• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2020 11:00 pm
Tags:
Jan 16, 2012
490 posts
7552 upvotes
Ontario
Chemainus woman wins $5,000 in Save On Foods gift cards from Facebook contest

A Chemainus woman is the lucky winner of $5,000 in Save On Foods gift cards after she entered a Facebook contest.

The competition was looking for a twist on Thanksgiving dinner recipes, and Alana Starkie submitted her recipe for a leftover turkey dinner shepherd’s pie. She didn’t know what the prize was when she entered. Now that Starkie has won the $5,000, she plans to pay it forward.

Continued at https://www.chemainusvalleycourier.ca/h ... k-contest/
2019 2018 6 wins/$7,354 2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 16 win/$8,960 2015 20 wins/$6,333 2014 19 wins/$1,187 2013 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 1 win/$5,000
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
1552 posts
18010 upvotes
ActonSue wrote: Chemainus woman wins $5,000 in Save On Foods gift cards from Facebook contest

A Chemainus woman is the lucky winner of $5,000 in Save On Foods gift cards after she entered a Facebook contest.

The competition was looking for a twist on Thanksgiving dinner recipes, and Alana Starkie submitted her recipe for a leftover turkey dinner shepherd’s pie. She didn’t know what the prize was when she entered. Now that Starkie has won the $5,000, she plans to pay it forward.

An RFD member posted that she won this contest.

contest-winners-alert-pls-post-your-con ... 0247/2405/
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4354 posts
6725 upvotes
Ontario
Rosibal wrote: Sorry-and you are asking because? any new contests?
I was checking to see if others only saw one page as part of the new Forever Young issue rather than an actual magazine or special section. My town did not get the Oct print issue so I found one in Burlington, with the editorial about the changes to the magazine. I can understand if their advertiser base is spread over too many publications (all owned by Metroland Media) but I thought that the magazine might have become part of the community paper bundle and as a result, no more free bundle drops at hundreds of locations.

No, there aren't any new contests on the FY site. I checked; only City Parent's website has fresh contests (posted here on RFD).
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
22080 posts
4423 upvotes
North Vancouver
Everyone must read this story... it puts all of us dedicated contesters to shame!

Shaw Cable -- draw for a seven-day trip for two to Tokyo, Japan (including airfare, hotel and $500 spending money) courtesy of iTravel and 20th Century Fox.

Won by: 20 month old Anthony Tappenden of Edmonton

Story: https://globalnews.ca/news/6151051/edmo ... paign=2014
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1538 posts
1331 upvotes
GTA
gbamber wrote: Everyone must read this story... it puts all of us dedicated contesters to shame!

Shaw Cable -- draw for a seven-day trip for two to Tokyo, Japan (including airfare, hotel and $500 spending money) courtesy of iTravel and 20th Century Fox.

Won by: 20 month old Anthony Tappenden of Edmonton

Story: https://globalnews.ca/news/6151051/edmo ... paign=2014
“I actually found out that they had attempted to award the prize to three or four other individuals before me.

Nobody had responded to their emails or phone calls because, I guess, maybe they apparently thought it was a scam too? But yeah, I was the fourth in line as a random winner for the contest. And I’m the only one who who attempted to claim it.”

Wow! Hmm, not every call is a scam after all ... the 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be kicking themselves now, for not responding!
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2013
14973 posts
4904 upvotes
Toronto
mzmoney wrote: “I actually found out that they had attempted to award the prize to three or four other individuals before me.

Nobody had responded to their emails or phone calls because, I guess, maybe they apparently thought it was a scam too? But yeah, I was the fourth in line as a random winner for the contest. And I’m the only one who who attempted to claim it.”

Wow! Hmm, not every call is a scam after all ... the 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be kicking themselves now, for not responding!
That’s why I hate this kind of contest structure. People should know when they’re entering a contest.
Wishing everyone a lucky 2020!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2244 posts
23352 upvotes
Toronto, ON
https://www.carvel.com/elf-sweeps/terms

found this contest. Eligibility states that person must have US mailing address. No PO Box. But it doesn't say anything else about it. Maybe someone could enter this contest. Not posting as a lot of us prob don't have a US address to send to.
Nov 24, 2004
104 posts
798 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
This is me!
It is a great win, and a much needed boost to my grocery budget.
ActonSue wrote: Chemainus woman wins $5,000 in Save On Foods gift cards from Facebook contest

Jun 6, 2012
266 posts
4424 upvotes
Saskatchewan
hannasmom wrote: This is me!
Congrats. A spectacular prize - especially near the holiday season.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2244 posts
23352 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Congratulations on the prize, though I have seen it mentioned before. It's always a spectacular prize when you can end up on the other quadrant in the world, or spend money the way you want to at your own pace. I take it it's probably not that far from you, and the holidays is when the shopping budget can add up. Great time for now and later. It will last. Enjoy it.

I haven't been entering that many contests, and find my wins now haven't picked up. I will try and get back into it as I'm probably missing a bunch of contests entering as little as I do and far in between. No better time, as I've adjusted to these temperatures (let's hope they don't go any lower) and that I'm back on as there's a lot you could do. Enjoy the season, and hopefully I'm on top of my Christmas contests as soon as they come in and I'm ready to play and win. Good luck all.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17737 posts
24799 upvotes
ONTARIO
The ruffles speaker tower things are being shipped now in case you're still waiting. You should get it soon.
Nov 24, 2004
104 posts
798 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Thanks stinastr. It is nice to be able to splurge a little and not have to stick to such a tight budget, although i am still shopping the sales and stretching it as far as i can.
Sending you winning vibes.
stinastr wrote: Congratulations on the prize, though I have seen it mentioned before. It's always a spectacular prize when you can end up on the other quadrant in the world, or spend money the way you want to at your own pace. I take it it's probably not that far from you, and the holidays is when the shopping budget can add up. Great time for now and later. It will last. Enjoy it.

I haven't been entering that many contests, and find my wins now haven't picked up. I will try and get back into it as I'm probably missing a bunch of contests entering as little as I do and far in between. No better time, as I've adjusted to these temperatures (let's hope they don't go any lower) and that I'm back on as there's a lot you could do. Enjoy the season, and hopefully I'm on top of my Christmas contests as soon as they come in and I'm ready to play and win. Good luck all.
Apr 10, 2013
47 posts
19 upvotes
Corner Brook
hannasmom wrote: This is me!
Congrats but is it possible for us to see the recipe? It sounds like a winner for sure.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2008
1926 posts
14161 upvotes
stinastr wrote: https://www.carvel.com/elf-sweeps/terms

found this contest. Eligibility states that person must have US mailing address. No PO Box. But it doesn't say anything else about it. Maybe someone could enter this contest. Not posting as a lot of us prob don't have a US address to send to.
this is right at the top: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY (WITH PARENTAL CONSENT FOR THOSE UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN STATE OF RESIDENCE). VOID WERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
LadyB
Received a kidney transplant September 1, 2018. Be a donor
Nov 18, 2019
1 posts
Newbie here.... so new that I dont even know how to post a new thread so I am replying. Anyways.. I would love to know from you veterans about yoru contest winning and turnaround time. I would like to know how soon after did you win something after entering contests on a regular basis? Love hearing the stories.. thank you

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

stinastr, gemem68