[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2020 12:51 pm
Tags:
Nov 11, 2011
378 posts
445 upvotes
ROCKWOOD
Farseer wrote: My thinking is this line could be interpreted to mean that it has to be different even though it doesn't explicitly state it:

plus a fifty (50) word or more original essay
That is what I am thinking too, thanks for your input
Deal Guru
Mar 24, 2005
11998 posts
617 upvotes
Toronto
alohamom wrote: Does any one know if a NPE contest that requires an "original essay" but has daily entries allows for the original essay to be used each day. Or does it have to be unique each day?

My thought is to change up a sentence or two and reenter with my original but I am curious what everyones thoughts on this are, or if you have experience with this.

The contest I am looking at is the Air Miles one here:

2020-02-07-air-miles-flight-day-giveawa ... e-2346886/

This is from the rules and I do not see where it says unique essay per day, just original

To receive one (1) Contest entry without purchase, an Eligible Collector must submit his or her first and last name, complete mailing address including city, province, postal code, daytime phone number (including area code), e-mail address and AIR MILES Collector Number plus a fifty (50) word or more original essay describing "Where I would go if I won a flight" and e-mail to: Airmiles+FlightADay@promotionsolutions.net (with "AIR MILES® Flight-A-Day Giveaway Contest" in the subject line of the e-mail). The e-mail must be received by Contest Sponsor no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 7, 2020.
Limit of one (1) use of Entry Option B per Collector Number per day, to a maximum of thirty (30) uses per Collector Number during the Contest Period.
I've done this before with Air Miles - they must have some algorithm that catches consistencies because I tried changing 3 sentences in each submission and they came back with the following:

"Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, the request you submitted for a no-purchase entry is not valid in accordance with the contest rules."

YMMV
Nov 11, 2011
378 posts
445 upvotes
ROCKWOOD
ktan09 wrote: I've done this before with Air Miles - they must have some algorithm that catches consistencies because I tried changing 3 sentences in each submission and they came back with the following:

"Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, the request you submitted for a no-purchase entry is not valid in accordance with the contest rules."

YMMV
Ah ha! This is exactly the kind of info I needed to figure out how to do it-thank you @ktan09

I just wasn't sure because of the wording and I kind of did not want to send the officiating company an email asking about it

Guess I will whip up 29 more 50 word essays LOL
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
3936 posts
23024 upvotes
North York
alohamom wrote: Does any one know if a NPE contest that requires an "original essay" but has daily entries allows for the original essay to be used each day. Or does it have to be unique each day?

My thought is to change up a sentence or two and reenter with my original but I am curious what everyones thoughts on this are, or if you have experience with this.

The contest I am looking at is the Air Miles one here:

2020-02-07-air-miles-flight-day-giveawa ... e-2346886/

This is from the rules and I do not see where it says unique essay per day, just original

To receive one (1) Contest entry without purchase, an Eligible Collector must submit his or her first and last name, complete mailing address including city, province, postal code, daytime phone number (including area code), e-mail address and AIR MILES Collector Number plus a fifty (50) word or more original essay describing "Where I would go if I won a flight" and e-mail to: Airmiles+FlightADay@promotionsolutions.net (with "AIR MILES® Flight-A-Day Giveaway Contest" in the subject line of the e-mail). The e-mail must be received by Contest Sponsor no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 7, 2020.
Limit of one (1) use of Entry Option B per Collector Number per day, to a maximum of thirty (30) uses per Collector Number during the Contest Period.
It is best to ask them on social media; I find they reply faster on TW..let us know!
Sep 6, 2019
23 posts
48 upvotes
For the winners of Air Miles Round Up Contest guess we have to wait for another month for receive our prizes. The reason why is because I got an update (from email) that they haven't even finish obtaining all gift cards.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11136 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
RE - AIRMILES FLIGHT-A-DAY GIVEAWAY

@alohamom - @Farseer - @ktan09 - @Rosibal - @BigSisterFan

Hey Everyone,

This has also been highlighted on the RFD SHOPPING DISCUSSION FORUM, in the Annual Ongoing AirMiles thread:

now-open-airmiles-2020-rfd-cus-general- ... #p32005577

You all are welcome to join the conversation on EVERYTHING AirMiles Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Also @BigSisterFan ... CONGRATULATIONS on your AMs Round Up Contest Win
There are several other RFDers who also won ... and still awaiting their GC Prizes as well
Doesn’t hurt to connect / share your findings with theirs on the matter of when the prizes will be coming in the aforementioned thread
We are a great bunch ... the more the merrier
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2067 posts
22576 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey everyone, another week and no wins. I'm ok about it, but not happy. All in due time, I guess. One thing I know is that my entering contests irregularly worked out better than entering every so often. Sometimes days, sometimes weeks before it was getting to months for me contesting before christmas. One thing I know is, you can pace yourself in contests, I don't like not winning and entering is usually not fun when you're below your whatever meter. In regards to these contests, it seems not many have won big prizes. The Maxwell House grand prize was drawn on the 6th, they have 1025 other winning emails to send out. Did anyone win that, though if they did, I think more people would say the did. I like people letting us know they won cuz it not only motivates yourself, it gets others back into it. Good luck in 2020, and I hope you still get a win, big or small, sooner than later.
Jan 24, 2014
662 posts
3835 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Pet peeve: When the address for a NPE is longer than the essay - I only have so much envelope!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
2013 WINS: $13,300 - 2014 WINS: $16,860 - 2015 WINS: $13,430 - 2016 WINS: $5,565 - 2017 WINS: $7,985 - 2018 WINS: $9,795 - 2019 WINS: $17,550 - 2020 WINS: $360
Aug 4, 2016
2 posts
Instagram contest question. There's a lot of local insta contests that require tagging friends, but I stopped/don't want to tag my friends dozens of contest posts. I would be interested in finding other people (between 1-3) who love entering contests on insta in (Winnipeg/MB area preferably) who would be ok with me tagging them, and also who could tag me. If anyone wants to, send me a message on here.
Feb 14, 2012
410 posts
1864 upvotes
Congratulations to our big winner of the KLM Advent Calendar Contest : D. Potvin from Ottawa and the 5 winners of our secondary prizes : M. Yee, B. King, G. Letourneau, J. Van Meijel and E. Beyer.

Thank you all for your participation!
From klm canada fb page
Aug 6, 2019
6 posts
69 upvotes
stinastr wrote: Hey everyone, another week and no wins. I'm ok about it, but not happy. All in due time, I guess. One thing I know is that my entering contests irregularly worked out better than entering every so often. Sometimes days, sometimes weeks before it was getting to months for me contesting before christmas. One thing I know is, you can pace yourself in contests, I don't like not winning and entering is usually not fun when you're below your whatever meter. In regards to these contests, it seems not many have won big prizes. The Maxwell House grand prize was drawn on the 6th, they have 1025 other winning emails to send out. Did anyone win that, though if they did, I think more people would say the did. I like people letting us know they won cuz it not only motivates yourself, it gets others back into it. Good luck in 2020, and I hope you still get a win, big or small, sooner than later.
I’m not sure if this is the same contest, but I was contacted on January 3rd by HelloWorld Customer Care to say I won a $10 Maxwell House Product Coupon. I’m not a big coffee drinker, but I’m thinking I will use the coupon to enter their next contest and donate the coffee. Best of luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2067 posts
22576 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Everythingisadeal wrote: I’m not sure if this is the same contest, but I was contacted on January 3rd by HelloWorld Customer Care to say I won a $10 Maxwell House Product Coupon. I’m not a big coffee drinker, but I’m thinking I will use the coupon to enter their next contest and donate the coffee. Best of luck!
Guess I didn't win. There were only supposed to be 5000 specially marked containers, and the npe entry. Didn't really want to win those prizes, but thought with the 6-7 ballots I put in, it would be a sure winner. Glad they're on time. My luck continues to be square. Guess I gotta enter some more, or wait until I win before I start up just cuz lol. Good luck all!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
2103 posts
22095 upvotes
Ottawa

Unless rules state that daily entry must be different unique essay then I use same 50 word essay for each email entry for Air Miles Contest - my submission have never been rejected, BUT I've never won either!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
1423 posts
16830 upvotes
MommaMac wrote: Unless rules state that daily entry must be different unique essay then I use same 50 word essay for each email entry for Air Miles Contest - my submission have never been rejected, BUT I've never won either!
I contacted them and was told "It must be an original essay each day."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

zdenoZ