• Mar 30th, 2020 11:00 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17748 posts
24812 upvotes
ONTARIO
Wow this is pretty annoying.

Like a week ago I got locked out of my Twitter account because they suspected I was a bot or something.
I had to email support and it took 3-4 days for a response. This is what I got:
Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that your account is now unlocked. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

A little background: We have systems that find and remove automated spam Twitter accounts, and it looks like yours was flagged as spam by mistake. This can happen if an account exhibits automated behavior in violation of our rules.

We apologize for the mixup, and hope to see back on Twitter soon.
Ok so great right? Well not even 3 days after they unlocked my account, I am now locked out again for the EXACT same thing. What kind of stupid automated systems do they have in place over there? I've had my account for I don't even know how many years and never had a single problem until just recently.

I've contacted them yet again in hopes they will unlock it.
Jan 29, 2013
185 posts
1326 upvotes
Saskatoon Sk
hopingcas wrote: Newbie here.... so new that I dont even know how to post a new thread so I am replying. Anyways.. I would love to know from you veterans about yoru contest winning and turnaround time. I would like to know how soon after did you win something after entering contests on a regular basis? Love hearing the stories.. thank you
Hi and welcome hopingcas!!! For myself, I won 52 free product coupons for Share Maestro products maybe a month after I started entering contests on RFD maybe 8 years or so ago but then I can also go 6 months with NO wins so..... my wins are not frequent but I maybe only spend 10 minutes or so a day entering ... you might win tomorrow or it might be a ways down the road but whenever it happens (and it will) it’s always exciting getting a winning email so I hope you don’t have to wait too long!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2250 posts
23420 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi, since contests choose winners by random selection, it's sometimes hard to get a first win. On another note, I usually do runs and enter all the contests on a date and time and it can take up to 6 hours on slow days when I don't feel like entering or I'm reading everything and wishing already as I'm entering. Not much really, I still haven't pulled a run. I think I'll do it Monday. That's how I enter contests, and I usually check other sites, but recently, haven't been keeping up with social media contests but I never did win much on those. It's winter, I'm taking it easy and trying to live. Not worried about the small stuff, but a win would be nice. I know how it feels. But with the random and unbiased know-how of contesters, I'm sure every newbie wins something nice not too long into it. Hopefully it will be nice enough to keep new contesters around. Enjoy the rush after the win, and keep on entering. I'm already delayed on my plan for Christmas contests, but hopefully for the season and year's end, I too can pull off something nice. Never been a better time to contest than now. I see a bunch of contests just waiting to be entered up.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16988 posts
4699 upvotes
On the Chips Ahoy Gears contest, if the code is coming back as invalid, take a screen shot with the code and the message and send it via the help screen to the contest organizer. They will send you a new code that IS valid. Just did that right now...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
7043 posts
6254 upvotes
GTA, ON
Too many black Friday "deal" emails (lots and lots) and not enough "win" emails (zero for a while now).
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2250 posts
23420 upvotes
Toronto, ON
found this contest, Toronto only. Not really a prize, but the last ride:

to participate on the last ride on the CLRV from Wolseley Loop, along Queen Street, to Russell Carhouse on December 29, 2019 (the “CLRV Ride”), after which the CLRV fleet will be retired from revenue service and use for public transportation in the TTC public transportation system.

starts December 2nd, Facebook and Instagram question(s) posted until the 6th to win this. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4354 posts
6725 upvotes
Ontario
BobSagget wrote: Wow this is pretty annoying.

Like a week ago I got locked out of my Twitter account because they suspected I was a bot or something.
I had to email support and it took 3-4 days for a response. This is what I got:

Ok so great right? Well not even 3 days after they unlocked my account, I am now locked out again for the EXACT same thing. What kind of stupid automated systems do they have in place over there? I've had my account for I don't even know how many years and never had a single problem until just recently.

I've contacted them yet again in hopes they will unlock it.
Just as long as Twitter does not up and give away your account to any royal or celebrity as happened to the person who had an account with Sussex in the name. No advance please or thank you to the original account holder.

I suspect the Black Friday rush and deals have sapped power supplies (and caused power outages). Let's assume something had acted weird on the Twitter system but do pipe about that second occurrence.
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3949 posts
23038 upvotes
North York
It's been a while since we heard from our forum moderator, @vilmark - is he still on this forum?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2250 posts
23420 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am glad for the hope the excess of Holiday contests brings. I can't say I haven't been winning anything, but I've been playing for a lot and the stuff I really wanted, I didn't win. Seems like anything that I might have put some money on the side and bought and have gone myself - wins like that, I haven't won in a while. Won some things that I could be on the fence with winning, and lotsa times didn't get the enjoyment out of them I should have. Hence, there's no time not to daily try for the contests already posted. I will have to get into my bookmarks from previous years and see if the same contests are running this year. Maybe before the year's close, I can actually score myself a wicked gift before the holidays. Here's to hoping, good luck all.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
40314 posts
35880 upvotes
Economy
Just a head's up- I won't be home to watch Marilyn today as I have an appointment.
Could someone please watch and post Day 4, and the answer to the trivia question?

TIA
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2250 posts
23420 upvotes
Toronto, ON
found a lot of Facebook contests, but I enter a Facebook contest here and there. decided it's not worth my time, and I never developed a page or even added. too much effort into something I don't want to do, so if you'd like to know some Facebook 12 days of christmas, pm me and I'll send you a link to another site. You might/might not have heard of it, but promoting other website on rfd is against the rules. I'm not sure this is even ok, but instead of taking someone else's work and posting for all on here, why don't you go on the site and enjoy finding them there.
Oct 14, 2011
68 posts
128 upvotes
DUNDAS
Are we allowed to post contests that require a buy-in. For example: buying entries that go towards a charity, but each donation gets you an entry?
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2250 posts
23420 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ericasin wrote: Are we allowed to post contests that require a buy-in. For example: buying entries that go towards a charity, but each donation gets you an entry?
You're allowed, but lots of people frown on these types of contests. Since it's a donation, and it's to a charitable cause probably, I don't see the harm in posting if someone wants to play and donate a sum they feel comfortable with. I recall I won a contest, that had donation and npe, and someone on another forum donated, so it does happen. Best time to do so.

I haven't won anything this week, but feel it's a nice rest, cuz sometimes you have to not win to get something good coming your way. This past month, I don't recall winning anything I could use or have fun trying to use it. It was nice to go out and have dinner after, but apart from that, seems like it's the end of the year, and I'd like something nice for myself come christmas or new year's from these contests. The months have been turning over, but I haven't been receiving all that much. Can't complain, had some fun wins this year and didn't put all that much time into it. Just my regular in front of the computer having nothing else to do time. Lol. Don't fret, I hope you all can win something nice come the holidays or a little after if they take time getting to you. Good luck and enjoy contesting.