Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

  • Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 8:07 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1741 posts
3428 upvotes
bojac wrote: Sent two requests for NPEs 1st wk of June, two 2nd wk of June, never rec'd anything. Unlike last year, when I requested 12 NPEs, rec'd 10. Same rules as last year. Submitted reqs exactly the same way this year as last: unlined paper, printed instead of written, original 50+ word essay each time. Decided not to waste any more stamps on this one. Just wondering, has anyone contacted Toyota Canada re this? Either directly or through social media? If no one receiving NPEs, have to think they would want to know contest organizer not following rules. And yes, I was OP of this contest!
I sent them a FB message today. They said they would look into it for me.
Member
Jul 30, 2007
313 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
bojac wrote: Sent two requests for NPEs 1st wk of June, two 2nd wk of June, never rec'd anything. Unlike last year, when I requested 12 NPEs, rec'd 10. Same rules as last year. Submitted reqs exactly the same way this year as last: unlined paper, printed instead of written, original 50+ word essay each time. Decided not to waste any more stamps on this one. Just wondering, has anyone contacted Toyota Canada re this? Either directly or through social media? If no one receiving NPEs, have to think they would want to know contest organizer not following rules. And yes, I was OP of this contest!
KaDubb wrote: I haven't received any either. Quite disappointed.
Hey guys! I actually got 2 out of 3 today and the first one is the earlier one I submitted!
Newbie
Dec 11, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
panzz wrote: Hey guys! I actually got 2 out of 3 today and the first one is the earlier one I submitted!
I sent Toyota Canada Contact an email and this was the response I got on Aug. 8th "We cannot speak on why you did not receive a pin" , to which I quickly replied, "Did you even contact the person handling the no purchase entries for this contest? From the sound of this response you don’t seem to care!" Maybe they did look into it, there is hope.
Member
User avatar
Jun 6, 2012
276 posts
4535 upvotes
Saskatchewan
panzz wrote: Hey guys! I actually got 2 out of 3 today and the first one is the earlier one I submitted!
Fingers crossed I'll get one too! Glad you received yours.
Member
Jul 30, 2007
313 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
KaDubb wrote: Fingers crossed I'll get one too! Glad you received yours.
I'm in Toronto so pretty close proximity to their office hopefully you will see yours by end of the week. Also it's 1 pin per week submission unless I read the rules incorrectly.
Member
User avatar
Jun 6, 2012
276 posts
4535 upvotes
Saskatchewan
panzz wrote: I'm in Toronto so pretty close proximity to their office hopefully you will see yours by end of the week. Also it's 1 pin per week submission unless I read the rules incorrectly.
I wasn't sure about it. I didn't think it said that you couldn't request more than one pin a week, only that you couldn't enter more than 1 a week. But regardless, I'd be happy to get one. Good luck to you though!
Newbie
Nov 27, 2012
46 posts
83 upvotes
HALIFAX
KaDubb wrote: I wasn't sure about it. I didn't think it said that you couldn't request more than one pin a week, only that you couldn't enter more than 1 a week. But regardless, I'd be happy to get one. Good luck to you though!
Not impressed with this one at all, I will be sending a note after they award prizes. I submitted total of a dozen NPE in June and got (4) today, even if I get the other 8 with only 3 legitimate weeks remaining (9) of them are complete wastes. On top of that I missed out on the first secondary prize draw on Aug 1st and of course gonna miss out on (9) entries and (9) instant win opportunities.

I am driving my third toyota, over 18 years in them, and spent over $1500 in parts/labour this spring, they think they are keeping contest to actual clients by limiting the NPE's but they are mistaken.
2018 Wins (14) + 2019 Wins (2)
Member
Jul 30, 2007
313 posts
2180 upvotes
Toronto
KaDubb wrote: I wasn't sure about it. I didn't think it said that you couldn't request more than one pin a week, only that you couldn't enter more than 1 a week. But regardless, I'd be happy to get one. Good luck to you though!
Sorry I meant 1 pin entry a week so like the other guy above unless he gives his pins away he's at a disadvantage. True what he says about missing out on so many prizes.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2006
2156 posts
1447 upvotes
St. Catharines
How do you guys keep track of contest end dates?

I save my entry forms simply in Google Chrome bookmarks, grouped by Daily, or Weekly. I then open all those links in tabs every day (daily). I often find that I have been entering a contest for a while then I take another look at the rules to find out I have been entering daily for a month after it closes.
Member
User avatar
Jan 16, 2012
491 posts
7565 upvotes
Ontario
MegaSilver wrote: How do you guys keep track of contest end dates?

I save my entry forms simply in Google Chrome bookmarks, grouped by Daily, or Weekly. I then open all those links in tabs every day (daily). I often find that I have been entering a contest for a while then I take another look at the rules to find out I have been entering daily for a month after it closes.
I create folders by half month (Aug1-15, Aug 16-31, etc) and add the daily contests to the folders based on their end date. Everyone Monday I scan the end dates on the most current folder.
2019 2018 6 wins/$7,354 2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 16 win/$8,960 2015 20 wins/$6,333 2014 19 wins/$1,187 2013 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 1 win/$5,000
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27309 upvotes
MegaSilver wrote: How do you guys keep track of contest end dates?

I save my entry forms simply in Google Chrome bookmarks, grouped by Daily, or Weekly. I then open all those links in tabs every day (daily). I often find that I have been entering a contest for a while then I take another look at the rules to find out I have been entering daily for a month after it closes.
I save my contests by name and end date (daily and weekly in separate folders), Before entering daily contests,I check which ones have expired (I always check rules to verify expiry, sometimes contest get extended or I incorrectly assign end date). I also use the sort function in RFD to check end dates of contests.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1315 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
MegaSilver wrote: How do you guys keep track of contest end dates?

I save my entry forms simply in Google Chrome bookmarks, grouped by Daily, or Weekly. I then open all those links in tabs every day (daily). I often find that I have been entering a contest for a while then I take another look at the rules to find out I have been entering daily for a month after it closes.
When I bookmark them, I name the bookmark by using the company and end date eg. BRISK AUG 28. That way, each time I enter, the date stands out and I can delete those ones that have finished.
Member
User avatar
Jun 6, 2012
276 posts
4535 upvotes
Saskatchewan
I haven't received any NPN codes from Brisk or Pepsi for the last 3 days. Anyone else have this issue? Up until now I would receive one every day. Seems strange.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2013
1287 posts
8884 upvotes
Ontario
KaDubb wrote: I haven't received any NPN codes from Brisk or Pepsi for the last 3 days. Anyone else have this issue? Up until now I would receive one every day. Seems strange.
Same- Hope they come next week-
2015 wins: 89 wins / $29,632 - 2016 wins: 79 wins / $59,590 - 2017: 53 wins / $35,518 - 2018: 46 wins / $10,700 - 2019 to date: 9 wins / $2,003

Top