• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 3:14 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3937 posts
23030 upvotes
North York
I won some items thru Instagram like cosmetics, a gift basket from Timmothy's and today a $200 Visa. Entered quite a lot thru IG. I also won $300gc to a concert thru a XM Radio contest online and a swag from the Charlie's Angels from Landmark cinemas (nothing much there other than a cheap smartwatch).

I don't think I won so many things in past years. Still waiting for contests results.

Good luck to all and have a Happy New Year!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2077 posts
22685 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Rosibal wrote: I won some items thru Instagram like cosmetics, a gift basket from Timmothy's and today a $200 Visa. Entered quite a lot thru IG. I also won $300gc to a concert thru a XM Radio contest online and a swag from the Charlie's Angels from Landmark cinemas (nothing much there other than a cheap smartwatch).

I don't think I won so many things in past years. Still waiting for contests results.

Good luck to all and have a Happy New Year!
Some things like that, I was hoping for. I know the last Lou Lou Magazine contest, I won a day of cosmetics and it was shipped to me, so I know they're not sexist. But yeah, I passed them on, obviously didn't use them. Gift baskets are always nice and the gift card is like cash, enjoy. Happy 2020!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4342 posts
6690 upvotes
Ontario
Noticed that Best Buy Canada had to redraw names for some of their Advent Calendar prizes due to lack of replies.
Their blog has a Sobro side table review from Dec.24 posted--I want one of these tables.

Have struck out on fall/Advent & Christmas type of contests so far. Wanting a great 2020 start with a cash win...
2020 quest to find Portuguese smoked paprika 💡
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3937 posts
23030 upvotes
North York
I also won a drill from the Home Magazine but it is not related to Christmas - they have a monthly draw
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2077 posts
22685 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Still haven't won anything from the post new year's contests. Was checking some dates, and some end today, some have ended and some will end. Hoping for some luck my way. Still haven't caught up on some readings but the holidays can get a little stuffed with family. Seems I gotta put a 2020 outlook on for 2020 by this weekend and hope I can get some inspiration. I'm already over the hard work I put entering contests. Took a few days off. Here are some good luck sprinkles to butterscotch you into the new year and beyond. Hope your desserts are always delicious and you get some inspiration from all your hard work to catch up and weave the chapters into something wonderful. Have a great 2020 and enjoy life!

I'm hoping to share some contest wins next week and hope you all get off on a wonderful foot, but if I don't, I hope to take contest entering as leisurely as last year and still come off with a few wins. Hope you get yours!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2077 posts
22685 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sometimes I'll enter someone else in a contest if I think it's better suited for them. I won't call them up and ask their permission, they already gave it. Anyways, thought that's always something. I also entered my mother throughout the holiday contests. Maybe she has no luck, but was hoping she'd win something. Was entering around 1-3pm, must have all been nothings. Entered myself in the ones I really wanted to win. Guess you can't always be satisfied. Need to find a better method for dailies. I don't like missing anything, and I've been extremely lazy with my npe's. We'll see later how it goes. I never tabulate my wins, I think it's fun to be spontaneous with it, and sometimes give up on chasing a night out when something else is better. The Raptors haven't been doing great in my opinion and I saw too many of their games on the holidays running in the background lol. Maybe it's the Leafs turn.

Think 2020 will have lots of interesting contests, and I hope to find more contests to share and hope we all get a turn at the luck charm.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2077 posts
22685 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I noticed a lot of the radio stations didn't have any new contests put up. Probably because a lot of them aren't coming into the office until the 6th, tomorrow. Wishing all some good luck your way in the coming week and a bit maybe when they'll send some more notification via calls/email. Hopefully not all of your hard work has gone to nothing. Good luck and this weekend, I've had a headache. Seems you can't always win, but it usually is only noticeable in the morning. Cheer on in 2020 and happy winning. I plan to be back at it in a bit, been sharing a bit, hopefully there's more contests to enter and win but looking forward for the chance to win something early in 2020. Cheers, good luck and happy contesting.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
16831 posts
4639 upvotes
Who won the Marilyn's contest? Now 11:15am, so it wasn't me. I didn't see ANY winners posted on their site for the 10 Days of Christmas contests either. Maybe updated today?
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
40223 posts
35674 upvotes
Economy
DougO wrote: Who won the Marilyn's contest? Now 11:15am, so it wasn't me. I didn't see ANY winners posted on their site for the 10 Days of Christmas contests either. Maybe updated today?
They did the draw live this morning.
A woman from Quebec won.
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2104 posts
22097 upvotes
Ottawa
DougO wrote: Who won the Marilyn's contest? Now 11:15am, so it wasn't me. I didn't see ANY winners posted on their site for the 10 Days of Christmas contests either. Maybe updated today?
Sherrylee ? from Sherbrooke, PQ
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1304 posts
1230 upvotes
Toronto
Some companies on Instagram give extra entries if you post their contest on your own page. I always feel like they may actually be drawing ONLY from those entries, but am loath to do that myself. Does this bug other people too?
Nov 1, 2008
857 posts
765 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote: Some companies on Instagram give extra entries if you post their contest on your own page. I always feel like they may actually be drawing ONLY from those entries, but am loath to do that myself. Does this bug other people too?
I too don't like this - plus some have the gall to then say they don't award prizes to 'contest accounts'. Um, you just made me post a contest. However, there is nothing worse than the multiple tags. Can we not just max it out to 3 or even 5?!?
Sep 10, 2010
507 posts
1175 upvotes
heckifiknow wrote: I too don't like this - plus some have the gall to then say they don't award prizes to 'contest accounts'. Um, you just made me post a contest. However, there is nothing worse than the multiple tags. Can we not just max it out to 3 or even 5?!?

Even when they post a limit I still see people tagging a ton of people over the limit. It is annoying.
Nov 11, 2011
378 posts
445 upvotes
ROCKWOOD
Does any one know if a NPE contest that requires an "original essay" but has daily entries allows for the original essay to be used each day. Or does it have to be unique each day?

My thought is to change up a sentence or two and reenter with my original but I am curious what everyones thoughts on this are, or if you have experience with this.

The contest I am looking at is the Air Miles one here:

2020-02-07-air-miles-flight-day-giveawa ... e-2346886/

This is from the rules and I do not see where it says unique essay per day, just original

To receive one (1) Contest entry without purchase, an Eligible Collector must submit his or her first and last name, complete mailing address including city, province, postal code, daytime phone number (including area code), e-mail address and AIR MILES Collector Number plus a fifty (50) word or more original essay describing "Where I would go if I won a flight" and e-mail to: Airmiles+FlightADay@promotionsolutions.net (with "AIR MILES® Flight-A-Day Giveaway Contest" in the subject line of the e-mail). The e-mail must be received by Contest Sponsor no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 7, 2020.
Limit of one (1) use of Entry Option B per Collector Number per day, to a maximum of thirty (30) uses per Collector Number during the Contest Period.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2008
8245 posts
51663 upvotes
alohamom wrote: Does any one know if a NPE contest that requires an "original essay" but has daily entries allows for the original essay to be used each day. Or does it have to be unique each day?

My thought is to change up a sentence or two and reenter with my original but I am curious what everyones thoughts on this are, or if you have experience with this.

The contest I am looking at is the Air Miles one here:

2020-02-07-air-miles-flight-day-giveawa ... e-2346886/

This is from the rules and I do not see where it says unique essay per day, just original

To receive one (1) Contest entry without purchase, an Eligible Collector must submit his or her first and last name, complete mailing address including city, province, postal code, daytime phone number (including area code), e-mail address and AIR MILES Collector Number plus a fifty (50) word or more original essay describing "Where I would go if I won a flight" and e-mail to: Airmiles+FlightADay@promotionsolutions.net (with "AIR MILES® Flight-A-Day Giveaway Contest" in the subject line of the e-mail). The e-mail must be received by Contest Sponsor no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 7, 2020.
Limit of one (1) use of Entry Option B per Collector Number per day, to a maximum of thirty (30) uses per Collector Number during the Contest Period.
My thinking is this line could be interpreted to mean that it has to be different even though it doesn't explicitly state it:

plus a fifty (50) word or more original essay