Build it and Win it $2,000 NCIX.com Custom PC Contest!

Locked: Contest Details & Step by Step Guide to Entering-Don't post your list in this thread!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2006 11:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8457 posts
1441 upvotes
Toronto
Amourek wrote:Can we use Sale prices (once the sale goes up)? I assume that's okay as long as they are valid at the date of posting.
As long as it's in the system builder
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
11715 posts
133532 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Looks like Quebec is out of it again. Maybe I should move. :D

Ju Leon...
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2003
4233 posts
15 upvotes
Strathroy, ON
Are laptops included? I'm assuming so, since it's in the system builder, but it says "PC".

Let me know,
Thanks.
Power.
Jun 30, 2004
695 posts
59 upvotes
Ryan wrote:As long as it's in the system builder
Ahh..ok. So we can't go outside of what the system builder is offering? Say it lists asus and gigabyte mobo options but I want a dfi? No go?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2005
1910 posts
5 upvotes
Woodbridge
You cant "not" take some parts. For example, I cant not select a case. This is dumb, because some people might already have parts that they want to use and this just consumes their 2000 dollar budget.

In other words, can I just pick the parts I want as long as they total under 2000 dollars, and put them in list? Whats the difference anyways, its not like im taking more, im actually taking less parts (but the beefy ones)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2001
5654 posts
69 upvotes
Calgary
Pity you must use the system builder.... so far there's only one setup with Conroe options and it's way overpriced.
Apr 21, 2006
793 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal
Damn we Quebeckers can't participate? There's a bunch of contests we can't participate, does someone know why?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44550 posts
5115 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BlueMax wrote:Pity you must use the system builder.... so far there's only one setup with Conroe options and it's way overpriced.
In the system builder, you can use the ADVANCED SEARCH button at the top right corner of each component, and try searching for the item you want, be it mobo or ram or gfx cards. [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] is flexible with system builder, just that they only put the populars parts for selection on default.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Feb 20, 2005
360 posts
7 upvotes
re: exclusion of quebec

Several quebeckers ask why Quebec is excluded. i can't speak for [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink], but generally...

Unfortunately, your province's promotional contest laws are very onerous for businesses. they have to submit advertisements for approval, post security bonds, etc.

for this reason, many businesses choose to specifically exclude quebec.
Banned
Feb 11, 2005
1828 posts
35 upvotes
VanCity
Who won the 10th Anniversary $500 contest?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1590 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
Can we pick parts that are in limited supplies, like the Conroe chips?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5130 posts
1204 upvotes
DarkReaper wrote:Can we pick parts that are in limited supplies, like the Conroe chips?
i did, and i've seen others do it. if they don't have them and you win, you'll probably just have to pick something else.

i have a question... i think i changed my e-mail address for my account, and i don't remember which e-mail i used to register my RFD account. IF i win, will the e-mail be sent to my current e-mail address?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8457 posts
1441 upvotes
Toronto
rahzel wrote:i did, and i've seen others do it. if they don't have them and you win, you'll probably just have to pick something else.

i have a question... i think i changed my e-mail address for my account, and i don't remember which e-mail i used to register my RFD account. IF i win, will the e-mail be sent to my current e-mail address?
We'll probably contact people via PM if we don't hear anything through email.

re: laptops
Yeah, you can build a laptop. Just use the system builder.

re: Options
There are lots of options if you click on Advanced Options.
Apr 21, 2006
793 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal
RyanJBlack wrote:re: exclusion of quebec

Several quebeckers ask why Quebec is excluded. i can't speak for [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink], but generally...

Unfortunately, your province's promotional contest laws are very onerous for businesses. they have to submit advertisements for approval, post security bonds, etc.

for this reason, many businesses choose to specifically exclude quebec.
ok now I know.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3893 posts
824 upvotes
Mississauga
So...have to use the system available in system builder? A lot of ppl have conroe....