[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2020 11:14 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1733 posts
3427 upvotes
panzz wrote: Wondering if anyone can help. I won a prize, however, having trouble getting in contact with the prize fulfillment agency. The contest host has been sort of responsive and saying they are trying to get a hold of the person to contact me to fulfill the prize. However, its been almost 2 months and still no contact from the fulfillment side of things. Any way I can speed up the process? What are my next steps? Appreciate any help here!
What contest and prize was it?

It's really hard to say. Right now my husband is waiting for a prize from the Scotiabank contest that was suppose to come months ago. They said they sent it but he never got it. Then they said they sent it again but still we haven't gotten it. They asked to confirm address so we sent that it but it's been another week since and still haven't heard anything.
So you could complain and maybe get blacklisted, or say nothing and lose out on the prize. Hard to know what to do. Perhaps someone with more experience can comment.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2010
1444 posts
239 upvotes
Toronto
So you know when they have that "I'm not a robot" button? Sometimes I don't know.... If I was a robot would I know I was a robot?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
22140 posts
4477 upvotes
North Vancouver
If you are a robot then you have the right (nay... the responsibility) to sue contest providers for racial discrimination in not offering an "I'm a robot" option.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2495 posts
24440 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nepper wrote: I have been contesting off and on (mostly off) for the last number of years. Very small, very infrequent wins. But I've come back with a new system and hope to maintain it year round.

My question to my fellow RFD'ers - with respect to the Christmas holiday contesting season - when does it usually start heating up with more and more posts? Is it usually just December or does it start heating up earlier?

Thanks to everyone - it's very time consuming posting and I just wanted to put out a big thank you to everyone. :)
It usually depends, but if you don't get into the habit of entering late October, you won't be able to keep up with all the christmas day contests, etc. For some reason, this year, I haven't played dailies and seem to think that mid-November is when I'll start entering daily to get into the habit of it and start finding those Christmas contests. But that's just me. I don't know, lots of contests last 2 weeks and are a countdown to Christmas day, other contests seem to last longer, and are holiday based. I don't think we'll see any before Halloween. There have only been 2 fly me home contests that seem to be based around the holidays I believe posted, but than again, I don't see any Halloween ones. Maybe I'll give the search engine a go later, been trying to get as little computer time as possible, but even me cutting down seems like too much lol. Hopefully everyone feels in the spirit and is ready to contest come the holidays.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2495 posts
24440 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I don't know if this is legit, but I found a site with a bunch of contests. I think you have to sign up, I'll check on that now to see if sign up is at least free before posting. Ok, I think it's free to sign up but I'm not sure. don't go giving your credit card out. i'm unsure but the entries are small. giving it up to redflagdeals to investigate further into this. I'm just posting as I find.

https://www.instructables.com/account/register/

https://www.instructables.com/contest/

this is how I found them: https://www.instructables.com/contest/halloween19/

although I do keep an occasional contest or two for myself. sometimes I even forget to enter those. let's hope we stay warm as long as possible before winter.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
17325 posts
4844 upvotes
Well, it's been a rather dismal year for wins for me. What I did win I mostly gave away as the stores with GCs don't exist here. Now to go out and vote. Another depressing act...
Sep 9, 2007
572 posts
189 upvotes
Bridgewater
I received my BBQ grand prize today from the VHGrilling contest but I was under the assumption it was a Broil king BBQ. I got a Weber Genesis II instead. Im still gratful for it, itsa still a very nice BBQ, just curious but did anyone else that had won this contest receive a Broil king?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17903 posts
25023 upvotes
ONTARIO
tushkitty wrote: I received my BBQ grand prize today from the VHGrilling contest but I was under the assumption it was a Broil king BBQ. I got a Weber Genesis II instead. Im still gratful for it, itsa still a very nice BBQ, just curious but did anyone else that had won this contest receive a Broil king?
Which one is worth more? If the Broil King is worth a lot more, I would probably speak up about it.
Sep 9, 2007
572 posts
189 upvotes
Bridgewater
Their both valued the same, 1299.99 and the webber has very good ratings online also so I guess its not a bad thing, just curious I guess.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
1757 posts
18237 upvotes
tushkitty wrote: I received my BBQ grand prize today from the VHGrilling contest but I was under the assumption it was a Broil king BBQ. I got a Weber Genesis II instead. Im still gratful for it, itsa still a very nice BBQ, just curious but did anyone else that had won this contest receive a Broil king?
Was this your contest?

https://vhcontest.ca/rules

Grand Prize (4): There are four (4) Grand Prizes (“Grand Prizes”) available to be won, consisting of one (1) BBQ (ARV: $1,200.00), one (1) grocery store gift card (ARV: $250.00 CDN), and VH®, Pam®, and Pogo® free product vouchers (ARV: $50.00 CDN) .Total ARV: $1,500.00 CDN, each.

No mention in the rules of a particular BBQ.
Sep 9, 2007
572 posts
189 upvotes
Bridgewater
Well, thats what I kind of thought but their contest page has a Broil king on it and this page here, https://vhsauces.conagrafoods.ca/promot ... on-prizes/ is kind of confusing as it seems like a mesh of the Grand prize and the weekly prizes, all BBQ but the weekly one was for a $499 prize value..either way Im not ungrateful.
Pardon wrote: Was this your contest?

https://vhcontest.ca/rules

Grand Prize (4): There are four (4) Grand Prizes (“Grand Prizes”) available to be won, consisting of one (1) BBQ (ARV: $1,200.00), one (1) grocery store gift card (ARV: $250.00 CDN), and VH®, Pam®, and Pogo® free product vouchers (ARV: $50.00 CDN) .Total ARV: $1,500.00 CDN, each.

No mention in the rules of a particular BBQ.
Sep 10, 2010
519 posts
1177 upvotes
tushkitty wrote: Well, thats what I kind of thought but their contest page has a Broil king on it and this page here, https://vhsauces.conagrafoods.ca/promot ... on-prizes/ is kind of confusing as it seems like a mesh of the Grand prize and the weekly prizes, all BBQ but the weekly one was for a $499 prize value..either way Im not ungrateful.
They also have this line in the rules which is pretty standard which gives them the right to substitute. But as stated it doesn't actually say Broil King in the rules anyway.

"The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize or an element thereof, with a prize or element thereof of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason. All federal, provincial, territorial or local taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the winners."
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
7118 posts
6266 upvotes
GTA, ON
I got the Napoleon Travel Q - weekly prize valued at $450 if I remember correctly
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
7118 posts
6266 upvotes
GTA, ON
Gleam seems to be down this morning
I'm off to the Zoomer show later (I got free tickets for being on their email list), lots of contests and free swag at the show. Hope I score some good stuff.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1314 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
krag48 wrote: Gleam seems to be down this morning
I'm off to the Zoomer show later (I got free tickets for being on their email list), lots of contests and free swag at the show. Hope I score some good stuff.
Please let us know what they give you. It might encourage others to go.