Construction materials in GTA - best prices, quality and return policy

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2021 1:56 pm
[OP]
Aug 14, 2019
64 posts
11 upvotes

Construction materials in GTA - best prices, quality and return policy

Hi guys, so I’m starting my basement project soon and wanted to get some suggestions/ advice on where to buy my materials such a lumber, drywall, washroom fixtures etc

Obviously quality and cost are primary concerns but also any places that will come and pick up returns for left over materials such as lumber etc... I want to order some extra so I’m not running to store if I run short but also would prefer not to have to drag items back to store

Welcome everyone’s suggestions and advice.

Thanks
5 replies
Penalty Box
Oct 13, 2008
4729 posts
1695 upvotes
Go online. Put in your order. Wait for the email to pickup. Drive to location for curbside pickup.

Home Depot
Lowes
Rona
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10261 posts
2818 upvotes
i cant speak for Ontario, but framing lumber from a lumber store was 30-40% cheaper then the box stores where i live.

defiantly call around for quotes.
Jul 31, 2017
292 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
If you order online and have delivery/curbside pickup, expect half of what you get from a HD/Rona/Lowes to be firewood. At least in store you can sift through the appalling framing lumber they sell and find what you need. Central Fairbank seems to be better than average though they make it really difficult to get stuff delivered
Feb 26, 2019
433 posts
380 upvotes
Ottawa
Call a few lumber yards and ask for their current price lists. Most can email you a sheet that has their going rate for lumber. Compare them and make a choice. Consider paying for delivery if you’ve got a good sized order. $40 well spent in many cases. Order 10-15% more than you need so you can leave the worst sticks behind. When your done, the yard will take back what you don’t use and issue a credit.