns 91% of purolator..... so the odds of having them black listed would be slim. in most cases there has been a negotiation (most likely 50/50) to have canada post or purolator use their service and include the other entity as well.

amazon has to pay a certain amount to use them and most likely get a volume discount, even more if they also use both... so you can complain, and the most that will happen is they simply don't use that option for you anymore but won't completely stop using that service on your street or neighborhood.
Actually, while Canada Post is the majority shareholder, the 2 operate separately and are competitive with each other. Purolator negotiates it's own contracts with customers, not as part of a larger package with Canada Post. Canada Post could of course more closely intertwine their operations, but they like having the 2 operating independently of each other.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1369 posts
2087 upvotes
I'm in Montreal as well and had 3 lost packages with Intelcom. I've had even more packages left ajar in the lobby, or outside the door with no calls or knocks (there's always someone at home). It's just luck that I was able to retrieve them before they get stolen.

If you check their early reviews, the majority are 1 star with the same issue. They've since implemented stricter delivery standards but the occassional issue still happens. Report to Intelcom so that driver gets canned, and report to Amazon so they put pressure on Intelcom to improve. They're the only one doing next day shipping for Amazon in Montreal area so they're not going anywhere for now, but you can push them to do better.
Aug 31, 2012
556 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
I have not had any issues with Intelcom but I am in Ontario. Do you have a video doorbell. Best invention ever. No issues with deliveries since install.

CP would be my least favourite. Purolator and UPS are better than CP.