Contests

[Other]

Contest Discussion(s)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2022 2:34 pm
Tags:
Member
Oct 22, 2007
413 posts
719 upvotes
Markham
lecale wrote: Yes, they sent an email out:

Grab the last slice of the
Vachon Market cake!

Fans are snatching up our rewards left and right! This is your last chance to redeem your JoyBucks and claim some swag before it’s gone. After June 1st, it’ll be too late… But don’t worry—we have a few surprises coming to the Market in the fall!

- Team Vachon
I got that email too but I can't figure out if it means that our points will disappear June 1st, or just that the current items will go away. Since it would be nice to use these points for the new "surprises" in the fall.

Pretty disappointed with their market, it doesn't say it anywhere but you can seemingly only redeem for an item one time. I only got the free product coupon, everything else on there just seems like I wouldn't use it, don't want to waste more things.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 26, 2010
754 posts
1471 upvotes
Alberta
I'm over here winning 5 stars from the Starbucks Summer Game and I read about someone winning the $1 Million from the Sportsnet Contest. :facepalm: Who else is happy for them but also like AAARRGGGGGHHHHHHHH. I know instant win prizes are all about luck but still. And I know there will always be more contests and more prizes in the future. Sigh.
Sr. Member
Nov 1, 2008
894 posts
932 upvotes
jess4002 wrote: I'm over here winning 5 stars from the Starbucks Summer Game and I read about someone winning the $1 Million from the Sportsnet Contest. :facepalm: Who else is happy for them but also like AAARRGGGGGHHHHHHHH. I know instant win prizes are all about luck but still. And I know there will always be more contests and more prizes in the future. Sigh.
But, is the rumour true that the Sportsnet million dollar winner put the codeword in as a guess before it was actually announced? Now that would be a tough win to have pulled away due to that being against the rules.... 🥺
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5203 posts
7538 upvotes
Ontario
Have to find the page from the second last LCBO food and drink mag-one bottler had a QR code contest for trip to 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Don't often come across such soccer contests.
Ube pie-yum! It coordinates with Pantone's colour of the year for 2022.😃
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2006
1890 posts
5334 upvotes
Toronto
Ciel wrote: Have to find the page from the second last LCBO food and drink mag-one bottler had a QR code contest for trip to 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Don't often come across such soccer contests.
All current and previous issues for LCBO Food and Drink mag are available online here:
https://lcbofoodanddrink.cld.bz/english

It might have been this contest you saw in the magazine:

2022-06-04-sangre-de-toro-ultimate-socc ... c-2541126/
Last edited by spooky on May 27th, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2006
1890 posts
5334 upvotes
Toronto
BobSagget wrote: Anyone else seethat vachon market has a banner at the top of the page now saying you only have 1 week left to redeem for rewards?
Are they discontinuing everything? I've just been quietly racking up points each day by doing the daily tasks. Waiting for when they have more contests/better rewards.

If they are closing down now, that is disappointing. There is nothing worth using the points on.
I was going to ask about this as well but didn't see an existing RFD thread to ask about this in.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
4527 posts
25673 upvotes
Ciel wrote: Have to find the page from the second last LCBO food and drink mag-one bottler had a QR code contest for trip to 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Don't often come across such soccer contests.
Same contest that spooky posted.

If you still need the page here it is.
Images
  • F004EC30-3605-469C-9E0F-3F099459D23D.jpeg
Member
User avatar
Jan 29, 2013
390 posts
2632 upvotes
Saskatoon Sk
heckifiknow wrote: But, is the rumour true that the Sportsnet million dollar winner put the codeword in as a guess before it was actually announced? Now that would be a tough win to have pulled away due to that being against the rules.... 🥺
Interesting as on another contest site that posts winners lists every Thursday, in order of value, this sportsnet winner was listed at the top (for obvious reasons) and now today he/she is no longer listed so... not sure? Maybe for privacy reasons it was removed? To have a million $$$ win is insane and I really hope that there aren't skipped steps or problems for them to be able to legally claim their windfall! Cheers all!
Member
User avatar
Jan 29, 2013
390 posts
2632 upvotes
Saskatoon Sk
Hobi1234 wrote: Interesting as on another contest site that posts winners lists every Thursday, in order of value, this sportsnet winner was listed at the top (for obvious reasons) and now today he/she is no longer listed so... not sure? Maybe for privacy reasons it was removed? To have a million $$$ win is insane and I really hope that there aren't skipped steps or problems for them to be able to legally claim their windfall! Cheers all!
Okay please ignore my original post as I just read all 23 pages of comments on the actual Sportsnet This Is Big contest and guess it's "unclear" as to legitimacy of the big win! But still - cheers all!
Member
Aug 19, 2012
241 posts
356 upvotes
RICHMOND
Hobi1234 wrote: Interesting as on another contest site that posts winners lists every Thursday, in order of value, this sportsnet winner was listed at the top (for obvious reasons) and now today he/she is no longer listed so... not sure? Maybe for privacy reasons it was removed? To have a million $$$ win is insane and I really hope that there aren't skipped steps or problems for them to be able to legally claim their windfall! Cheers all!
I'm pretty sure it was a troll/scam comment. Check out the comments in the Sportsnet contest post (or the comments in the thread on that other contest site ;))
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5203 posts
7538 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks @spooky and @Pardon! Yes, you found the soccer trip contest! Electric Light Bulb
Ube pie-yum! It coordinates with Pantone's colour of the year for 2022.😃
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 23, 2005
23870 posts
190432 upvotes
GTA
This should go without saying, but just a reminder/PSA to beware of contest e-mails you receive and look at the e-mail header / return address to help you figure out if it's legit (and look at the text):

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 9.04.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 8.58.13 PM.png


When you see the Lowe's logo and prize graphic, you might think for a second it's legit. However, the subject line says "You'll L0se N0thing if you 0pen it" (i.e. zeroes in place of capital O's), and in the body, "it will take you only a minute to receive this fantastic prize". The return address (see image) is also highly suspect.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
2436 posts
3816 upvotes
I don't know about anyone else but I am not winning in the Circle K contest but I notice that others are winning a ton of stuff and what seams like more than one person could possibly win. How exactly are they getting so lucky?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
21114 posts
31851 upvotes
ONTARIO
gofforever wrote: I don't know about anyone else but I am not winning in the Circle K contest but I notice that others are winning a ton of stuff and what seams like more than one person could possibly win. How exactly are they getting so lucky?
I've noticed the same thing. I've won a grand total of twice since the contest started. Yet, I've noticed multiple people with what seems like dozens of items "for trade" in the thread.
I am guessing they are either very lucky or many people are using multiple phone numbers to enter.

I personally don't care much as I give away my freebies anyway.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2006
1466 posts
12313 upvotes
SE Ontario
BobSagget wrote: I've noticed the same thing. I've won a grand total of twice since the contest started. Yet, I've noticed multiple people with what seems like dozens of items "for trade" in the thread.
I am guessing they are either very lucky or many people are using multiple phone numbers to enter.

I personally don't care much as I give away my freebies anyway.
Yeah, multiple phone numbers is my guess too. I've been losing that contest a lot this time around. :P
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
2436 posts
3816 upvotes
Even if you use multiple phone numbers you would also have to have multiple email addresses to register and wouldn't you have to use multiple names also to register. Kinda takes the fun out of playing when you know people are cheating.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2006
1466 posts
12313 upvotes
SE Ontario
gofforever wrote: Even if you use multiple phone numbers you would also have to have multiple email addresses to register and wouldn't you have to use multiple names also to register. Kinda takes the fun out of playing when you know people are cheating.
Yeah. Some people play for their families. I am ok with that but I agree, kinda greedy if you're just playing a bunch for yourself.
Member
User avatar
Jan 29, 2013
390 posts
2632 upvotes
Saskatoon Sk
I’ve been lucky with Circle K and only have one phone number - i haven’t yet redeemed anything but still have till June 3rd for my first win and tomorrow after golf there’s a circle k where we do beer and burger - cheers and good luck all!
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
21114 posts
31851 upvotes
ONTARIO
So this is kind of neat.

If you have any digital NHLShop.ca gift cards from contest wins, you can convert them into physical gift cards and/or combine them on their site. It costs $0.00 for shipping the physical cards too. So it's completely free to basically convert a digital gift card into a physical one.

I have so many of these $25/$50/$100 NHLShop gift cards from contest wins over the years. So it's convenient to combine them all to fewer gift cards.
All you have to do is buy a new gift card (either electronic or physical) in any amount you want. Then at checkout, you can use your existing smaller amount gift cards to pay for it.

For example:

I just bought a $250 NHLShop gift card and as for payment, I applied six $25/$50/$100 gift cards, totalling $250, to pay for it.
Now instead of 6 gift card numbers to keep around, I just have a single $250 gift card.

Also interestingly, after I made the order, there was a pop-up that said my purchase qualified to enter some Unilever gift card contest. I clicked on the button to enter, but there was no further details. So I assume it entered me, but I am not sure.
Wish I had more details so I could post the contest here.

Edit: Still can't find details about this Unilever contest, but i just got a verification email from Unilever that I was entered.
So if you have a NHLshop gift card and you want to enter, you can make a "purchase" on the site and probably get the pop-up as well.

Just buy a gift card in the amount of your gift card that you already have and use your existing gift card to pay for it. I think that'll work.
Images
  • unilevercontest.png

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)