• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2020 11:00 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1308 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
panzz wrote: How do you guys balance work and life?
There used to be a lot more contests and my average was 100 a day. I do them first thing in the morning, with my coffee, and it takes about an hour in total. Lots of time left for life, especially since I'm not at all functional for the first few hours of each day, lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1308 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
My link to the members portal for the Canadian Tire Tested panel is no longer working. I just received a new testing offer though, so am still in good standing. Could someone on the panel please PM me the link to the log-in page? I'd really appreciate it, because I like to check in there every now and again.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1705 posts
3405 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote: My link to the members portal for the Canadian Tire Tested panel is no longer working. I just received a new testing offer though, so am still in good standing. Could someone on the panel please PM me the link to the log-in page? I'd really appreciate it, because I like to check in there every now and again.
I wouldn't mind knowing also, if someone could send me the link also. I wonder what happened to it?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1308 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
gofforever wrote: I wouldn't mind knowing also, if someone could send me the link also. I wonder what happened to it?
I thought that maybe I'd been dropped, because I hadn't had an offer to test for a VERY long time. It was only the offer last week, that made me realize that they still have me on file.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1705 posts
3405 upvotes
pickmepickme wrote: I thought that maybe I'd been dropped, because I hadn't had an offer to test for a VERY long time. It was only the offer last week, that made me realize that they still have me on file.
The link I had stopped working long ago. I just remembered about it also because I was sent an email last week also.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2244 posts
23332 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not winning all that much, seems I can't really complain either, since lots of stuff I recall seeing I'd want to win, but it would be late when I'm chilling, or still having to wear my jacket. lol. It's been such an up and down winter, that I'm totally over it. Can't wait for a clear turnaround and better temperatures. This week might be a little dull, but when it gets better, well, they usually have more contests than lol. Maybe I gotta enter more often. Enjoying the downtime, and can't wait for it to pick up. Hopefully this year is a year filled with fun and stupendous contests. Good luck!
Jun 11, 2019
34 posts
264 upvotes
British Columbia
Hey Everyone! I'm a relative newbie at winning contests, but was super excited last month when House & Home contacted me to say that I won the $600 Benjamin Moore Paint contest. I signed the waiver and got it back to them within the time frame. I received an email back confirming receipt and that I'd be contacted by Benjamin Moore for delivery.

But today I received a voice mail from H&H saying there was an error in the waivers and they had already given the prize to another person. From the sounds of the VM it was an error on their part as she said the prize had already been given and she was sorry for the mix up.

Has that ever happened to anyone before?

I figure there's nothing that can be done about it, but thought chatting with people who get the highs and lows of contesting might help. I'm mostly just gutted, I think, because I had big, fun plans ready for that paint lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1705 posts
3405 upvotes
allygee04 wrote: Hey Everyone! I'm a relative newbie at winning contests, but was super excited last month when House & Home contacted me to say that I won the $600 Benjamin Moore Paint contest. I signed the waiver and got it back to them within the time frame. I received an email back confirming receipt and that I'd be contacted by Benjamin Moore for delivery.

But today I received a voice mail from H&H saying there was an error in the waivers and they had already given the prize to another person. From the sounds of the VM it was an error on their part as she said the prize had already been given and she was sorry for the mix up.

I figure there's nothing that can be done about it, but thought chatting with people who get the highs and lows of contesting might help. I'm mostly just gutted, I think, because I had big, fun plans ready for that paint lol.
What kind of an error? If you made it than I can see why they would give the prize to someone else. If they made it that's not your fault and you should get the prize anyway. I would ask for clarification.
Jun 11, 2019
34 posts
264 upvotes
British Columbia
gofforever wrote: What kind of an error? If you made it than I can see why they would give the prize to someone else. If they made it that's not your fault and you should get the prize anyway. I would ask for clarification.
Yeah, I agree I need some clarification. She said in the VM they "had already given the prize" so sounds like they maybe drew twice for one contest. I'm emailing her now that I'm caffeinated :)
Jan 1, 2003
627 posts
767 upvotes
allygee04 wrote: Hey Everyone! I'm a relative newbie at winning contests, but was super excited last month when House & Home contacted me to say that I won the $600 Benjamin Moore Paint contest. I signed the waiver and got it back to them within the time frame. I received an email back confirming receipt and that I'd be contacted by Benjamin Moore for delivery.

I would ask them to explain the mix up. If it's on their end they should honor the prize. Just be polite when you question them. It goes a long way in whether they decide to help you out or not.

In the Oikos Snack to Win contest, I got the email release for $1000 Visa gift card. I sent it back in. A day later, I got an email saying I was disqualified for having too many accounts. I'm like WTF? I had an account and the wife had one. I emailed them back asking to clarify because the rules say one per person, not household. They replied that I had 4 accounts for that contest under my email. I explained how could that be? When you try and re-register, it says email is already registered so it was impossible to have that many accounts. Long story short, they looked into it and it turns out the fault was on their end. Human error typing in the info. somehow 3 other accounts were linked to mine. Because of that, they gave out more cards than available. They apologized for the mix up, and sent me $1000 check. It took a couple of months on their end to get it sorted out.
Jun 11, 2019
34 posts
264 upvotes
British Columbia
Volvotech wrote: I would ask them to explain the mix up. If it's on their end they should honor the prize. Just be polite when you question them. It goes a long way in whether they decide to help you out or not.

In the Oikos Snack to Win contest, I got the email release for $1000 Visa gift card. I sent it back in. A day later, I got an email saying I was disqualified for having too many accounts. I'm like WTF? I had an account and the wife had one. I emailed them back asking to clarify because the rules say one per person, not household. They replied that I had 4 accounts for that contest under my email. I explained how could that be? When you try and re-register, it says email is already registered so it was impossible to have that many accounts. Long story short, they looked into it and it turns out the fault was on their end. Human error typing in the info. somehow 3 other accounts were linked to mine. Because of that, they gave out more cards than available. They apologized for the mix up, and sent me $1000 check. It took a couple of months on their end to get it sorted out.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I sent an email asking for more info on what went wrong and tried to sound polite about it. Now I wait till their back in the office next week. Fingers crossed for a good response!
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
22079 posts
4423 upvotes
North Vancouver
McDonald's Monopoly contest fraud/theft from the 1990s... There is a 6-part HBO documentary on this called McMillion$ ... quite interesting and riveting.
Jan 29, 2013
185 posts
1326 upvotes
Saskatoon Sk
Hi - this may not be the proper forum for my three questions but I’m not finding where else to ask your advice!
#1) for the last few months the heading always says - Not Secure - forums.rfd.com yet I have had any problems with the site
#2) I have tried everything but my location keeps defaulting to Toronto even though I am Saskatoon and have always been and
#3) does anyone know why for the capcha I always just get a green check mark, never the capcha to solve?

That’s it I would appreciate any input from the RFD crew and cheers everyone on your great wins!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
1551 posts
18005 upvotes
Hobi1234 wrote: Hi - this may not be the proper forum for my three questions but I’m not finding where else to ask your advice!
#1) for the last few months the heading always says - Not Secure - forums.rfd.com yet I have had any problems with the site
#2) I have tried everything but my location keeps defaulting to Toronto even though I am Saskatoon and have always been and
#3) does anyone know why for the capcha I always just get a green check mark, never the capcha to solve?

That’s it I would appreciate any input from the RFD crew and cheers everyone on your great wins!
Here is a link that may help answer #1
rfd-not-secure-2242457/
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1308 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
My experience with #3 is that if I do more than about 10 in a day, I have to do the captcha.