Contests

[Other] Contest Discussion(s)

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2020 8:07 pm
Tags:
Nov 20, 2015
4 posts
1 upvote
I was a weekly winner in Snack Season contest 5 times. I received 1 prize containing 2 hats, 1 shirt, 1 long sleeve shirt and 1 hoodie. I reached out to them regarding the rest of the prizes and they told me that prize I received contained all of my prize winnings. I understood the weekly prize value was $100. Anyone else have any issues with this?
Nov 20, 2015
4 posts
1 upvote
I won 5 times. They sent me 1 prize containing all of my winnings for the entire contest.
Jan 1, 2003
632 posts
813 upvotes
pinkylou wrote: I won 5 times. They sent me 1 prize containing all of my winnings for the entire contest.
I won 6 times and haven't seen anything yet. i did get this email last week:

Our sincere apologies but there has been a mix-up with your NFL prize. We have mistakenly sent you the wrong one. We have corrected the error and the correct prize is now on the way to you.

Please note: The incorrect prize does not need to be returned.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Maybe they are aware of the inconsistencies in the prizes.

Problem is in the rules they don't say what exactly is included in the prize- just a value
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
2511 posts
24513 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So many recent events cancelled, that I don't know what some contests will be offering soon. Hopefully this virus will be short-lived. It's already spreading less in it's origin, but is spreading in Europe. Hopefully we all get back out and do some fun things once it's safe and once we all get into the spring feeling. I don't think anything that has this much momentum can ultimately last a long time since it's not a positive for the people. Maybe they'll have other things to offer in the meantime, but hopefully it doesn't slow us down to a stall. Let's hope the streets get busy again come the warmer weather sooner amidst this respiratory fever fiasco and we can all do things without thinking..I'm unlucky in contests, but still healthy. There were some Junos contests, cancelled. There was a Raptors in NYC contest, now the season is postponed. Maybe some contests will be postponed, but some will ultimately be cancelled. Not that interesting, more important things than contests, but it directly impacts this as well lol. Hopefully we all get through safe and sound and enjoy this time for what it's worth.
Jan 16, 2012
491 posts
7565 upvotes
Ontario
"How we're handling Covid19" emails have now out outnumbered Black Friday and Boxing Day sales emails - totalled.

The downside of ticking that "add me to your mailing list" box when entering contests. ;)
2019 2018 6 wins/$7,354 2017 8 wins/$9,088 2016 16 win/$8,960 2015 20 wins/$6,333 2014 19 wins/$1,187 2013 22 wins/$1,664, 2012 21 wins/$10,259, 2011 1 win/$5,000
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
40488 posts
36348 upvotes
Economy
Yup, I got about 20 so far.
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2013
1598 posts
784 upvotes
Halifax, NS
ActonSue wrote: "How we're handling Covid19" emails have now out outnumbered Black Friday and Boxing Day sales emails - totalled.

The downside of ticking that "add me to your mailing list" box when entering contests. ;)
yup. and then i work in a newsroom, so my work email is inundated with government statements and event cancellations...

makes it hard not to feel a bit panicky. O_o
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2010
22145 posts
4478 upvotes
North Vancouver
Win a cruise... no, thx, I'll pass!
Mar 13, 2006
93 posts
822 upvotes
Are we all abandoning the travel contests? I wonder if they will substitute cash prizes... Curious how this will be handled.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
40488 posts
36348 upvotes
Economy
I am not avoiding them at all.
By the time the prize is given out, this will be all over.
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1315 posts
1243 upvotes
Toronto
Emilyb wrote: Are we all abandoning the travel contests? I wonder if they will substitute cash prizes... Curious how this will be handled.
And even if the trip is coming up soon, they'd probably postpone it, rather than give out cash instead.
Oct 14, 2011
69 posts
129 upvotes
DUNDAS
valeriey wrote: I am not avoiding them at all.
By the time the prize is given out, this will be all over.
Same