• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 12:52 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
7355 posts
6370 upvotes
GTA, ON
I don't have the energy for Christmas contests like I did in previous years.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3253 posts
28233 upvotes
Toronto, ON
krag48 wrote: I don't have the energy for Christmas contests like I did in previous years.
I agree. I used to play everything, and switch with others and if they didn't have time to play, I entered them in. Sometimes they entered me. But this year, I'm just doing one entry for the dailies. I'm not that greedy, or maybe it's just not fun winning when you stuff your day with contests. I take it I'm just not in the Christmas cheer so to speak and don't think getting someone some extra gifts will make them happier for the full year. I'm looking forward to new year's and hopefully I can win one of the few that might be scanning ip's or putting up cookies when I know if they aren't some people are probably playing a few people. Can't be angry when you used to do it yourself lol.

Hope you enjoy entering and something nice still comes.

I find Christmas contests in a weird way is your burst of energy from all that you put into contesting the months leading up to it. I can't go on a bingo like spree in winter after entering others and in the rhythm of the whole year. It would be unnatural but this is the best time to do it. Hopefully there are some other surprises in terms of wins as I haven't been entering daily all year but am entering now. If not, I put in some extra effort, and new year's time to begin new things, and I think I'll continue contests, the way I done it this year and won't give it more time, as sometimes, winning isn't even fun. You can hope for too much. I'm not tiring myself out with wants, but am getting what I need, and I continue to enjoy contests as a hobby.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3253 posts
28233 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This weather is just a lil crazy. Yesterday, I sat out with my winter jacket in the drizzle and my shoes didn't get soaked on the inside, summer shoes, not leather. It was just so nice, today, I'm not sure apart from it being windy and cold. I usually hate when the weather is stuck at or around 0 and it starts to wind and prepare for snow. Anyways, today, I really felt like it was a task to fill out these dailies. I don't know how I used to do that lol. Did it today, without enjoying my breaks and taking Sunday off. Not in the holiday mood and don't feel all that inclined to cheer people up with tangible gifts. All in all, from how it's going so far, I don't think I'll win anything to put under the tree. You never know though, and as much as I like things to move fast, sometimes the holidays take over, and you're left having to do things out of your way to keep the focus. It's a slow pace, the day is dull, and I now see why some people take a break from contesting. I just minimized, but regardless, it's a hassle, and there are probably a bunch of people trying to win. Nevertheless, good luck, enjoy your days, and hope that there are enough prizes to make entering holiday contests worthwhile for everyone.
Jan 29, 2013
223 posts
1517 upvotes
Saskatoon Sk
stinastr wrote: This weather is just a lil crazy. Yesterday, I sat out with my winter jacket in the drizzle and my shoes didn't get soaked on the inside, summer shoes, not leather. It was just so nice, today, I'm not sure apart from it being windy and cold. I usually hate when the weather is stuck at or around 0 and it starts to wind and prepare for snow. Anyways, today, I really felt like it was a task to fill out these dailies. I don't know how I used to do that lol. Did it today, without enjoying my breaks and taking Sunday off. Not in the holiday mood and don't feel all that inclined to cheer people up with tangible gifts. All in all, from how it's going so far, I don't think I'll win anything to put under the tree. You never know though, and as much as I like things to move fast, sometimes the holidays take over, and you're left having to do things out of your way to keep the focus. It's a slow pace, the day is dull, and I now see why some people take a break from contesting. I just minimized, but regardless, it's a hassle, and there are probably a bunch of people trying to win. Nevertheless, good luck, enjoy your days, and hope that there are enough prizes to make entering holiday contests worthwhile for everyone.
Nothing here yet but still a “crossing my fingers “ contest entrant. Thanks stinastr I think you’re saying what a lot of us might be feeling..., happy festive season and contest luck to all!
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3141 posts
15824 upvotes
Halifax
I’m back, just for the Christmas contests, but yes, it’s a slog to get through it. I find it easier to only enter things I’m actually interested in, vs where I used to enter absolutely everything.

Happy contesting all!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2016
7355 posts
6370 upvotes
GTA, ON
Tracydeanne wrote: I’m back, just for the Christmas contests, but yes, it’s a slog to get through it. I find it easier to only enter things I’m actually interested in, vs where I used to enter absolutely everything.

Happy contesting all!
I'm doing the same thing, only prizes I want.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3253 posts
28233 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hobi1234 wrote: Nothing here yet but still a “crossing my fingers “ contest entrant. Thanks stinastr I think you’re saying what a lot of us might be feeling..., happy festive season and contest luck to all!
Yeah, I guess I increased my intake and without anything assumed I should be getting more winning emails lol. We may all have to be a bit patient, and I don't mind waiting until New Year's. All in all, it would be the worse holiday contest streak for me since starting to play.

I'm glad I entered today, was going to not do it, gotta get into the rhythm. If you're chasing, it's hard to get ahead. It's all gotta fall into place, but there are surely going to be days that you rather just let it slide and forgo all those daily one prize allotted contests.

It would be nice to only win things you want to win, but sometimes, another way is to sell something you won and buy what you want lol. It's never going to a single source, but I get it, I'm trying to play for only things I want too, hard not to want to win some of them. Anyways, been spending too much time on the computer entering dailies and checking emails. Going to get away from it now that I'm done entering and try to break the chilly weather stream and spend a little longer out there ;). Have a good one everyone, and good luck
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3253 posts
28233 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I've lost the anticipation of winning a prize, kinda just leaving it as is. Got a couple of new things planned for the New Year, so excited to look forward to that. That's where my cheer is coming from. Usually I did pretty good during Christmas contests and could give everyone a nice prize that I probably otherwise wouldn't have bought. Alas, this year, I'm not trying to be santa. Trying to get through the winter and smooth out next year, as this year had a few bumps and turns that could have been avoided for the better. Otherwise, all in all, I'm glad with what I won this year and can conclude lol.

Recall previously that I won some nice things at the beginning of the year, and around my birthday which is about a month before Christmas. Not this year, the total opposite. Guess you can't ride on a good thing every year, but to be honest, I'm not even entering that much. Got this site and another site I load up to complete dailies now. Takes too long imo. If I could just relax, maybe if the weather was warmer..., but otherwise I'll be at it until New Year's only taking a few days off and hoping to still win one. Gonna try to treat the contests more as fun and look forward to winning the things I want to see, and not as an outing that I do only because I won, as I would like to have a little more money and a little less debt. To a new year, new plans, and to contests that are well worth winning to all who endeavour in this lot of luck, but we all know if we enter only the ones we want to win, we'll be waiting a long time. I give kudos to those not having time to post, because they're overwhelmed by the dailies, not to mention the daily social media contests. I'm sure your hard work will pay off. To me, I hope I win what I want, and enter less maybe's than trying to sell them and end up having a hard time doing so lol. There are many more outings I'd like to have taken if I only had the means so looking forward to improve the situation/see the horizon differently...so I gotta have a little more fun, and be more productive. Too much free time wasted on rfd like now. Sorry for posting so much lol. But if you read it, thanks and I hope you enjoy yourself and flow/focus the positive out and make this new year 2020 another great year for another birthday candle to burn out at some point this year...lol. Enjoy life.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2012
3141 posts
15824 upvotes
Halifax
Looks like someone mistakenly closed a bunch of Marilyn contests.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
40901 posts
37633 upvotes
Economy
Tracydeanne wrote: Looks like someone mistakenly closed a bunch of Marilyn contests.
Disappointed Face
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Nov 1, 2008
860 posts
780 upvotes
I sure do wish I could enter contests on IG. Makes me very sad to see all the great items available, yet IG will not let me post comments. Been blocked for 3 days now. They will probably unblock my account the day after all the giveaways end. Of course, I am probably screwing up my blocked time allotment by logging in to see if I have been unblocked three times a day. :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1339 posts
1267 upvotes
Toronto
heckifiknow wrote: I sure do wish I could enter contests on IG. Makes me very sad to see all the great items available, yet IG will not let me post comments. Been blocked for 3 days now. They will probably unblock my account the day after all the giveaways end. Of course, I am probably screwing up my blocked time allotment by logging in to see if I have been unblocked three times a day. :rolleyes:
Do you know why you've been blocked? Maybe there's a punishment grid somewhere, so you can see how long your sentence might be?
Nov 1, 2008
860 posts
780 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote: Do you know why you've been blocked? Maybe there's a punishment grid somewhere, so you can see how long your sentence might be?
Nah. That would be amazing if they did, but they don't make anything that transparent. I can DM, like, etc, I simply cannot comment on posts. The reasons IG give for users being blocked are not any transgressions which I have been involved in. To top it off, they do not even have any support feature to obtain assistance. I am now on day 4. Sigh.
Jan 16, 2012
492 posts
7567 upvotes
Ontario
heckifiknow wrote: I sure do wish I could enter contests on IG. Makes me very sad to see all the great items available, yet IG will not let me post comments. Been blocked for 3 days now. They will probably unblock my account the day after all the giveaways end. Of course, I am probably screwing up my blocked time allotment by logging in to see if I have been unblocked three times a day. :rolleyes:
Instagram is working on anti-bullying. Whenever they roll out something new it never works quite right at first. :rolleyes:
https://about.fb.com/news/2019/12/our-p ... -bullying/
2019 2018 6 wins/$7,354 2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 16 win/$8,960 2015 20 wins/$6,333 2014 19 wins/$1,187 2013 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 1 win/$5,000
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3253 posts
28233 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I didn't bother with social media this year. To think any previous year, when I really wanted to win and have something to put under the tree, this time of year always did that in one way or another. I'm not frustrated, I've already made my peace with it. There are more important things than winning a contest, but you gotta have some fun, so that's always a nice surprise. You would think that if you play and win smaller prizes a big one is due, but there is always more contest sites with those contests, and contestants trying to win and they too, put more time into it. I never figured out why you just can't win some. I hope most of you kept up your efforts or amped up for the holiday season, I let it slide and to be honest, prob feel better for the time and effort it took to bring together a couple of days. Gonna prob try to keep up with holidays, every single one even maybe, and go back to trying to win at the one time contests. It could also be hit or miss, but I like that you have no idea how or why the arrow will stop somewhere. Maybe some hosts or places have deduced that they are smarter than the arrow. Prob happens less often or not, but it's not like we know what happens behind the scenes. Will they actually draw at the time they say they will, or is that ballpark. If it takes longer to get to, or not. Some prizes have even been forfeit by the sponsor not coming through or the mail having something to do with it. It's all a part of a game, I guess. The more life you want, you realize it's just a never ending spindle where your efforts either pay off or not. It seems like if you are to win something, is there a contest guru or god that will have you claim out at a lower prize than the deal or no deal is potentially worth lol. Prob not, now I'm kinda losing my mind to this. But anyways, one thing is for sure, luck always has a way of rolling around. I'm not celebrating the holidays and I didn't win anything. Hopefully New Year's is better lol. I guess we're not robots to dissect this thing and so we just deal with it as luck. Probably!

Said hosts, but meant hosts of contests. I'm sure there are a couple which don't pick unless they are customers or check social media as back up, to me, that's like picking yourself. It's a random draw, and no one ever checks to see who won the contest unless they're prob a contester. Seems to me if it is happening, it's a silly gimmick to try and save face of a falling or failing business. If they have some inconsistency with contesters who enter contests and enter them all, and are double checking customer lists or trying to show a certain kind of group of people winning their contests, I think they've got contests all wrong. It prob doesn't happen very often, but there are some contests that as an example say all of Ontario, but are district oriented and I've never won. Seems there are some unforeseen criteria to pick local. Grow and build local, even that merry Vancouver contest had a phone number and I'm unsure if they picked winners with different area codes. Sometimes it's best just not to concern yourself with these strange tactics that shouldn't exist, but there are probably a couple of sponsors who don't want contesters from forums or other sites entering their business expanding contests and prob even search out forums when the contest was posted and disregard post and pick from early lot or later, if they even want to risk that. Can't do anything about it, just makes you think that sometimes, even if your ballot is in there, you might not have a chance. I even noticed some links from rfd contests having a different hyperlink at the end as if the sponsor wants to know that they're coming from this site. This site doesn't really have a different url to send to, but they could be scanning how you find the page. That's why for dailies, it was always best to store them in favourites. However, on a side note, I think most Christmas contests have been around for a while and lots of them don't have any scanning based on sponsors. That leads me to believe it's a free for all on most. That being said, I didn't win, because I didn't put the right amount of work into it. Sorry for this writing, I guess it is probably the equilibrium of sponsors to not want to double down on those that treat contests as fun, rather play only because they saw it in shop or heard it somewhere through the airwaves. I bet playing every year and being an entrant for years doesn't equal tried and tested loyalist of our site, rather, this is a contester lol. I doubt anyone goes through all that work, but the programming is there. If a programmer was cheating which I'm sure someone tried a couple of things, that just sucks lol. If you entered those contests all day, a couple of times to balance out your chances, you worked too hard for Christmas but good for you lol. I just like being a part of things that are fair and not eyeing contesters as the enemy rather a source of multiplying your game of chance and is a potential if not already a customer. See some sites asking if you tried product too for said contest. Unsure how it all plays out. Whatever!! lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)